IGNORED

1974 Heritage Kit

Red Army 75

Beautiful shirt, everything that the 125 year anniversary shirt should have been. But to echo the above I hate that it's to celebrate a one off win over Leeds. Looking forward to the retro inspired shirt for last nights win

• Like 1

Think it's more the marketing element to help cover costs of the Heritage and Archive initiative - they've just used the Leeds game as some foundation for the release and it enables inclusion and revisiting of the clubs history.

Think some are reading a slight too much into it - and not taking into account that at the time it was quite a big event. No different to us theoretically beating Man Utd in the FA Cup in SAFs final season in terms of scale - Leeds won the league that season and had been top 3 the precious 5 dating back to '68.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Sorry to double down on this, but can you imagine hearing that another team in the same division as us had brought out a kit to celebrate beating us in the FA Cup 50 years ago?

Here is some context for you. I don't know your age but for Leeds in 74, think Man City at their best, full of internationals. Some great photos in this report.

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19740219.htm

• Flames 1

Seems we are wearing the shirt against QPR. 

I really hope it doesn't have our sponsor on it. 

Here's hoping 🤞...if it's got front and back sponsor, arm badges, name and number etc then apart from the badge and round neck, and obvious pinstripe it won't look much different to what we already have. 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think the heritage & archive idea is very good & players numbers are a touch of class. The shirt is smart.
I really don’t get the celebration though of a one off cup tie. I thought it about the Liverpool celebration. It just smacks of a small club mentality . 

I think it has more to do with celebrating our former players. Rather than a game tbh. 

There's been an active role by various people to embrace our former players, something we neglected for years. 

It's a joy to see them at the ground now. 

Good for them and the fans. 

I can only see positives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Seems we are wearing the shirt against QPR. 

I really hope it doesn't have our sponsor on it. 

Here's hoping 🤞...if it's got front and back sponsor, arm badges, name and number etc then apart from the badge and round neck, and obvious pinstripe it won't look much different to what we already have. 

This sponsor-free exclusive shirt will be worn by the team at Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship home match against QPR, with the players wearing white shorts and red and white socks. 

The club extends its gratitude to O’Neills, Huboo, DNRG, Watches of Bath and GoSkippy for their support in removing their logos from this unique edition shirt

^^^
On the site.

• Like 1

Just now, Lew-T said:

This sponsor-free exclusive shirt will be worn by the team at Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship home match against QPR, with the players wearing white shorts and red and white socks. 

The club extends its gratitude to O’Neills, Huboo, DNRG, Watches of Bath and GoSkippy for their support in removing their logos from this unique edition shirt

^^^
On the site.

Oh fantastic...I missed that. Thanks for sharing, appreciated 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Simple and bloody lovely. Less is more!

There’s a lesson there.

So, already sold out online. Is there ANY hope of us actually getting another batch in?! We are so hopeless at stock management and anticipating level of demand.

Sorry - two separate posts really, they got merged!

Edited by ChippenhamRed

Just now, spudski said:

I think it has more to do with celebrating our former players. Rather than a game tbh. 

There's been an active role by various people to embrace our former players, something we neglected for years. 

It's a joy to see them at the ground now. 

Good for them and the fans. 

I can only see positives. 

I totally agree re the former players. Brilliant to see them back . The shirt & wearing it is fine . Why not then say it’s to promote the heritage & archive initiative rather than 50 years since Leeds . I really don’t want to come across as being negative on any of it &  I’m not in general . It’s just the cup game thing. 
I like many have had a pop at Jon Lansdown & rightly so. The heritage & archive idea with Scott Davison though is brilliant. 

• Like 2