IGNORED

1974 Heritage Kit

Red Army 75

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think it has more to do with celebrating our former players. Rather than a game tbh. 

There's been an active role by various people to embrace our former players, something we neglected for years. 

It's a joy to see them at the ground now. 

Good for them and the fans. 

I can only see positives. 

Yeah it is great to see them at the ground.

I had a chat with Geoff Merrick, Tom Ritchie and Gerry Sweeney a week or two ago. All of them such lovely blokes.

Just to chat to anyone about memories from 40 odd years ago is great but to chat to people you idolised about memories they were creating for you was priceless.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

Seems we are wearing the shirt against QPR. 

I really hope it doesn't have our sponsor on it. 

Here's hoping 🤞...if it's got front and back sponsor, arm badges, name and number etc then apart from the badge and round neck, and obvious pinstripe it won't look much different to what we already have. 

I’d be surprised if not. I assume they all pay us quite a lot of money for playing with their names on our shirts. Unless we’re going to refund 5% of the money they pay us?

Don’t disagree with your view on the paraphernalia on shirts nowadays, but that’s what pays the bills! 

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’d be surprised if not. I assume they all pay us quite a lot of money for playing with their names on our shirts. Unless we’re going to refund 5% of the money they pay us?

Don’t disagree with your view on the paraphernalia on shirts nowadays, but that’s what pays the bills! 

Read the thread Dave 👍... thankfully they've all agreed to allow it ' clean'. 

These photos put a big smile on my face, some great memories, and made me think how much my late father would have approved. 

That's what it's all about for me...happy memories. 

• Robin 2

1 minute ago, spudski said:

These photos put a big smile on my face, some great memories, and made me think how much my late father would have approved. 

No time to read threads properly tonight Spud….too busy getting ready for tonight’s big game…!!

🦅🦅🦅

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

No time to read threads properly tonight Spud….too busy getting ready for tonight’s big game…!!

🦅🦅🦅

I'm glad you put eagles...otherwise I would have thought you were talking about the missus 🙈😆

I'm hoping we don't get hammered. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I'm glad you put eagles...otherwise I would have thought you were talking about the missus 🙈😆

I'm hoping we don't get hammered. 

Ha ha!!

I was hoping we didn’t get hammered last night too….so seeing that as an omen! I might change my mind in a couple of hours!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Call me a a grumpy b*stard, but this is so f****** tinpot

image.png.ef08fac9ca6451ce0cfe79a7112cc097.png

Not when it's set in context, ie if you explain Britain in the 1970s, how football was regarded then, how good Leeds were, what sort of news made it on to the front pages of the newspapers (what newspapers are) etc etc

Football was strictly for the back pages. It was played almost exclusively on Saturdays at 3pm. Footballers were not celebrities. In other words, the good old days. Leeds hadn't lost a single game all season and were one of the best sides in Europe. The FA Cup was a proper competition.

There was massive political, economic and social unrest at that time - yet serious people, running serious media organisations decided news of Bristol City's victory trumped all that - and lo, there was Donnie, on the front page.

That's how big a news story it was.

Inevitably, all that gets lost over the passage of time.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yeah my dad & uncles would have loved all this . Puts a smile on my face thinking about it . 

• Robin 2

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't know if mentioned, but the originals were all long sleeved, surely ?

Having said that, I'd buy one and ware it at Wembley for the play off final v Ipswich !

No mate...both short and long sleeved worn. 

You can see in the footage. 

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There’s a lesson there.

So, already sold out online. Is there ANY hope of us actually getting another batch in?! We are so hopeless at stock management and anticipating level of demand.

Sorry - two separate posts really, they got merged!

When we switched go o'neills I remember JL saying that one of the benefits of the partnership is that because they are based in the UK it means there can be a quick turnaround on orders. 

I don't know how long it takes to produce a batch of shirts but once done they can get here quite quickly. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yeah my dad & uncles would have loved all this . Puts a smile on my face thinking about it . 

If it does that...that's all that matters. 

Fond memories of our club shared with loved ones missed and present. 

Long may these initiatives continue. 

• Like 4

Well. At least it’s better than that horrendous monstrosity they came up with for the 125 year anniversary. 

No surprise that we wore that sickening kit in the last game before covid struck - it was clearly enough to make the whole bloody world sick!! 🤢 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

JL and others within the club have received a lot criticism over the last 2-3 months but this is a masterclass although selling out so soon isn’t great 

In addition, the LM appointment appears to be a shrewd decision now and very few dissenting voices 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DolmanGaz said:

nice kit, but wearing a commemorative kit for a league game, to celebrate a 5th round FA cup tie almost 50 years ago is beyond tinpot...

if we'd won the cup, fine.

Would you advocate wearing the same kit we wore when we played in the FA Cup final?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly, I really like the shirt.  Nice one.

At what point does continually doing retro become passé / boring?

When you look at the retro shirt market, I'd say it was very much sought after. 

Far from boring. 

Same can be said for retro clothing and trainers etc. 

The market is huge.. 

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why do they do this? I don’t get it. Pretty much all of us have access to the internet, but lots of us don’t live anywhere near BS3.

Why not just make everything available online?

We’re so crap at this stuff.

It feels more special if its hard to get. Restrict stock for a while and build up appetite then release to the masses 

It's bullshit business stuff but it works occasionally like Prime

• Like 1