IGNORED

West Ham United at home FA Cup replay match thread

23 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Absolutely this.  Massive credit to Tommy and he got his just rewards for staying on his feet.  

So refreshing to see some honesty in football, rather than the cheating b*starts who hit the deck without even being touched.  

How many times have we heard the comment “there was contact, so he was entitled to go down”.  That one incident last night gave me flashbacks to the old days when there was far more honesty on football.

Well done Tommy!!! 👏👏👏

But if he'd gone down maybe Fabianski might have been sent off.  

21 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Yes true, there were times when that throw could have been sent out sooner, although he’s probably under instructions to wait until we’ve got our shape back. 

There was a point where he did end chucking it sooner and I swear that was as a result of the fans urging him on. 

Great save and although there were a few wobbly moments, but I’m happy with Max and I doubt we’ll realistically get anything that’s better on our budget  

My only real complaint with him is that he isn't very good at commanding the defense hence the mix up with tanner which should have been an easy take rather than giving them a corner. He needs to work on when to come out as was really good last night but gash on Saturday. Save was excellent and overall very good performance.

From west ham forum, touch salty?

"Let's call it right. Bristol City had about everything go their way. The unpunished red card offences across both games. The soft red for us. Playing us with half of our team away/injured.

That is the absolute best they can play, and even then it needed a gift of a goal to win it. We had more than enough chances to bury them across both matches, we just didn't take our chances.

That's the FA Cup for you. They really, really wanted it and played out of their skins. We didn't and weren't at our best. They just about shaded the tie."

Edited by Crackers Corner
1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

"Let's call it right. Bristol City had about everything go their way. The unpunished red card offences across both games. The soft red for us. Playing us with half of our team away/injured.

That is the absolute best they can play, and even then it needed a gift of a goal to win it. We had more than enough chances to bury them across both matches, we just didn't take our chances.

That's the FA Cup for you. They really, really wanted it and played out of their skins. We didn't and weren't at our best. They just about shaded the tie."

They are all over the BBC report saying we should have been down to 9 men and the ref gave us the game, love it...

3 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Soft red??  He kicked williams in the bollocks.

Edited by cheese
Added
  • Haha 3
Just now, cheese said:

But if he'd gone down maybe Fabianski might have been sent off.  

True.  Call me old fashioned though, but I will always go for those honest pros who’ll stumble to stay on their feet after being clattered, rather than go down like they’ve been shot.

It may give your team an advantage to go down, but the line between gamesmanship and downright cheating has all but disappeared.

If Tommy had missed the opportunity, I may have thought differently, but as it stands, he’s only gone up in my estimation for his honesty and drive to get the ball in the back of the net.

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

**** the cheeky Cocknernee chappies but if we ended up in 2 games v Blackpool and it mirrors ours v WHU with similar outcomes our forum will be full of such comments 

Football fans innit 😁

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

True.  Call me old fashioned though, but I will always go for those honest pros who’ll stumble to stay on their feet after being clattered, rather than go down like they’ve been shot.

It may give your team an advantage to go down, but the line between gamesmanship and downright cheating has all but disappeared.

If Tommy had missed the opportunity, I may have thought differently, but as it stands, he’s only gone up in my estimation for his honesty and drive to get the ball in the back of the net.

Problem is, when did you last see a penalty given when the player didn't go down? If you're fouled and don't go down in the box nothing is given. Totally different outside the box. The referees are their own worse enemy. Moan about players diving but then force them to do so.

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Did you actually watch the game?

I was there Phil - were you?

Just watching the replay - Williams got the ball and his foot slipped off and up catching Ings. Had there been VaR I doubt it wouldn’t even had been reviewed.

Edited by Robbored
  • Confused 1
51 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

**** the cheeky Cocknernee chappies but if we ended up in 2 games v Blackpool and it mirrors ours v WHU with similar outcomes our forum will be full of such comments 

Football fans innit 😁

Disagree.  When things go wrong we blame ourselves, or more specifically the club hierarchy.  Did we belittle Shrewsbury a few years ago when they knocked us out of the club?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Malago said:

Disagree.  When things go wrong we blame ourselves, or more specifically the club hierarchy.  Did we belittle Shrewsbury a few years ago when they knocked us out of the club?

Cant recall,did they have 2 red card offences on another day ignored and did we have a man sent off?

Seriously, acting holier than though and purporting to speak for the whole fanbase is a silly look.

Were their comments above "belittling" anyway?

20 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Cant recall,did they have 2 red card offences on another day ignored and did we have a man sent off?

Seriously, acting holier than though and purporting to speak for the whole fanbase is a silly look.

That is the absolute best they can play, and even then it needed a gift of a goal to win it. We had more than enough chances to bury them across both matches, we just didn't take our chances.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

We didn't have 2 red card offences ignored.

So that's not even a good comparison.

TGH wasn't ignored, he got booked (was lucky not to go, but it wasn't ignored) and Williams put in a cracking challenge.

15 hours ago, 22A said:

1994; City  drew 1-1 with a Prem team in the cup, then lost 2-0 in the League, but won the cup replay 1-0.

2024; City  drew 1-1 with a Prem team in the cup, then lost 2-0 in the League, but won the cup replay 1-0

And what happened in the League after the replay ?

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

Problem is, when did you last see a penalty given when the player didn't go down? If you're fouled and don't go down in the box nothing is given. Totally different outside the box. The referees are their own worse enemy. Moan about players diving but then force them to do so.

A sad reflection on the quality of officials we’re stuck with these days, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I was there Phil - were you?

Just watching the replay - Williams got the ball and his foot slipped off and up catching Ings. Had there been VaR I doubt it wouldn’t even had been reviewed.

It’s a red card every day of the week I don’t agree or make the rules but anything like that is straight red anyone saying otherwise is just arguing for the sake of it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

It’s a red card every day of the week I don’t agree or make the rules but anything like that is straight red anyone saying otherwise is just arguing for the sake of it

A red card everyday of the week except a Tuesday night, well that’s what the ref thought anyway.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Malago said:

That is the absolute best they can play, and even then it needed a gift of a goal to win it. We had more than enough chances to bury them across both matches, we just didn't take our chances.

Well...

Currently that is the best we can play.

As well as Tommy finished the killer pass was from them so a gift.

They did have chances in both games as did we.

Additionally they referred to unpunished red card offences (another ref would have given them) that we wanted it more, played out of our skins and they had key players missing.

I dont see any belittling myself.

Standard post defeat comments by all fans including our own.

16 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

We didn't have 2 red card offences ignored.

So that's not even a good comparison.

TGH wasn't ignored, he got booked (was lucky not to go, but it wasn't ignored) and Williams put in a cracking challenge.

Another ref would gave given them and my point (obviously) is that if the opposition had done them on our players we would have fans saying exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

How can they call that a soft red. To give a yellow in that situation would have been completely ridiculous. Someone kicking up towards a players chest, that’s a red in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

A sad reflection on the quality of officials we’re stuck with these days, unfortunately.