IGNORED

Andi Weimann - Loan to WBA Confirmed

GrahamC

On 14/01/2024 at 05:32, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it's been a very long time since we've had a group of good older experienced players like Wells, James, King, Weimann etc who help to set the daily high standards and help the younger players. 

Whilst you can put individual cases forward for all of them leaving, I think it will be a huge collective loss for us.

Very much back to the LJ days. 

Best wishes to Andi, a real top pro and someone we will miss. His Watford goal a fitting exit, great commitment. 

• Like 1

Great servant. Real team player. And not short on quality either. Sorry to see him leave our club.

Not sure what he did to get such a short article on the OS. The man plahed 200 odd games and scored 50 goals! Especially given our media teams love in for former players who achieved far less than him (Happy birthday Jamie Paterson). Maybe he insulted Jon's robin.

• Like 1

Just now, cellist said:

Great servant. Real team player. And not short on quality either. Sorry to see him leave our club.

Not sure what he did to get such a short article on the OS. The man plahed 200 odd games and scored 50 goals! Especially given our media teams love in for former players who achieved far less than him (Happy birthday Jamie Paterson). Maybe he insulted Jon's robin.

Would assume it’s because he’s not ‘left’ yet even though it’s almost nailed on. 

Should hopefully (and deservedly) give him a proper send off in the summer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Would assume it’s because he’s not ‘left’ yet even though it’s almost nailed on. 

Ah yes, fair enough. I was too quick to assume the worst!

4 minutes ago, cellist said:

3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Yes. Officially still our player.

Can't really judge this departure until we know who else is coming in in his place (I'm assuming there's SOMEONE!). He's not had a vintage campaign by his standards, but I thought he still had something to offer, though Manning's system doesn't seem to fit him as well as the front three of W-S-M did. The fact he's going to a team comfortably above us in the league suggests he's not done yet either.

Seeing as we aren't likely to be involved, would love him to end the season living closer to home and with a playoff winners medal in the cabinet.

Auf wiedersehn Andi, du bist ein robin.

Quite sad to see it officially announced but I think it’s the right decision. He has been so good for us though, 50 goals in 200+ appearances. Not only his performances but his attitude has been fantastic for the younger players to feed off.

Definitely a modern City legend. All the best Andi!

💥

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Andi Weimann - Loan to WBA Confirmed
16 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The only player to get 20+ goals in a Championship season for us for quite a while 

Indeed, he will always be remembered for that season, terrific numbers.

Personally i was a huge fan of Andi, what he sometimes lacked in quality he always made up for it in work rate and effort. That is all you can ask from players that they give it 100% and that is something Andi did everytime he put on our shirt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cellist said:

He's gone on loan and hasn't (yet) left the club permanently. If, and when, he does I'm sure he'll get a far more fitting tribute. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

We miss him and his leadership. IMO

The goals & assists were pretty useful too.

Criminally underrated by some of our supporters.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3