IGNORED

Andi Weimann appreciation thread

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wish him all the best in the future. The players we’ve had come and go over the last 5/6 years I’ve questioned their loyalty to our club. But not Weimann, he wore our shirt with pride and always gave 100%. 
End of a era good luck AW

What he said ⬆️⬆️

With bells on.

• Thanks 1

Gutted to see Andi go. One of my favourite players in all my time watching Bristol City, and criminally underrated by many IMHO. As intelligent, disciplined, and hard-working a player as you will see, but with some real quality to support it too.

5.5 years of service. 50 league goals (including a few absolutely brilliant ones). Played almost every position on the pitch at some point. Club captain. Behaviours & attitude that embody everything you want from a player at your club.

The word "legend" is often overused, but IMO Andi Weimann is as close to a club legend as anyone we've had in the last decade.

Genuinely wish him all the best. Thank you, Andi.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

An excellent role model for our younger players, never gave anything less than 100% and at his best was up there with the very best in the division. Had more of a bit part role this season on the pitch, but it's evident that his role off the pitch has been influential. It's rare that someone signed at 27 goes on to make such an impact at a club, that speaks volumes about how important and consistent he has been for us over the past five years

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 4

echo everything on here. He was one of my favourite players largely due to his exemplary attitude and approach to being a great pro. that goal fest season was also great, esp after injury.

His last goal finish showed how good he was in front of the net.

I can only wish him the best.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very good signing, top pro, scorer of some great and fan-loving goals.  So pleased he made the honours board, and to score 20+ on the back of an ACL was superb.

But…very good trading too.

All true and I'd only add that I expect we got his "best" years. We won't know for sure until he retires but I reckon we have.

One of those transfers where everything went about as well as it could have done I'd say.

I absolutely wish him all the best, and like you I am delighted his name is on the board.

• Like 3

Top pro, great guy.

I remember when we beat Hull 5-0 at the end of a few seasons ago and WSM were flying, I really thought it had finally clicked and we'd be unbeatable the season after.

Spoiler- we weren't!

Hope he gets a decent go of it at WBA - quick dig seems to suggest they've either played a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 in recent games. Reckon he could still do a job there.

Great servant, great pro. Recent appearances suggest his talents are on the wane, so it’s probably a good time to sell. I wish him all the best, but we must get a decent striker in now there’s a room in the wage budget. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tin said:

Great servant, great pro. Recent appearances suggest his talents are on the wane, so it’s probably a good time to sell. I wish him all the best, but we must get a decent striker in now there’s a room in the wage budget. 

Well said Tin - I’m sure plenty of City fans share your sentiments, me included.

I bumped into him once, at a Pub in Portishead. He was with Marlon Pack, Jack Hunt and someone else (might have been Flinty - i cant recall.). He was great with my lad, taking selfies and talking to him - not wanting to get away. He must have had a whole can on Lynx on him mind. 200 games, 50 goals, 30 assists for City. A big player in our recent history, and look at how the young lads looked up to him. Top bloke and a top pro

• Like 3

One of those rare players I find myself admiring everything about, much of it to do with his personal qualities not just his football skills. I'm not sure I can remember a better pro in all my years following City.

Thank you Andi. 👏

• Like 5

Thanks for everything Andi.  
You’ve been an absolutely top pro for us and a fantastic example for all the young players at our club to look up to .

Players come and go, though some live on in the memory far longer than others.  You are definitely one of the latter and I’m positive you’ll have the warmest of welcomes when we see you again.

Wishing you every success in the future and thank you for giving 100% every time you pulled on our shirt 👍👏👏

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

I bumped into him once, at a Pub in Portishead. He was with Marlon Pack, Jack Hunt and someone else (might have been Flinty - i cant recall.). He was great with my lad, taking selfies and talking to him - not wanting to get away. He must have had a whole can on Lynx on him mind. 200 games, 50 goals, 30 assists for City. A big player in our recent history, and look at how the young lads looked up to him. Top bloke and a top pro

*50 league goals. 

51 in all comps.

Quite sad to see it officially announced but I think it’s the right decision. He has been so good for us though, 50 goals in 200+ appearances. Not only his performances but his attitude has been fantastic for the younger players to feed off.

Definitely a modern City legend. All the best Andi!

🧨