IGNORED

1974 Heritage Kit

Red Army 75

7 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Spot on. We should feel ashamed of celebrating the 50th Anniversary of one of our greatest ever wins.

I understand you've chosen suitable atire (below) to wear at Ashton Gate this Saturday in the Directors Box.

image.png.95ba0a9ac52072e2085a029f9c746778.png

You should have seen what the other woman on this walk of shame was wearing.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

Really nice bloke in store he said online sales is always 25% of the stock and that is done away from Ashton gate so what was on the racks was the other 75% of the stock 

Doubt it. In the huge majority of decent sized companies online sales dwarf in-person. In reality the shop probably turns over a tiny fraction. 

9 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

If that’s true then it’s a disgusting way to treat supporters and if I’d made the effort to go down there specifically for that item I wouldn’t have been leaving without one.

Oh really? They have told you it was sold out, and you’d have gone home. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James54De said:

Doubt it. In the huge majority of decent sized companies online sales dwarf in-person. In reality the shop probably turns over a tiny fraction. 

Oh really? They have told you it was sold out, and you’d have gone home. 

The post stated that people saw them being taken off of sale while they were in the shop.

Would you accept being told they were out of stock if you’d just seen the staff remove them from sale ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KegCity said:

The reasoning behind it is tinpot but in fairness to the club, there’s been real demand for an official retro shirt to be released and they’ve finally done it. There’s clearly demand as it’s sold out immediately.

Hopefully they take the hint and actually release a range of retro shirts and have them for sale year round. It’s a no-brainer, fans clearly want them and it’s actually a good product instead of the usual shite that’s in the store.

My son as well as being a Bristol City fan also supports Man City. We've been up there a few times. In their store they have a whole section dedicated to retro TOFFS shirts. 

22 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

If that’s true then it’s a disgusting way to treat supporters and if I’d made the effort to go down there specifically for that item I wouldn’t have been leaving without one.

I drove down from Yate to get one for my son and there were none there - around 12. If they did take them off sale it’s really poor form as they would have known people were coming down especially as they knew it was limited stock (and there was no statement of a Saturday second drop yesterday so the inference was that we had the stock going on sale today and that’s it).

It might be about trying to create demand but it’s a pretty shitty way to do it if true.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I drove down from Yate to get one for my son and there were none there - around 12. If they did take them off sale it’s really poor form as they would have known people were coming down especially as they knew it was limited stock (and there was no statement of a Saturday second drop yesterday so the inference was that we had the stock going on sale today and that’s it).

It might be about trying to create demand but it’s a pretty shitty way to do it if true.

If it did happen then Saturdays drop are the ones taken off sale today I bet.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not quite sure what makes QPR (h) tie with Leeds, but hey-ho.

I do like the shirt though.

Until they get Mick Harford in a retro shiny Park Furnishers kit, I ain’t buying though!  You central badge haters are gonna meltdown! 🤣🤣🤣

What’s the betting they had this planned for the 5th round… except we didn’t make it 🤣

Getting rinsed online by other clubs fans,  not that I really care but fully get the point it is a little embarrassing.

It’s a very nice shirt though, but I refrained from purchasing. Before my time so don’t have the same affinity to it but would have been nice to have as a kit for the whole season.

21 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Why not,? Man Utd have worn blue.

Pretty sure City has actually borrowed Rovers kit, although 1909 was plain blue

Far bigger achievement  than 74 and happened 11 years before Rovers even became a league club.

It’s still celebrating defeat. That said, I’ve long said I’d be happy to see a blue away kit, even if just a one off. Them lot are irrelevant, would just wind them up 😂

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My son as well as being a Bristol City fan also supports Man City. We've been up there a few times. In their store they have a whole section dedicated to retro TOFFS shirts. 

Most clubs do. Birmingham City did a full range of retro shirts that were really good, had the original sponsors etc so it’s definitely possible. No longer on their website so I can’t share but studied with some Blues fans and the quality was great.

