IGNORED

URGENT info for those travelling to West Ham by train

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Yes Crohn’s is a pain in the ass 😂 (before anyone says anything I’m sufferer and am allowed to make scaffold humor jokes)

@robinforlife2 I’ve been on TNFa blockers for years (Humira and now Cimzia) One of the reasons I don’t move permanently back home is the availability of biologics in the US that a lot of NHS areas can’t/ won’t pay for. 

PM me if you like and I’ll give you some thoughts if you want them. 

Thank you. I'm on loads of Steroids and painkillers and I've put on so much weight without eating! I think I must be immune to Prednisolone and Budesonide, I've had that much of it in the last 9 years! I'm aware of Humira, but I'm needle phobic, so that's a no for a start. I have to take Propranolol to stop me absolutely freaking out, every time I'm in hospital. I had a temporary stoma in 2016, and it was reversed, but it's looking like I'm going to be having a bag for life soon, and not one that costs 30p at Tesco!

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Thank you. I'm on loads of Steroids and painkillers and I've put on so much weight without eating! I think I must be immune to Prednisolone and Budesonide, I've had that much of it in the last 9 years! I'm aware of Humira, but I'm needle phobic, so that's a no for a start. I have to take Propranolol to stop me absolutely freaking out, every time I'm in hospital. I had a temporary stoma in 2016, and it was reversed, but it's looking like I'm going to be having a bag for life soon, and not one that costs 30p at Tesco!

There are oral TNFa blockers available now fyi. 

Take a look!

Humira is in a eppy pen type of thing. You don’t see a thing just push a trigger button and it’s all over in under eight seconds. You barely feel it let alone see it. 

Cimizia is a basic needle/syringe but you get used to it, particularly as what choice do you have. 

The constant hospitalization is a thing of the past for me for now at least (touchwood). Yes most weeks I have to deal with something but for the most part I’m pretty normal (Except for posting on this forum 😂)

Good luck. Remember me if you want a chat!

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Just bumped into the legend that is @Harry in the mall at Stratford tube, so that’s two of us making it!

Great to see you too mate. Hope you enjoyed the game 😀

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bet he was buying a sausage roll.

🤣🤣 I can assure you, the only person eating was Graham! 
I’d just been to the Lego shop with my daughter (£745 for an At-At! Mental) and I was trying to locate a toilet, which was when we saw GC dining in a little caf. 

Caveat - I was gonna have a Greggs but there was a massive queue!! 

Edited by Harry
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d just been to the Lego shop with my daughter (£745 for an At-At! Mental) and I was trying to locate a toilet, which was when we saw GC dining in a little caf. 

So you were in the Lego store, hoping for a SH-AT-SH-AT!

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

According to Joe….they are pronounced 80-80 not “at-at”….I'm so uncool.  Joe has the mid-size Millenium Falcon, couldn’t afford the really big one.  Did she buy it?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

According to Joe….they are pronounced 80-80 not “at-at”….I'm so uncool.  Joe has the mid-size Millenium Falcon, couldn’t afford the really big one.  Did she buy it?

Hey. I know it was only £1 for the kids ticket, but if she thinks that means she can have a £745 Lego set then she’s very much mistaken. It was strictly window shopping! 

• Haha 2

Jesus Christ yesterday I tapped my bank card once for the barriers to open as didn’t have a London travel ticket, once in Liverpool Street, from Paddington rest of the time the barriers were up, got charged £15.50 looking at my bank, caaaaaants

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Jesus Christ yesterday I tapped my bank card once for the barriers to open as didn’t have a London travel ticket, once in Liverpool Street, from Paddington rest of the time the barriers were up, got charged £15.50 looking at my bank, caaaaaants

You need to tap in / out even if the barriers are open, as you didn’t tap back out it charged for the full day of a railcard.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Played the game, lost the game 😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

You need to tap in / out even if the barriers are open, as you didn’t tap back out it charged for the full day of a railcard.

Yea I’ve just noticed that, sake, as if the Hamilton Hall spoons charging £6.60 a pint was enough

What a day out! Did the added complication of traversing the national rail network make it even more fun? In part, yes…in part, no!

fair play to everyone who made it using the trains; it wasn’t easy trying to follow the updates to services. 

