IGNORED

Andi Weimann - Loan to WBA Confirmed

GrahamC

Great player for us and time to move on. However we should have got a replacement in before allowing Andi to leave (Perhaps we already have one lined up) but we have a paperthin squad and letting a natural goalscorer (in his right position) leave, leaves us even shorter on firepower and experienced championship quality players   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, westonred said:

Great player for us and time to move on. However we should have got a replacement in before allowing Andi to leave (Perhaps we already have one lined up) but we have a paperthin squad and letting a natural goalscorer (in his right position) leave, leaves us even shorter on firepower and experienced championship quality players   

Again . It doesn’t work like that 🙄 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously, ignore him.

He just repeats this boring nonsense ad nauseam only to get a reaction.

Not at all Graham - I post my point of view, this a forum after all. 

To clarify - I only believe that any deal is completed when it’s announced on the OS. It’s the only 100% believable source.

I really don’t understand why some have a problem with that.     :dunno:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To clarify - I only believe that any deal is completed when it’s announced on the OS. It’s the only 100% believable source.

You need to get with the times. Bristol City FC make official announcements on X (the platform previously known as Twitter) before putting them on the official site. Maybe use the term "official platform" rather than "OS". HTH.

Incidentally:

Edited by CiderJar

4 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

You need to get with the times. Bristol City FC make official announcements on X (the platform previously known as Twitter) before putting them on the official site. Maybe use the term "official platform" rather than "OS". HTH.

Incidentally:

Don’t bother. He knows exactly what he’s doing . He’s a sad attention seeking troll 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

It is understandable that Andy Weimann would want to finish his playing career nearer to where his family lives.

I echo the comments about Andy being a great servant who had always given 100% and has been a leader and mentor for our younger players.

Too often someone leaving results in thanks being given but capped off with snide comments. None of that for Andy Weimann which shows how much he is respected..

Reading this forum he will be sorely missed. I hope that when he comes back that he is given a generous applause.

Thanks Andy and good luck for the future 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Watching Tv Kerry GIF by Gogglebox Australia

27 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I’m not on X so must be missing out on done deals      :sad26:

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The problem people have is that it doesn't need clarifying, we are all too painfully aware of your stance because you post it almost every day of a transfer window. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not sure there's much of a badge of honour in being unable to critically analyse information and come to an informed conclusion as to its likely veracity.

But you do you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The problem people have is that it doesn't need clarifying, we are all too painfully aware of your stance because you post it almost every day of a transfer window. 

Hes right though re taking news from official club media before believing it, we are currently also following a news story about a leeds player based on someone they know in harrogate hearing something… and there are a load of others on this forum alone

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, westonred said:

No i realise that but it seems crazy weakening an already small inexperienced squad without bringing in someone first

Like I said it doesn’t work like that . So many variables. How do you know we don’t have someone lined up . Fee, contract agreed but they’re waiting to make a signing before they sell to us . It could be something in Andi’s contract . They may have made the decision that we can cope for a few days . Maybe it’s a player waiting to be recalled from a loan . 
If we don’t get anyone one in at all then I’ll 100% agree with you . Let’s see first 

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hes right though re taking news from official club media before believing it, we are currently also following a news story about a leeds player based on someone they know in harrogate hearing something… and there are a load of others on this forum alone

That’s not the point though.

See @steviestevieneville’s post ⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Incidentally:

Ergot , Robbored is really something.

Going back to Andi, WB must feel they’ll be able to get something out of Andi otherwise, why pay his wages when they could have held on to TGH and focused on him as one for their future and had less of a wage bill. Or have I read that wrong. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts scoring goals for them now 😂

Edited by JP Hampton

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Like I said it doesn’t work like that . So many variables. How do you know we don’t have someone lined up . Fee, contract agreed but they’re waiting to make a signing before they sell to us . It could be something in Andi’s contract . They may have made the decision that we can cope for a few days . Maybe it’s a player waiting to be recalled from a loan . 
If we don’t get anyone one in at all then I’ll 100% agree with you . Let’s see first 

Yes like i said I realise all that but my point is letting someone go when we have a very small squad anyhow seems crazy without getting someone in first

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

Yes like i said I realise all that but my point is letting someone go when we have a very small squad anyhow seems crazy without getting someone in first

I agree with you. With the injuries we carry the squad is too small and to lose Weimann before a replacement is on board makes no sense. Worryingly that we must be missing targets and we  have £25 million plus in the bank.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

Do you think the club doesn’t know this?

Probably 2 things are happening here, firstly McCrorie, Roberts & Sykes will all be available next week (my guess is that 1 of these will be a sub today). 

Secondly we’ll have someone new in by the Watford match.

This move isn’t taking place in isolation, it suits all parties & is part of funding changes to the current squad.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I agree with you. With the injuries we carry the squad is too small and to lose Weimann before a replacement is on board makes no sense. Worryingly that we must be missing targets and we  have £25 million plus in the bank.

Would it not make sense to wait and see what's actually happening before criticising what's happening? At the moment, there's no evidence whatsoever that we are losing Weimann without a replacement lined up. If Weimann goes and no replacement comes in next week then by all means criticise that. But why on Earth do it before it has actually happened? 

• Like 6