IGNORED

Andi Weimann - Loan to WBA Confirmed

GrahamC

If it results in a reduced fee for TGH that's a superb deal imo.

A great servant over the past 5.5 years but at 32 he's slowed down slightly of late. A good move for all parties I think

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Not sure why West Brom would want him but a good deal for everyone involved. 

Never been his biggest fan but he won me over with his 20 goal season a few years back and been a good servant for us , good luck Andi.

Maybe because he’s a fantastic professional?

Hard working, versatile, unselfish.

I can’t see him being a regular starter there myself (think they have players at AFCON, so useful squad option) but as others have pointed out the family home is near & I reckon Corberan probably knows more about football than you or me.

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

Out of the blue??

Thank you Andi. Great pro, not a bad record either..top value for money, versatile etc.

All the best- except vs us but loanees can't v their parent club..if only NP had the benefit such as Baker, Weimann, Wells in their pomp rather than perhaps a bit past their best and or injuries.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I can’t see him being a regular starter there myself (think they have players at AFCON, so useful squad option) but as others have pointed out the family home is near & I reckon Corberan probably knows more about football than you or me.

Wasn’t digging him out or anything it’s just a surprise move which no one seen coming that’s all, agree with all the things you said about him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Crazy to even question it.  A hugely impressive pro who has helped to nurture our young talent, all the while providing 100% effort every single game and no little skill to match!  

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

I think we are moving him on at just about the right time. I would of thought the summer but if this allows a signing to come then it's a good move.

For a player signed in a period when we were spending a lot of money and then extening on reduced terms, he's been very good value for money and has contributed a lot in his time here. Model pro.

Very best of luck to him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Malago said:

If Andi is to make the Austrian squad for this summer’s Euros he needs game time, hence the motivation to move on now.

Think that boat sailed a while ago, not been in a squad for a year.

• Like 1

As has been said, a great servant to the club, never giving less than 100% and to come back from the ACL the way he did was phenomenal - the last of the WSM still standing. Nobody could begrudge him a move closer to the family home and still playing a part at this level.

One of those tweets I remember is this one which shows how he helped Tommy and Alex through and what they thought of him:

It’s rare that a move just feels right for all parties - he’s become more peripheral for us, WBA are shorter of cash but get a proven performer at this level and it works for Andi personally. If he doesn’t leave with everyone’s best wishes - he should.

• Like 6