Norn Iron

21 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Oops! 

In my defence, I have just come round from a general anaesthetic! 🤪

Since 2019?

That's one heck of a long operation! :)

• Haha 4

On 05/01/2024 at 17:27, Lanterne Rouge said:

Did you aspire to the `Hutch` leather jacket or the `Starsky` chunky knit cardy?

I always wanted to do that roll across the car bonnet thing but never did - I doubt I`d be able to get up there now without breaking my neck!

RIP David, another memory of much simpler times slips away.

Sorry to chip in so late but back in 70's during the Starsky and Hutch era my Nan made my Mum & Dad and myself the Starsky chunky knit cardy thing with identical pattern to Starsky's. We used to sit watching Starsky and Hutch with our cardies on. I was a huge fan but above all Antonio Fargas (Huggy Bear) was my favourite. About 15-20 years back he was in panto  at Weston super Mare. I saw him outside the playhouse and as a grown adult I was so made up to see him but so awestuck I couldn't go and say hi.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Sorry to chip in so late but back in 70's during the Starsky and Hutch era my Nan made my Mum & Dad and myself the Starsky chunky knit cardy thing with identical pattern to Starsky's. We used to sit watching Starsky and Hutch with our cardies on. I was a huge fan but above all Antonio Fargas (Huggy Bear) was my favourite. About 15-20 years back he was in panto  at Weston super Mare. I saw him outside the playhouse and as a grown adult I was so made up to see him but so awestuck I couldn't go and say hi.   

I think I have told this story on here before, however, several years ago when my kids were still at school (6th form),Henry Winkler,(The Fonz),was visiting their school as part of the reading project he is very passionate about. I was on the point of exploding with excitement when they both told me they weren't interested and indeed they didn't bother going.I still haven't forgiven them after all these years!

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Frank Farian - who has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever and pretend it was someone else that died:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/jan/23/frank-farian-creator-of-boney-m-and-milli-vanilli-dies-aged-82?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Sad loss to his family and friends no doubt................... but no great loss to music .

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 15:17, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Saw Melanie at the 1970 Isle of Wight festival, very underrated singer/songwriter. RIP.

She was on Jools Holland's show only a couple of years ago. They didn't talk about her cover of the Wurzels No 1 hit song (which was 'written' by an Irish comedian).

• Haha 1

On 01/02/2024 at 13:18, Ronnie Sinclair said:

One for the local punk scene - Shane Baldwin, of The Vice Squad Last Rockers 

7 hours ago, weepywall said:

City fan aswell I believe.

Really sad to hear of Shane's passing, and at such a young age. Yeah I used to see him and Dave Bateman (who also died way too young) down the football in the early Vice Squad days. And a bit later drinking with Dave in the Ship and Castle pre-match, though I don't think Shane was going to games any longer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mason said:

just saw this,so sad and as a 70yr old bowel cancer surviver myself I can thank my lucky stars and the NHS as I watch my grand children reek havoc on their weekly visits

You are a fortunate man and long may it remain that way

• Thanks 1

On 02/02/2024 at 20:05, BigTone said:

You are a fortunate man and long may it remain that way

x2 have had COPD for over 12yrs as well, must be the manual outdoor job I still do every weekday with my son, my latest name will give you a clue with that.⚒️

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mason said:

x2 have had COPD for over 12yrs as well, must be the manual outdoor job I still do every weekday with my son, my latest name will give you a clue with that.⚒️

Um, um ........ postman ?  I'd lay London to a brick with that guess being correct.

Edited by BigTone

On 02/02/2024 at 18:36, City Rocker said:

Really sad to hear of Shane's passing, and at such a young age. Yeah I used to see him and Dave Bateman (who also died way too young) down the football in the early Vice Squad days. And a bit later drinking with Dave in the Ship and Castle pre-match, though I don't think Shane was going to games any longer. 

Knew Dave well back in the 80's, nice lad

13 hours ago, BigTone said:

I could do with you here in France right now. Have many stone walls that need repair.

I don't know which province you are in Tone, but we visited friends down in the Limousin District before COVID, and you could be describing almost every other property down there.