IGNORED

City are live on national television this Tuesday - its cliché time!

Curr Avon

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Clearly a fan of Bristol City 1970s. Not sure he's much of a current supporter though

Tommy Williams

Williams Stand

Mehmet

Among other errors

Enjoyed him referring to the Williams stand. Though as you say probably wasn't deliberate!

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

When he started talking about us having plenty of cult heroes I did wonder if he was going to list them all, but he left it at Gow.

Quite possibly the greatest City player I've ever seen, not having watched Atyeo.

Mr 100%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Gaschat not happy that JP got the gig.

I think they might write to the BBC to complain.

I hope they enjoyed seeing a fine stadium under lights.

I’m not sure what’s sadder. Gas chat or you for being on there tonight!

I thought the most interesting thing he said, which strongly suggested he'd been informed by someone above ( imo Tins) is that any Coach coming here, will be told to play a certain way, dictated to by those in charge, in a way that had been ingrained in the Academy. 

Words to that affect. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

I thought the most interesting thing he said, which strongly suggested he'd been informed by someone above ( imo Tins) is that any Coach coming here, will be told to play a certain way, dictated to by those in charge, in a way that had been ingrained in the Academy. 

Words to that affect. 

He specifically said it was Tins who'd said it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Apparently an Argyle fan but grew up in Bristol and watched us hence the knowledge. Can anyone confirm that? 

Definitely red through and through since we were 11 years old when going to school together

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

An amazing display of non-stop verbalisation of Bristol City history.

Used the entire 94 minutes to offer the nation an insight into our past, current and future in a documentary/infomercial-esque fashion.

I think if you have made more then 20 appearances for us post-war, you got a mention, and if you didn’t then you would have done in extra-time.

A one man crusade to educate the country in a whirlwind attempt to get them up to speed as we have gone through middle two division anonymity for 40 odd years. 

God Bless you JP, and C’mon you Reds.

But he's slipping as he failed to mention our 2-1 win at the Boleyn Ground in February 78 with goals from Jimmy Mann and Joe Royle (Pop Robson for them). 

• Robin 1

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

Words to that affect. 

No-one's ever thought of or tried that before, and now JP's let the country know our unique philosophy. Doh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

But he's slipping as he failed to mention our 2-1 win at the Boleyn Ground in February 78 with goals from Jimmy Mann and Joe Royle (Pop Robson for them). 

I am almost 100% certain that if the 4th official would have held up 6 minutes instead of 4 then he would have woven this into his City-mentary.

Just imagining Danny Gabbidon’s face trying to add any value to the subject of Max O’Leary’s school years.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Haha 2