IGNORED

City are live on national television this Tuesday - its cliché time!

Curr Avon

“The Lansdowns are hugely popular figures here at Ashton Gate for all they’ve done for the club, with the development of first class facilities and stadium and for establishing them as a second tier outfit. Before they arrived the fans had been mostly served third and fourth rate football since 1980. Some of manager and administrative recruitment hasn’t always been as successful as they would have liked but the supporters are mature enough to know that the wisdom of hindsight is a wonderful thing. The mood is positive here in the red part of Bristol with the whole community looking forward to the next stage of club development, and with a bit of luck, promotion to the PL (promised land) with the godlike Lansdowns at the helm.”

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

“The Lansdowns are hugely popular figures here at Ashton Gate for all they’ve done for the club, with the development of first class facilities and stadium and for establishing them as a second tier outfit. Before they arrived the fans had been mostly served third and fourth rate football since 1980. Some of manager and administrative recruitment hasn’t always been as successful as they would have liked but the supporters are mature enough to know that the wisdom of hindsight is a wonderful thing. The mood is positive here in the red part of Bristol with the whole community looking forward to the next stage of club development, and with a bit of luck, promotion to the PL (promised land) with the godlike Lansdowns at the helm.”

I don't reckon the commentator will say all that.

On 14/01/2024 at 14:40, ralphindevon said:

In the past he’s said he wouldn’t do City if they got to the Premier League but may consider doing an FA cup tie.

I think he said if City go to the Premier League, he'd go to watch all the games and wouldn't want to work at them.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pearce lets down SOTC tonight!!!!  Reckon he’s been kidnapped!

Working on his notes for the game apparently.  Desperately trimming 200 Bristol City references down to a paltry 50. 

I'm not sure about him doing tonight's game.  I get more enjoyment when he manages to drop a Bristol City reference into a commentary on a France v USA women's international. Much more of a challenge. 

• Like 5

"Consistently inconsistent"

"A side that at times appear to be making progress and then somehow seem to shoot themselves in the foot and end up taking two steps backwards"

"Constantly struggling to find their own identity"

"A decent Championship outfit but ultimately lacking in the star quality needed to propel them to the promised land"

One of my favourite commentaries ever tbh. It's epic.

As someone said on match day thread. It's an epic version of robins tv (because when city are bad/or west ham good he says so- like the red- and Williams part in it even if was a red)

Edited by The turtle
  • Like 6