IGNORED

Atkinson and Sykes

Port Said Red

On 10/02/2024 at 14:08, James54De said:

Did he? He was seen in multiple training videos when Twine joined. 

Also worth pointing out that in terms of running was the fittest player in pre season in terms of the tests they have to do. That will hopefully be in his favour for his recovery.

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Surely something wrong with that HPC, the place has been nothing but a disaster with injuries. 

The clue is in the name...fail land 😅

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One of the downsides to using Hamstring to replace ACL.  Although I think Big Rob might’ve had issues historically???

Obviously I don't know the details behind this latest one, but the hamstring he did in November wasn't the leg they took the ligament from to replace the ACL. You are right that he has had problems with them throughout his career though. 

• Like 5

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Surely something wrong with that HPC, the place has been nothing but a disaster with injuries. 

I'm sure that someone would know, but I wonder how many muscle injuries have happened at either AG8 of the HPC?

Am I correct in saying that the two pitches are made of the same fibres etc to mirror each other?

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Christ.

How long is a typical hamstring injury?? It has been almost a year recurring.

Depends on how severe it is. Weeks or months. However, even if it is a strain I think due to the amount of injuries he's had I'd be surprised he makes any first team minutes this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Depends on how severe it is. Weeks or months. However, even if it is a strain I think due to the amount of injuries he's had I'd be surprised he makes any first team minutes this season.

Thanks.

Reinforces my view that we were definitely one light in the summer. You need 4 orthodox CBs and with Baker, Klose, Kalas out Dickie in let alone the Atkinson rolling injuries..

• Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I'm sure it's the same grass as the gate. Far more seems to go wrong at the HPC though. Might need changing the turf up there. 

6 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'm sure it's the same grass as the gate. Far more seems to go wrong at the HPC though. Might need changing the turf up there. 

Hardly surprising much more happens up at the HPC seeing the hours they are on the grass there compared to the comparative few spent at AG

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, bcdc said:

Hardly surprising much more happens up at the HPC seeing the hours they are on the grass there compared to the comparative few spent at AG

Which is why it was so embarrassing for JL/Tinns to stick their head above the parapet and blame the prev medical staff for injuries, when 95% were in-game. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Which is why it was so embarrassing for JL/Tinns to stick their head above the parapet and blame the prev medical staff for injuries, when 95% were in-game. 

Unless of course they have more information than you do?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

…was naive at best, and that’s being kind.

Shit happens in football.

+++++

Someone will confirm, I’m sure….but I believe he show pitch at the HPC is the same as the AG pitch.  And from what I’m led to believe, they are built on very hard foundations, to ensure they are robust for multi-sport over a long shelf life.

The cost of a pitch like this is more efficient than having to replace every summer over a comparable number of years.

(add in replacing the pitch every summer might affect being able to have concerns??? Debate / Discuss)

But I do think these pitches are a contributory factor.  Does reducing the cost of pitch maintenance each year give the best outcome to losing a star player over a period of weeks?

Its an interesting discussion!

Pitches like Blackburn the top comes away, but I wonder what their injury record is?

+++++

And yes I know Big Rob did his ACL away at Sunderland. 

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Unless of course they have more information than you do?

Course they do. But my point was a pretty public fact, really…

Players being ‘rushed’ & whether that’s true or not, is another point altogether. Everyone will have a view point on that.  

• Like 1

Have we opted for a pitch at Ashton Gate that doesn't need renewing every summer because we want to maximise concert revenues during those months?

If this extremely firm surface - replicated as it is at the training ground - is contributing towards our endless injuries, have we prioritised non-matchday revenue streams above player fitness?

Cart before horse, if so.

Although how our injury list compares to other clubs would be good to know.

There must be data for it somewhere, there's data for everything these days - let's call it xi, expected injuries. What's our xi compared to others?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Have we opted for a pitch at Ashton Gate that doesn't need renewing every summer because we want to maximise concert revenues during those months?

If this extremely firm surface - replicated as it is at the training ground - is contributing towards our endless injuries, have we prioritised non-matchday revenue streams above player fitness?

There must be data for it somewhere, there's data for everything these days - let's call it xi, expected injuries. What's our xi compared to others?

Our xi is 11 👀

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

+++++

Someone will confirm, I’m sure….but I believe he show pitch at the HPC is the same as the AG pitch.  And from what I’m led to believe, they are built on very hard foundations, to ensure they are robust for multi-sport over a long shelf life.

The cost of a pitch like this is more efficient than having to replace every summer over a comparable number of years.

(add in replacing the pitch every summer might affect being able to have concerns??? Debate / Discuss)

But I do think these pitches are a contributory factor.  Does reducing the cost of pitch maintenance each year give the best outcome to losing a star player over a period of weeks?

Pitches like Blackburn the top comes away, but I wonder what their injury record is?

+++++

So the HPC and Ashton gate pitches are Desso Hybrid pitches, the synthetic fibres are plugged into the soil which helps promote root growth and strengthen the root beds. They’re prepared in the same way a full grass pitch is and is used in most of the major pitches in the world. AG, St James Park, Nou Camp, Old Trafford, San Siro, PSG, Twickenham and Wembley to name a few. Every year the organic grass is removed and relayed but the fibres will last 6-8 years.

Edited by CityReds

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth in reality

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CityReds said:

So the HPC and Ashton gate pitches are Desso Hybrid pitches, the synthetic fibres are plugged into the soil which helps promote root growth and strengthen the root beds. They’re prepared in the same way a full grass pitch is and is used in most of the major pitches in the world. AG, St James Park, Nou Camp, Old Trafford, San Siro, PSG, Twickenham and Wembley to name a few. Every year the organic grass is removed and relayed but the fibres will last 6-8 years.

I thought we moved away from the Desso in the summer?

Or did we replace the old Desso (end of life) with another new Desso?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/ashton-gate-pitch-renovation-progress/

I was right we are now using another pitch type!

1 minute ago, CityReds said:

It was completely renewed in the summer. I don’t think it’s desso anymore . It’s a different company I think. 
gutting for big rob & us obviously but it’s not unusual for players coming back from a ACL to have other injured. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

+++++

+++++

Saw some odd stat that Deepdale is awful for player injuries too.  IIRC Pearson was pretty pissed off at the state of it when we played their last season, and said it was a large contributor to Naismith’s injury because it was so soft. 

I have heard anecdotally, that players do really feel aches/pains a lot more after playing on heavier pitches as the modern day studs/blades don’t sink in as well as they used to, as they’re focused more on being lightweight on feet to help with speed etc.   

• Thanks 1