Our original train on the SWR was cancelled due to a land slip, so we departed from another station on an alternative line, requiring 3 changes and change onto GWR. The team on GWR train were, contrary to many comments here, super helpful and allowed us to travel using our SWR tickets, despite not officially being valid. Some confusion when we got to Reading before boarding the Elizabeth line. The driver of that train said he’d try and get through the disrupted area but we decided to alight at Ealing Broadway and take the central line all the way to Stratford. At this point we had not tapped in on any TFL service but the guard at Stratford understood and let us through. 

we decided to ditch the train on the return as it wasn’t clear if service was on or off! Our very obliging, West Ham supporting friend drove us home to our door. He thought we played very well 👌 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I did wonder if the gates being open at Stratford would have caught a lot of people out. I tend to buy a paper travelcard when going to London just so I know I'm covered.

1 minute ago, Wokingham Red said:

I did wonder if the gates being open at Stratford would have caught a lot of people out. I tend to buy a paper travelcard when going to London just so I know I'm covered.

I thought my ticket did include a travel card tbh as usually when I travel via Waterloo it does, went via Paddington this time and it did not, cost me extra too! Hence why I had to use my card, applied for a partial refund, am sure I ain’t alone in be In being charged for this.

Please don’t think I’m moaning was such a brilliant day out and met some great City fans along the way, thank you all 😊

I wasn't at the game but just reading the stories of the rail travel brought back some very bad memories for me.

It once took me 6.5 hours to get from Chippenham to London on a Monday morning, stood like sardines nearly the whole way.

Turned up very late for an important course, all very stressful. There were people missing flights, funerals, interviews, people nearly passing out due to the overcrowding and bad air, zero info from GWR.

Sometimes, the weather just can't be tamed but good to hear that some rail staff were helpful yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was done on purpose hoping to catch people out and get a load of free cash in.

I had a wrongful ULEZ charge a couple of years ago and the letter was worded which seemed to mean that I had to pay within x days or the charge would double and then appeal, so I paid it and then went to appeal the ULEZ charge but wasn't allowed to appeal because I had paid it. 

After:

• Engineering works overrun
  • Flooding
  • Broken door
  • Canceled train
  • Driver not allowed to drive anymore
  • Electric issues between Reading and Paddington 
  • Signalling faults

Managed to miss the first 10 minutes, so as far as I'm concerned we won 0-1 and I had my least expensive away day ever!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

10 hours ago, alexukhc said:

If you log into https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/contactless-and-oyster-account and create an account and add your bank card you may be able to manually enter leaving the system at Stratford and get a partial refund. Has worked for me in the past 

I bought my ticket all the way to Stratford return, about £5 cheaper than just to Paddington plus the £5.60? Saved by not having to buy Elizabeth line tickets.

But you do then have to have an old fashioned ticket not a digital one.

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I bought my ticket all the way to Stratford return, about £5 cheaper than just to Paddington plus the £5.60? Saved by not having to buy Elizabeth line tickets.

But you do then have to have an old fashioned ticket not a digital one.

We did the same, threw me having one ticket for the entire journey.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

We did the same, threw me having one ticket for the entire journey.

Yes, plus you’ve got to remember to keep it and in fairly good condition for when you inevitably have to photo it for a delay refund

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes, plus you’ve got to remember to keep it and in fairly good condition for when you inevitably have to photo it for a delay refund

Glad you said that, I thought my mate who organised the train would have to claim it as he paid originally .
I need to Google how to claim :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I need to Google how to claim :thumbsup:

Should be getting £12 back for the outward journey , now if I can find a return train that was late or cancelled and bingo 

;)

Not sure if anyone else has put this yet but after the delays I put in a claim to GWR Delay Repay and it's already been approved. Two tickets that cost £142 I've got £112 refund!

My Train was a Parkway to Paddington return. A few friends that had their train cancelled from Temple Meads also got their tickets refunded.

Hopefully this helps a few of you out! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen some on twitter have had issues presumably because they either did split ticketing or booked using the train line 

With split ticketing obviously you’re taking a risk but with train line people don’t realise they add their own fees and charges (including for delay repay) which booking direct with the operator doesn’t do