IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

4 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

Hello!!

As usual I’ll be sitting on my hands somewhere amongst you!!!

Usually I’m fairly confident of a win, but we’ve ended the window in a weaker place than we started and our fullback issues are all for everyone to see.

Still playing 17 year old Gray at RB (although we just signed Roberts on loan last night so may not be going forward), Gray not a RB and had some issues against you targeting him earlier in the season.

LB…well, Firpo has never fancied playing in England. An absolutely shite defender and an okay attacker seems injured for half a season each year, awful signing by Orta. Byram however excellent at this level is also made of paper and hasn’t played more than 20 league games for what is probably a decade, in our wisdom we didn’t feel LB is an issue…!!! Except the fans have been screaming it’s an issue for years.

Due to Gray being at RB we play two DMs in midfield that completely narrows down our attacking threat to 4 players who I think with some clever doubling up in places can be held off.

In addition, if we do end up going 1-0 up…don’t despair, we then turn into this arrogant lack of intensity bunch of posers that don’t want to finish a game off.

I’m not confident about tonight at all and I think you will get the 3 points or at the very least score a late equaliser.

There’s an away end you know. 

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

There’s an away end you know. 

Cool, full of away season holders, give us 10,000 allocation and I’ll just about qualify for an away ticket.

Those people on this forum for a while know I’ve sat amongst you for years, I do it at a few away grounds, I don’t see the problem, if you can’t fill it yourself then as long as I’m respectful I’m putting money into your club with no hassle 👍

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Cool, full of away season holders, give us 10,000 allocation and I’ll just about qualify for an away ticket.

Those people on this forum for a while know I’ve sat amongst you for years, I do it at a few away grounds, I don’t see the problem, if you can’t fill it yourself then as long as I’m respectful I’m putting money into your club with no hassle 👍

Make sure your white socks and Billy Bremner tassels aren’t on show though!

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Friday night, winter, live on sky, Any genuine loyal Leeds fan should have been able to get a ticket. If you’re having to sit in home ends all the time, that doesn’t say much about your loyalty to the club.  You feel the need to come on here and tell us you’re sat in our end; not to be respectful and open dialogue about the game but to try and boast about how massive you are. I can see right through it. I hope you have a throughly miserable evening. COYR!!!!

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Confused 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 7
56 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Friday night, winter, live on sky, Any genuine loyal Leeds fan should have been able to get a ticket. If you’re having to sit in home ends all the time, that doesn’t say much about your loyalty to the club.  You feel the need to come on here and tell us you’re sat in our end; not to be respectful and open dialogue about the game but to try and boast about how massive you are. I can see right through it. I hope you have a throughly miserable evening. COYR!!!!

Wow I interpreted his post in the opposite way. 

• Like 19
1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Flippin' eck. Give the guy a break. Do you know hard it is to get an away ticket for Leeds fans? I regularly bump into a bloke on my work commute who lives and works in Bristol but is a Leeds home and away season ticket holder. The latter are really hard to get. 

Anyway, hope we stuff them tonight!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Let’s do some simple maths.

Leeds have not sold away season tickets for the last 3 years, fully sold out, you can’t get an away season ticket without a home season ticket.

There is a 20,000 waiting list for a home season ticket, away ticket sales usually go in the order of

There are 3,000 away season tickets. Any allocation over 3,000 then goes in a ballot to home season ticket holders (that don’t have an away ST, or members)

I’m down to about 2,000 on the Home Season ticket waiting list and also a member, the ONLY chance I have of sitting in an away end is places like Blackburn where they usually give us 7,000 allocation, other than those allocations you will always find Leeds fans amongst the home fans generally causing no trouble at all.

By the way, being a member at Leeds doesn’t even guarantee me a home ticket, there’s 30,000 members fighting it out over 10,000 tickets. So to even get a home ticket is pot luck.

I hope this goes some way to alleviating your question about my effing loyalty, you try watching the club you love whilst not celebrating goals and politely applauding when the opposition score!

You’ve read the situation completely wrong, anyway have a good night 👍

Edited by SPAZZA
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 1

You've had a shocker.

