IGNORED

1974 Heritage Kit

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, The Coach said:

The shirts nice, don’t get me wrong.

But it’s another move making us look tinpot and embarrassing yet again.

Spot on. We should feel ashamed of celebrating the 50th Anniversary of one of our greatest ever wins.

I understand you've chosen suitable atire (below) to wear at Ashton Gate this Saturday in the Directors Box.

image.png.95ba0a9ac52072e2085a029f9c746778.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don’t really see how it’s any worse than having no stock online. Just make everything available via every sales channel and when it’s sold, it’s sold.

This also opens up the possibility of someone making a special trip and not finding their size - or even any stock at all - when they get there.

just offer click and collect… 

• Like 1

Re Tin pot , well , having been at the original home draw but not going to go to Leeds , it was one of the biggest wins in our history. Leeds were massive back then , bigger and more successful than the Liverpool side we beat . 
Cup Winners Cup runners up the year before , European Cup runners up the year after and after 3 2nds in the First Division they won the League in 74/75. The only games they had lost when we played them was Ipswich in the League Cup and a UEFA Cup game in Portugal . Played : 40 and lost 2 . 

Whether making a big deal of a 5th round replay is worthy , well , we all have our own ideas . TBH I do like seeing that team as it's the one I grew up with.  But like it or not the Liverpool , Man U and Leeds games are among the biggest in our History, sad as that may be .

On the shirt , it was one I had but mine felt wrong as it didn't have the crest on it. I fought the urge but succumbed this morning. I popped in the shop and although the rack were almost empty , they had some behind the counter.  
Now they are sold out , I really think they should do a second run or even just make them on a pre order basis. 
You can't argue that it was a successful idea though.

Screenshot2024-02-15at12_26_01.png.b9dab165b49eac2e239ed071561b8b78.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KegCity said:

The reasoning behind it is tinpot but in fairness to the club, there’s been real demand for an official retro shirt to be released and they’ve finally done it. There’s clearly demand as it’s sold out immediately.

Hopefully they take the hint and actually release a range of retro shirts and have them for sale year round. It’s a no-brainer, fans clearly want them and it’s actually a good product instead of the usual shite that’s in the store.

Agreed. Surely the solution is to simply produce the retro shirts, but drop the tinpot narrative that comes with it.

• Like 2

Isn't this whole thing just promotion for Jons creative design agency?

I like the look of the shirt and I'm looking forward to the boys playing in it on Saturday. I get that it was a significant event in defeating a great team of the time but I agree with others that it's tinpot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It's in the fourth sentence

"This sponsor-free exclusive shirt will be worn by the team at Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship home match against QPR, with the players wearing white shorts and red and white socks. 

The club extends its gratitude to O’Neills, Huboo, DNRG, Watches of Bath and GoSkippy for their support in removing their logos from this unique edition shirt. "

That's not how limited edition works though. Some things are just produced at a small number to increase their value and worth.

Yeah I know 👍...got told by Les further up the thread.

• Like 1

Nah it's not tinpot in the slightest, god I actually hate that word.

It's a shirt to celebrate a time in the past, just a retro shirt, and they've found a fantastic match to tie it in with.  It's not like it's being released just to celebrate that victory! 

And it's actually been quite nice because even though I've supported City since the mid 90's, I was not aware of that game!  So it's gave me a chance to catch up on a great moment from the past.  Not sure how the hell I've never heard of that result before mind you!

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

and they've found a fantastic match to tie it in with

I’m not quite sure what makes QPR (h) tie with Leeds, but hey-ho.

I do like the shirt though.

Until they get Mick Harford in a retro shiny Park Furnishers kit, I ain’t buying though!  You central badge haters are gonna meltdown! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its the closest date to the anniversary, on the 19th February.

4 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Ha! Thanks. We haven't got Apple TV so haven't watched that series but looked it up to understand what you mean. If she was ringing a bell at corner kicks that would be perfect.

She only sings when she's ringing. 

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Re Tin pot , well , having been at the original home draw but not going to go to Leeds , it was one of the biggest wins in our history. Leeds were massive back then , bigger and more successful than the Liverpool side we beat . 
Cup Winners Cup runners up the year before , European Cup runners up the year after and after 3 2nds in the First Division they won the League in 74/75. The only games they had lost when we played them was Ipswich in the League Cup and a UEFA Cup game in Portugal . Played : 40 and lost 2 . 

Whether making a big deal of a 5th round replay is worthy , well , we all have our own ideas . TBH I do like seeing that team as it's the one I grew up with.  But like it or not the Liverpool , Man U and Leeds games are among the biggest in our History, sad as that may be .

On the shirt , it was one I had but mine felt wrong as it didn't have the crest on it. I fought the urge but succumbed this morning. I popped in the shop and although the rack were almost empty , they had some behind the counter.  
Now they are sold out , I really think they should do a second run or even just make them on a pre order basis. 
You can't argue that it was a successful idea though.

Screenshot2024-02-15at12_26_01.png.b9dab165b49eac2e239ed071561b8b78.png

Trying to be Prime I knew it 😂

Drop 😂

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I do like the shirt though.

Until they get Mick Harford in a retro shiny Park Furnishers kit, I ain’t buying though!  You central badge haters are gonna meltdown! 🤣🤣🤣

There is a queue you know , the 1976 Umbro has surely got first dibs . 

20 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Why not,? Man Utd have worn blue.

Pretty sure City has actually borrowed Rovers kit, although 1909 was plain blue

Far bigger achievement  than 74 and happened 11 years before Rovers even became a league club.

I personally have no issue with it and agree it's a much greater achievement than beating Leeds in 74. But can just imagine the uproar from some of our fanbase to wearing blue. 

50 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

The bell and calling “shame” was from Game of Thrones, the same actress became the owner of AFC Richmond in Apple TV’s Ted Lasso, which is well worth watching!

Held off watching Ted Lasso for ages as I thought it would be shit.  Don’t know why I felt that way, but ended up watching it, really enjoying it, and got MrsF into it too.

Some brilliant characters.

re HW, I saw her in the West End in Spamalot.  Was working a couple of days a week in London at the time, was in a hotel nearby, at a loose end, so went.  She was good.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, t_b said:

Sold out in store. But available on Saturday. And comments on the Instagram story suggesting they were removed from sale whilst people were in the shop… 

Odd. 

IMG_9141.jpeg

If that’s true then it’s a disgusting way to treat supporters and if I’d made the effort to go down there specifically for that item I wouldn’t have been leaving without one.