IGNORED

Southampton at home match thread

13 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Exactly Cornick at the heart of everything we did well in Sat, but overlooked for a headless chicken with all the defensive capability of blancmange, especially with Pring out. That’s not meant to spite Roberts but he’ll need support tonight, and he won’t get that from Mehmeti.

Poor.

It doesn’t mean he’s bring “overlooked”. I would guess he’ll feature at some stage and play his part. And I’d be surprised if Mehmeti played 90 mins

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

You mean Cornick who went off with a knock at half time?

So he's likely not fit for a full 90.

And especially with us having had a lot of fixtures probably would have needed a rest regardless of picking up a knock.

LM said it was not an injury but a reflection of the minutes he had played 1st half Boro and in the cup game. So he is fit. 

17 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Exactly Cornick at the heart of everything we did well in Sat, but overlooked for a headless chicken with all the defensive capability of blancmange, especially with Pring out. That’s not meant to spite Roberts but he’ll need support tonight, and he won’t get that from Mehmeti.

Poor.

With Roberts short of matches and Anis's nieve defending (although to be fair he does work to instruction), that left hand side might get exploited.

But looking on the bright side, they're a threat everywhere, so we might not be able to tell.

I really hope we don't hand the ball straight back to them when we have it.

Hoping, more than expecting, a result tonight.

COYR

19 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

You mean Cornick who went off with a knock at half time?

So he's likely not fit for a full 90.

And especially with us having had a lot of fixtures probably would have needed a rest regardless of picking up a knock.

Fair enough but he’s in the bench.  imagine paying as he did on Saturday but still not starting tonight. He always seems to come on when we’re already chasing games. 

There were a lot of other players who played much longer than he did previously. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

The point is then, don’t moan about something when you don’t have all the facts 

Correct, premature reaction on my part, although my thoughts on Mehmeti still stand. Not sure he offers much to be honest.

Pring usually had to do a huge amount of work as he does not get large amount of support from him, worried about of left side tonight.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Correct, premature reaction on my part, although my thoughts on Mehmeti still stand. Not sure he offers much to be honest.

Pring usually had to do a huge amount of work as he does not get large amount of support from him, worried about of left side tonight.

Me too. And they are strong down their right as well.  Big game for Roberts 

• Like 2