IGNORED

1974 Heritage Kit

Red Army 75

On 15/02/2024 at 19:16, MarcusX said:

What’s the betting they had this planned for the 5th round… except we didn’t make it 🤣

Getting rinsed online by other clubs fans,  not that I really care but fully get the point it is a little embarrassing.

It’s a very nice shirt though, but I refrained from purchasing. Before my time so don’t have the same affinity to it but would have been nice to have as a kit for the whole season.

Don’t give a sh*t about other team’s supporters views. Massive bit of BCFC heritage and very special memories for my family. I was too young to go but was astonished to hear my Dad being interviewed by Radio Bristol at Temple Meads on returning. He’s no longer with us but I will be thinking of him this afternoon. UTC.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

I wonder if the Club thought to ask Joe Jordan along to be part of the meet ups with the former players of this game. 

He played in both games, lives in Bristol, and obviously played for and managed us. 

Shame Terry Cooper and Norman Hunter aren't both with us. Again...played in both games and for us and Terry being an absolute legend. 

It would have been nice to hear Joe's view of the game. 

Am I right in thinking this game was somehow ' televised' for the East end on the day, or am I mixing that up with another fixture?

Edited by spudski

3 hours ago, hollydog said:

Don’t give a sh*t about other team’s supporters views. Massive bit of BCFC heritage and very special memories for my family. I was too young to go but was astonished to hear my Dad being interviewed by Radio Bristol at Temple Meads on returning. He’s no longer with us but I will be thinking of him this afternoon. UTC.

I get it, and I have a similar affinity to the Liverpool purple shirt - was my first kit.

It’s still a bit of a joke of a thing to commemorate, but we don’t have much to celebrate. Promotion winning kits, or the fa cup final kit would be understandable.

Brought a tear to the eye to see AD out there.

Name the South Stand after him whilst he’s still with us, bless him.

Someone by me said at HT we should have brought Tom Ritchie on (ok, it actually was me).

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 6
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Someone by me said at HT we should have brought Tom Ritchie on (ok, it actually was me).

Me too. Great to see him, and so many from that side. Three things struck me.

1. I’m old enough to remember AD, that team, that match. A great many younger fans around me aren’t, and the events won’t mean so much to them, but without exception they were appreciative and stood and applauded. Really respectful of our heritage. QPR fans too. Great to see.

2. I’ve moaned like anything in the past about the PA in the Dolman ( @phantom ) but today I could hear everything. The club seem to have been as good as their word in trying to improve it.

3. A little alternative moan. Does no-one at the club realise that there was more than one song around in 1974? Much as I love the Wurzels and One for the Bristol City - that’s in moderation, not endlessly repeated! It just seemed like a great chance to play something different from the era. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Presumably he’ll have to get in line behind the “fitting tribute” we were promised for Terry Cooper (an equally important manager in our club’s history and shamefully ignored by the current hierarchy). 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I agree. ALAN DICKS STAND would be a fantastic tribute. Do it whilst Alan is still with us.

• Flames 1

Loved seeing the kit in the flesh, thought it looked great.

Of course there was no chance of buying one. I did go into the club shop and it was quite funny watching people’s reactions when they walked in, we’ve got less stock than Taunton Town now.

In fact if you took out the Bears stuff the amount left could have been taken around the ground to sell a bit like those looky looky men you see on the holiday beaches abroad.

On 17/02/2024 at 14:08, Tinmans Love Child said:

How many home kits have we worn in the last 2 seasons, that weird patchwork one, the Arsenal one, the pin stripe one and then this heritage one, any others? 😂

Anniversary shirt was 4 years ago. So last 2 seasons: 2 home shirts and 1 special celebration shirt. Lots of clubs will have a one off shirt every season. 

39 minutes ago, Henry said:

Who is in charge of retail? It just continues to baffle me.

What have they done wrong here? 50 goal keeper shirts? I can’t imagine that more than 50 adults goalkeeper shirts have been sold this season. 

6 minutes ago, littlered said:

Showing as sold out for both shirts within 8 mins!

This baffles me. 

Surely the purpose of pre ordering is, you take pre orders on the understanding its going to take 6-8 weeks. 

You then sell let's say 1000 shirts. All paid for. You then put that order in to o'neills who then produce the quantities that have been ordered and paid for. It's not rocket science. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This baffles me. 

Surely the purpose of pre ordering is, you take pre orders on the understanding its going to take 6-8 weeks. 

You then sell let's say 1000 shirts. All paid for. You then put that order in to o'neills who then produce the quantities that have been ordered and paid for. It's not rocket science. 

It looks like it was just a badly planned roll out, both links are now showing as having stock.