IGNORED

The pitch

Nuno Gomes

48 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Reading the Southampton thread several poster mention the condition of the pitch.  Smacks of looking for an excuse but does a hybrid pitch make that much difference to how the ball behaves?

One of their posters on the Saints forum described the pitch as a ‘cabbage patch’…………...:rofl2br:

Should have called it a vineyard - sounds like sour grapes to me.

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Reading the Southampton thread several poster mention the condition of the pitch.  Smacks of looking for an excuse but does a hybrid pitch make that much difference to how the ball behaves?

I must admit I didn’t think it looked quite as good as normal last night.

Maybe it was just the amount of rain that’s fallen or I wonder if we left the grass a little bit longer than normal to cause Southampton more difficulty with their style of play.

54 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

If they’re blaming the pitch then they’re as deluded as the guy on talk sport, Ashton Gate’s pitch is fine and better then a lot in the championship 

Just tried to look them up, sounds like our pitches are similar just different companies . 
They just can't get over not beating all these Championship sides they come up against, should be smashing the midtable teams. Absolutely deluded , entitled and arrogant , we deserve to be in the Prem whiners . I hope Leeds and Leicester get top 2 and Southampton miss out all together. Be good if they stayed long enough to lose the PP too, then they'd realise they are in the Championship.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

I thought the pace of the pitch was perfect for when we were playing fast one touch passes. 

Hit hard and fast, but it slowed nicely for the players to pass without having to take a touch to control. 

It was noticeable. 

Certainly helped the pass down the line from TGH to Ross M on the 3rd goal.

1 hour ago, Big C said:

I watched the sky replay today and they kept saying a lot of players were slipping on it

I was only thinking that last night and it's not the first time it's been mentioned personally think its over watered not sure why they use the sprinklers when its been raining I didn't make it last night but I presume it was watered before the game? 

Edited by Street red

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just tried to look them up, sounds like our pitches are similar just different companies . 
They just can't get over not beating all these Championship sides they come up against, should be smashing the midtable teams. Absolutely deluded , entitled and arrogant , we deserve to be in the Prem whiners . I hope Leeds and Leicester get top 2 and Southampton miss out all together. Be good if they stayed long enough to lose the PP too, then they'd realise they are in the Championship.

This is the impression I got of them when I lived down in Hampshire.

• Like 1