IGNORED

Southampton at home match thread

55 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Aye. Dickie was shattered at the end.

We could really do with Naismith getting fit and staying in one piece for a bit, if only to give Dickie a well earned rest.

Vyner is just a supreme athlete.

Vyner MOTM for me tonight, blocks, tackles and when they did get in behind Dickie with their pace he swept up and dealt with the danger.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, redkev said:

If Anis had of done the same on numerous occasions we could of been out of sight , some terrible decision making by him , the only slight flaw on an excellent performance from the whole side 

I'm not impressed with him either but credit where credit is due....Nice little one touch play and a decent ball to Bell to open the scoring. 

He frustrates me....just wish he could improve his final pass / ball.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Aye. Dickie was shattered at the end.

We could really do with Naismith getting fit and staying in one piece for a bit, if only to give Dickie a well earned rest.

Vyner is just a supreme athlete.

I don’t think there’s many CB’s in the league with the athleticism of Vyner, the amount of recovery tackles he’s made over the last year or so have been incredible. A lot of them he shouldn’t have even made either but somehow did, I love the bloke 😂

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

I'm not impressed with him either but credit where credit is due....Nice little one touch play and a decent ball to Bell to open the scoring. 

He frustrates me....just wish he could improve his final pass / ball.

Hard to disagree, frustrating doesn't even cover it.

Thought tonight’s second half performance was the best of the season against a decent team , especially considering the amount if football played recently.. The contributions of the squad players was very important , with Hadyn Roberts excellent  in defence and Harry Cornick building on a very good first half display at Borough with a top finish tonight. I really hope they can take the confidence into the QPR game, which will be a very difference challenge . Credit to all concerned tonight . 

5 hours ago, Offside said:

City were superb tonight. Best performance over 90 mins for a long time. Southampton’s players looked destroyed in the second half. COYR

Exactly what I thought about the Southampton players they looked totally out of ideas , at half time I thought we would struggle with the same quality of performance that we showed 1st half but we were actually better 2nd half with some better choices with the final boy ( mainly Anis ) we honestly could have had 6 

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to a fantastic result.  Great effort by the team and nice to see Bell on the scoresheet.  Have a few winnable games coming up so lets keep the momentum going.  Only downside is seeing we conceded yet again at the death which is becoming a regular occurrence. Just as well we were 3 up.

Anyway, great result so upwards & onwards.

47 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Woke up this morning to a fantastic result.  Great effort by the team and nice to see Bell on the scoresheet.  Have a few winnable games coming up so lets keep the momentum going.  Only downside is seeing we conceded yet again at the death which is becoming a regular occurrence. Just as well we were 3 up.

Anyway, great result so upwards & onwards.

Rather concede at the death when at least two goals up than immediately after half time...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

Was pring injured? Big shout out to Haydon Roberts i thought he played really well!

From yesterday;

The left-back was at the High Performance Centre on Sunday to be looked over by interim head of medical Andrew Proctor and while there doesn’t seem to be any undue concern over the potential seriousness of the problem, it does make him a doubt for tomorrow night.

“Little knock on the back of his knee, it doesn’t seem to be anything major,” Manning added. “He was in yesterday and saw Procs, who wasn’t overly concerned, but we’ll follow up again today.”

Wish I'd seen this yesterday. Chatting to the guy that sits behind us who overheard a conversation ( how's that for tenuous & conspiratorial ). Someone saying Prings injury was season ending. 
Not sure how these rumours start TBH.

53 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

From yesterday;

The left-back was at the High Performance Centre on Sunday to be looked over by interim head of medical Andrew Proctor and while there doesn’t seem to be any undue concern over the potential seriousness of the problem, it does make him a doubt for tomorrow night.

“Little knock on the back of his knee, it doesn’t seem to be anything major,” Manning added. “He was in yesterday and saw Procs, who wasn’t overly concerned, but we’ll follow up again today.”

Wish I'd seen this yesterday. Chatting to the guy that sits behind us who overheard a conversation ( how's that for tenuous & conspiratorial ). Someone saying Prings injury was season ending. 
Not sure how these rumours start TBH.

People put them on a forum? 🤷‍♂️

Saw on their forum that Southampton have now lost their last 4 league visits to Ashton Gate going back to 2007. By my reckoning the last time they didn’t lose a league game at the Gate was 1979 in Division 1. So should never have doubted last night’s result. Also a sad reflection on where we have been compared to them that we have only played them 4 times at home in the league in 45 years…

• Like 1