IGNORED

Southampton at home match thread

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_9816.jpeg

Some names in there that it's good to see again. Naismith and Atkinson but also Acey (was injured for a while I think) and Leeson after recall.

No Sykes presumably means he's either involved tonight or isn't quite ready for anything yet. Think Manning said he was "very close" in the press conference so I guess there's a chance he's on the bench tonight?

Am I stupid thinking Twine as a loanee normally wouldn't play U21s much if at all?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, about ONE game ,wasn't it ?

Not even that, I think!

He was quite injury prone. He played only 90 odd games in 6 years at Burnley. And as far as I can find out, he picked up an injury that forced his retirement before he’d played a game for us. 

Seems like our injury curse was ever thus! 

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Feels like with Sky, the weird 'international coverage', and the cup games, I've barely been able to watch City on Robins TV recently.

You'd think they'd find a way to give Robins TV subscribers automatic access when games are covered on Sky - simply removing the game from Robins TV seems harsh for those that have paid for the service. It's the equivalent of revoking a season ticket holder's ticket for games that are on Sky.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to find other ways to access live streams of the games, but I'm sure there are others who aren't. 

This is one of the reasons why I only subscribe to the audio and not the tv.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

That was the only one that came to my mind initially, seen that they were unbeaten in the league but had lost a couple in the cups. If it was based on how impressive the win was at the time I guess that would be top of the list.

Judging by how much of the ball Southampton have had in their recent games I would be more hopeful of quality of the tech than the action. 😅

I do believe that we only had 30% possession on Saturday yet won. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, redkev said:

Same amount as me roughly but I would honestly say apart from the cotterill era , bit of Gary Johnson and some Danny wilson this is probably the highest standard consistently we have played at , if you remember we have had some pretty dark days , it’s not great at the moment but I do see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel , 7-1 away to Northampton , 6-1 at home to wolves 5-0 away to Blackpool losing 1-0 at home to palace who were on a 19 game without a win run being totally dominated for a period by the gas oh and yes the cherry on the cake the pulis era , so perhaps things at all bad at the moment .

Yes your right  highest  standard  consistently  definitely  just don't feel the same ,probably  getting old but some of my best memories/ moments  were 80s 90s when things  we against  us ,the atmosphere, banter, away days ( what's a designated  pub :laugh:).We got great  set up now agreed  but those old days were special. City through & through  will always  go just sometimes  the 90mins bit in the middle  of my Saturday is  a let down .

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Not even that, I think!

He was quite injury prone. He played only 90 odd games in 6 years at Burnley. And as far as I can find out, he picked up an injury that forced his retirement before he’d played a game for us. 

Seems like our injury curse was ever thus! 

I definitely saw him play for us, must have been a pre season friendly................I can remember him being subbed off injured !

9 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I know basically nothing about football as will be clear from most of my posts but is 20m a lot? It sounds like basically nothing to me!

Edit: haven't listened to the interview yet so if I've missed some context apologies

From memory, I think LM was using it as an example of how something they haven't had much time to work on was squeezed into the hectic schedule and bore fruit.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hoping Sykes is fit to be on the bench.

Also hope we go with a back 4, not a 3 which becomes a 5 as we surrender midfield and invite the opposition on to us.

Inviting the opposition to us might have worked with Boro’ not sure about Southampton. 

• Like 1