IGNORED

Southampton at home match thread

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Look at these stats. Possession based football for the team who are losing.

IMG_8417.jpeg

That’s perfect Major.

Shows how ******* about with the ball with your CBs counts for ****-all.

Imagine thinking you are the best head-coach in the world, yet can’t work out how to defend 31% possession!

Love it!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, paignton red said:

Just been reading their forum

"We were dreadful..what's worse is that Bristol City didn't really look that great"

Nothing about we sussed them out and nullified them. Arrogant tossers.

I may be wrong but I would like to think we were more complimentary when we got totally outplayed by Leeds. One of the most one sided 0-1s you are likely to see.

This is one down side of a long successful run, it does lead to a skewed view of things. We see it on here after a short successful run!!

• Like 2

This game shows how much stronger Leeds are right now. As does pretty much every Leeds game. 

Very early on we looked comfortable with Southampton having the ball. They were doing neat triangles with their keeper outside the area. Fine by me. They never really got beyond that. 

This game shows how much stronger Leeds are right now. As does pretty much every Leeds game. 

Very early on we looked comfortable with Southampton having the ball. They were doing neat triangles with their keeper outside the area. Fine by me. They never really got beyond that. 

16 minutes ago, pj76 said:

Nor did that comment. 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, pj76 said:

Think we saw two different styles.

One fast, physical, powerful - with skilled players

The other, measured, probing, a tad lightweight - with skilled players

if you asked me who I thought we might get a result against pre-match, it was Southampton.  We’ve shown in recent weeks we are organised enough to nullify West Ham, Forest and now Southampton.

But Leeds are exactly the team style we struggle against no matter the skill of the opponent.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think we saw two different styles.

One fast, physical, powerful - with skilled players

The other, measured, probing, a tad lightweight - with skilled players

if you asked me who I thought we might get a result against pre-match, it was Southampton.  We’ve shown in recent weeks we are organised enough to nullify West Ham, Forest and now Southampton.

But Leeds are exactly the team style we struggle against no matter the skill of the opponent.

In simpler terms, Leeds (at least the Leeds I watched) make a lot better use of the players at their disposal, especially the forwards. 

Southampton have similar players in Brooks, Sulemana and Edozie but didnt utilise them anywhere near as efficiently. 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 1

One other thing on reflection:

is fatique a mental thing?

and I don’t mean mental fatigue.

Not a sausage on players being fatigued last night, they running hard to the end, subs made at timely points admittedly.  But did Saturday’s win give us more energy “in our heads”?  Southampton looked leggy, not us.

I’ve said quite a few times of late, I think Manning rotates better than Nige (damn I mentioned him!), but for all the talk of schedule and fatigue it wasn’t evident last night?

Of course you watch us blow out of our arses on Saturday! 😉

19 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Look at these stats. Possession based football for the team who are losing.

IMG_8417.jpeg

Team whose losing will naturally have more of the ball unless they’re playing someone like Man City who can cope with the pressure on the ball a team whose losing will put on it 

11 hours ago, paignton red said:

Just been reading their forum

"We were dreadful..what's worse is that Bristol "we should be beating these" City didn't really look that great"

Nothing about we sussed them out and nullified them. Arrogant tossers.

You didn't use our full name in your post PR. :)