IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

Come into the game expecting nothing, go a goal behind, score 2 to be leading with 5 left and concede a poor goal to throw away a win. Could anything be more Bristol City 🙄

Would love to see us start wells and Conway together. Preferably Conway in mehmetis position. 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst it is frustrating to concede so late on, at the start of the day I am sure that a lot of us would have taken a point. It's not an easy place to go to and we are unbeaten against them this season. We have also seen Conway and Wells on the pitch together for the first time in a while and hopefully that has shown LM what they can do together. Onto Leeds...

Point about right, can’t argue with that too much. Just a shame to have such a poor error cost us, especially going into such a tough run. 

A bit of quality, relentless hard work and endeavour cancelled out by a really poor error by someone who many fans would replace with better quality if we were allowed the funds to. Probably sums up where we are as a club at the minute.  

Glad to see LM ‘take the hand break off’ as it were second half. We were really exciting to watch that last 15/20 or so. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

Ordinarily a point away is good but if we have any remote chance of the play off we should be winning games like that especially having taken the lead so late in the game. Feels like two points dropped to me. 

Some good performances though amongst all that but Max, dear oh dear. 

Overall decent game, enjoyable.

Performance definitely, thought their goals were easier to score than ours by which I mean we had to work harder.

Got the least thst we deserved, probably merited all 3 but a solid performance. Nice to see Wells score and that Cornick chance at the end really thought it was in..Cornick did play off the bench too.

We really needed to win but a point is decent, especially given a positive performance.

1 minute ago, RedReg said:

It's his job

By definition you could equally be having a constant dig at Conway for not taking his chances, after all that’s his job…

When a keeper ***** up invariably you are in trouble, but we defended that poorly, Simms is an absolute donkey and he should never been allowed to get anywhere near that deflection.

• Like 1

Sorry but O’Leary is too accident prone.  We have needed a goalie for more than a season now. Good goal from Wells but still think he is finished at this level.  So back to start of transfer window when many of us wanted a play maker, which we now have in Twine, altho on loan and injured, another goalie, and a striker.

Still missing two signings in my opinion

• Facepalm 1

I really enjoyed watching that. Thought our performance was very good, despite giving away two soft goals.

Considering Coventry’s form and them being at home, that is a very good point in my opinion.

When we analyse the match, we can learn much about taking a quick throw in. We allowed them to do just that and 10 seconds later they equalised!  I know I bang on about it lots of times but please, please, please, can we get better at taking throw ins, as illustrated this evening, they are a critical part of the game.

Anyway, let’s finish on a positive… a good overall performance and an excellent point, well play Bristol City and the traveling fans.

• Like 5
  • Admin
5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Great seeing us go for the win, seems to be surprising the Coventry commentary team

Wish I'd managed to watch on a Cov stream. I'm fed up with hearing from Robins TV that we are basically prime Real Madrid (with our only handicap being competition winner Mehmeti) whilst Manning is the next Pep.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Absolute shambles cov were having a mare aswell they looked very below par for them we are cursed we just can't win games

Nothing to do with us playing well and making them look below par, like we did with West Ham and Forest?