Considering how much the club (understandably) money-grab wherever possible I’m surprised it hasn’t already happened. It can’t be related to boosting home shirt sales as there’s never any stock anyway!

57 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Shambles. This is exactly why all the stock should have been online - they would have sold the lot quickly last night and no one would have wasted a journey. In addition to a click and collect service for those who want it.

As usual, we’re piss poor at the basics.

On 14/02/2024 at 19:51, James54De said:

How long until it appears on DH Gate? 

And there we go:

https://m.dhgate.com/product/20-21-flamengo-2020-sc-internacional-sao/572026912.html?invitationCode=d30c4ddfea31410c84c34d6b7e02dacf|-|572026912

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

The badge is a let down should be embroidered not a heat transfer one

Look embroidered here: IMG_7173.thumb.jpeg.c02dabba33f42ff454ea88c5e1c589f3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Shambles. This is exactly why all the stock should have been online - they would have sold the lot quickly last night and no one would have wasted a journey. In addition to a click and collect service for those who want it.

The reasons for them not being able to do this very simple thing:

1. The Shop stock (and availability) is different & separate to online stock (and availability).
  2. All online orders are processed and fulfilled at Huboo warehouse, not the shop.
  3. You are unable to buy anything from the shop over the phone and have it dispatched to you.
  4. You are unable to reserve over the phone, anything which is physically in the shop.
  5. Online orders cannot have personalisation (names/numbers) because online orders are processed at Huboo which has no printing facilities, and all stock can't be unwrapped during processing.
  6. Click and collect isn't processed in-store, it's processed at Huboo and sent to the club shop for collection which takes 48hrs+
  7. The shop staff have zero view of Huboo stock levels, and vice versa.

As you say, it's all a complete shambles.

As for the shirt. Great idea, and nice to see, but the story & narrative around it is just embarrassing. A QPR ST holder I work with saw the news and laughed at me about it. Leeds fans are ripping into it all over social media, and I had a Forest fan message me and say WTF.

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

You should have seen what the other woman on this walk of shame was wearing.

When they first disrobe her, then a  real walk of shame 

wos.jpg.f263f656fe65ea6228efa24018d4ce5c.jpg

I actually now quite like the shirt, but that Ronin ???

Edited by 1960maaan

34 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

As for the shirt. Great idea, and nice to see, but the story & narrative around it is just embarrassing. A QPR ST holder I work with saw the news and laughed at me about it. Leeds fans are ripping into it all over social media, and I had a Forest fan message me and say WTF.

I can only think those QPR, Leeds and Forest fans aren't old enough to have been taking an interest in football in 1974.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

My son wanted one as soon as he saw it,he didn’t manage to get one,shrugged his shoulders and said oh! Well,he’s already moved on.Personally it’s my favourite ever City kit,and I already have the shirt,a really thick cotton one purchased from Toffs years ago.

All this talk of 1974 reminded me that that was the year my Dad first took me to Ashton Gate. Just looked it up and it's only a few days until my anniversary..!! 26th Feb 1974 - beat Millwall 5-2 on a Tuesday afternoon.

50 bloody years..

I remember zero about it..!!

41 minutes ago, glynriley said:

All this talk of 1974 reminded me that that was the year my Dad first took me to Ashton Gate. Just looked it up and it's only a few days until my anniversary..!! 26th Feb 1974 - beat Millwall 5-2 on a Tuesday afternoon.

50 bloody years..

Pity you don't remember it, you could hardly have had a better match to have as your first game.

:chant6ez:'in the Millwall slums'. :chant6ez:

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I can only think those QPR, Leeds and Forest fans aren't old enough to have been taking an interest in football in 1974.

Exactly, it wasn’t about beating Leeds United Football Club, it was about beating Leeds United the team, probably man for man as good as anything the Premier league has ever seen.

Not a single one of our players would have got in that side, but as an eleven they beat a team that was pretty much invincible at the time.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

50 bloody years..

I knocked off from school, or intended to. Walked the couple of miles  home , looked everywhere for the money to get in and for the Bus. I was out of luck and had to go back. Well pissed off when I found out the score.