14 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Leeds have not sold away season tickets for the last 3 years, fully sold out, you can’t get an away season ticket without a home season ticket.

There is a 20,000 waiting list for a home season ticket, away ticket sales usually go in the order of

There are 3,000 away season tickets. Any allocation over 3,000 then goes in a ballot to home season ticket holders (that don’t have an away ST, or members)

I’m down to about 2,000 on the Home Season ticket waiting list and also a member, the ONLY chance I have of sitting in an away end is places like Blackburn where they usually give us 7,000 allocation, other than those allocations you will always find Leeds fans amongst the home fans generally causing no trouble at all.

By the way, being a member at Leeds doesn’t even guarantee me a home ticket, there’s 30,000 members fighting it out over 10,000 tickets. So to even get a home ticket is pot luck.

I hope this goes some way to alleviating your question about my effing loyalty, you try watching the club you love whilst not celebrating goals and politely applauding when the opposition score!

Im no expert on the area surrounding elland road, but why arent the club increasing capacity to fit more people in? A year or 2 in the prem should allow at least some improvements, and leeds are always throwing money around for new players? The stadium hasnt been worked on for years has it?

17 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Ignore @Wanderingred , you’re a good poster and frequently post sensibly and in my opinion opposition fans like yourself add to the forum content.

Living in West Yorkshire , unfortunately know a fair few Leeds fans, but on a serious note your comments about how hard it is to get your hands on away tickets (even in some instances home tickets ) is absolutely right. Enjoy the game but hopefully not the result 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im no expert on the area surrounding elland road, but why arent the club increasing capacity to fit more people in? A year or 2 in the prem should allow at least some improvements, and leeds are always throwing money around for new players? The stadium hasnt been worked on for years has it?

The previous regime with Orta spending the money pissed it up the wall, there was a plan to increase and rebuild and the new owners also have a plan, unfortunately we aren’t there yet and Elland Road (all of us say it) is an absolute dump, imo 3 stands need ripping down and starting again, visiting your shiny new bits when they first opened made me jealous, also when the wife made me go into AG on the bloody gromit hunt!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
4 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

The previous regime with Orta spending the money pissed it up the wall, there was a plan to increase and rebuild and the new owners also have a plan, unfortunately we aren’t there yet and Elland Road (all of us say it) is an absolute dump, imo 3 stands need ripping down and starting again, visiting your shiny new bits when they first opened made me jealous, also when the wife made me go into AG on the bloody gromit hunt!

My thoughts are with you re the gromit hunt!

Interesting, i quite like a stadium build,,, for rival clubs too, ive been watching the liverpool and everton builds, and watching ours happen was great and very interesting,, will keep an eye out for updates of elland road over the coming yeas, its a big city, spent a few days there a few years ago, and i didn’t know there was such a waiting list.

One of the absolute worst posts I’ve ever read on here. A complete embarrassment of utter nonsense from start to finish.

Enjoy the game @SPAZZA - you deserve to win after putting up with that!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
39 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

What you on about Spazza, everyone knows “genuine loyalty” is the only criteria needed for an away ticket!

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

IMG_1059.gif

34 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One of the absolute worst posts I’ve ever read on here. A complete embarrassment of utter nonsense from start to finish.

Enjoy the game @SPAZZA - you deserve to win after putting up with that!

Steady...he can deserve a pint of cider we chip in for to drown his sorrows after they lose...as a decent poster.

Not buying his ‘we are rubbish and will most likely lose’ line however. 😀

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

“Our head-to-head record is shocking: 

Won: 8

Lost: 26

Drawn: 9”

I knew our record was bad…. But that’s gotta change! That is pants.

That is utterly pathetic.

Hoping for different tonight; but we have a habit of saving our worst performances of the season for ******* Leeds !

2 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Flippin' eck. Give the guy a break. Do you know hard it is to get an away ticket for Leeds fans? I regularly bump into a bloke on my work commute who lives and works in Bristol but is a Leeds home and away season ticket holder. The latter are really hard to get. 

Anyway, hope we stuff them tonight!

It’s not that hard . My mates from Wiltshire are Leeds fans who have only been to one away game all season and one home but they got 10 tickets in the away end tonight .