IGNORED

Max Bird Signed (& loaned back to Derby) - CONFIRMED

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Just watching Derby v Carlisle and Max has just launched a screamer into the net for what is likely to be his last game for Derby 

Look forward to seeing him in our team next season 

Great strike. Going out with a bang. 

28 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Bet he regrets coming here next season

24 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Watch Derby overtake us next season 

26 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I was thinking the same. 

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow the deal get cancelled. 

I’m sure he’s gutted to be living in a nicer place, playing at a more settled club at the level, and earning a fair bit more money each month!

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I was thinking the same. 

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow the deal get cancelled. 

I was actually thinking that as I watched him score...understand Derby wanting to cash in if he's not keen to commit but what's the rush to sign for us ..keep your options open until the summer ..not as if we're Real Madrid or something...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Bet he regrets coming here next season

This post sums up some of our supporters especially recently.

How you can turn an absolute screamer for a highly rated player we've signed for next season already into a negative baffles me!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

19 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

Cheers Dave. Still , I bet he regrets leaving a bigger club with more potential to go further than we ever will 

What's your basis for that though?

The last 3 seasons they've finished 21st, 23rd and then 2nd in league one. Nothing from that screams potential to go up from the championship does it?

In fact, they have spent 2 of the last 16 seasons a league above us. Hardly sounds like a side with potential to go straight up again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I'm sure he’s gutted to be living in a nicer place, playing at a more settled club at the level, and earning a fair bit more money each month!

And back playing with his academy mate.

Also, and this isn't directed at you, he's our player right? We signed him, and loaned him back. There's nothing to "cancel". 

• Like 5

The whole point is that he wasn't going to sign a new deal and Derby were looking to cash in as much as possible for a player who had a rapidly dwindling transfer value as his contract ran down. We did a smart bit of business in loaning him back. He helps them win promotion, he gets his move and an improved contract & everyone wins.

Just like Jason Knight, his gravitas has improved,  making the move he is no longer regarded as a bright academy prospect, he is an important and valued player in his own right.

• Like 6

Just now, Swede said:

The whole point is that he wasn't going to sign a new deal and Derby were looking to cash in as much as possible for a player who had a rapidly dwindling transfer value as his contract ran down. We did a smart bit of business in loaning him back. He helps them win promotion, he gets his move and an improved contract & everyone wins.

Just like Jason Knight, his gravitas has improved,  making the move he is no longer regarded as a bright academy prospect, he is an important and valued player in his own right.

He’ll have enjoyed his new increased salary since having signed for us in January. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

This post sums up some of our supporters especially recently.

How you can turn an absolute screamer for a highly rated player we've signed for next season already into a negative baffles me!

Just stating I bet he regrets leaving a bigger club for a club who thinks it's big

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Fair points, glad he's on board whatever the reasons ..

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And back playing with his academy mate.

Also, and this isn't directed at you, he's our player right? We signed him, and loaned him back. There's nothing to "cancel". 

Yes he’s a Bristol City player that was signed for over £1m who has been loaned to Derby. He can’t just cancel his contract with City. 

• Like 1