IGNORED

Magnanimous Ian Gay!!

JP Hampton

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

How could you possibly know that members of Bristol City staff read the forum and are upset by negative remarks…..?

Don’t know for sure but i expect our technical director is all over this forum. Players too I’ve heard pop on here. Who knows, I do wonder who BCFCShags was. 

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

How could you possibly know that members of Bristol City staff read the forum and are upset by negative remarks…..?

For many years I was involved in the Supporters Club and its merge with the trust. I regularly met up with late Colin Sexstone and in his office computer the otib site was always on. I saw exactly the same on other senior staff office computers.

I also met many players at various events including the PotY awards. One player actually got a bit stroppy with me because he thought I’d slagged him off. I explained to him that my comments were in fact a compliment to his importance within the team -  stop him and you stop the team. He’d misread/misunderstood my post. He was fine after that.

I’m talking 20+ years ago but no doubt nothing has changed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

My exasperation was not to do with your figures, it's that yet another thread (which was meant to be about a podcast) has evolved into yet another Pearson v Manning yawnfest, I wish people could wake up, smell the coffee and move on!

You’re still pining over Little Lee aren’t you and brought him up relentlessly 

That went well 🤣

Where is he managing now ?

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For many years I was involved in the Supporters Club and its merge with the trust. I regularly met up with late Colin Sexstone and in his office computer the otib site was always on. I saw exactly the same on other senior staff office computers.

I also met many players at various events including the PotY awards. One player actually got a bit stroppy with me because he thought I’d slagged him off. I explained to him that my comments were in fact a compliment to his importance within the team -  stop him and you stop the team. He’d misread/misunderstood my post. He was fine after that.

I’m talking 20+ years ago but no doubt nothing has changed.

What a great credit you were to our Supporters Club

NOT

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Don’t know for sure but i expect our technical director is all over this forum. Players too I’ve heard pop on here. Who knows, I do wonder who BCFCShags was. 

Shags wasn’t a player or member of staff.  I know who he was by name (local football), didn’t know him personally though.

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

My lad was at a decent local side a couple of years ago before he went to Uni (pretty high in the pyramid) and their players used to read their forum on the way home from away trips and literally took the piss. It would be like “Smithy, you know that 25 stone lardass Dave, he reckons milk turns quicker than you”. The point being many players do read these forums and just have a laugh about it.

Of course they do because they have egos,they love it when they are praised but anything negative and then the forums don’t know what they are talking about 

Just now, Gaseater said:

What a Pathetic post this is. Ian is no different to any other pod member who gives their opinion, all have their own traits and all compliment each other well!!! The fact he is being fed info by the club is clearly upsetting one or two people.

I you say he is no different, however no other pod members are constantly rude and tell people to shut up and then throw their toys out of the pram when something is sad that they don't like. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

No you just talk so much nonsense. Go on the pod some time I heard you’ve been invited 

For a ‘newbie’ , didn’t take you long to get to grip with prolific and furious posting

Almost like you’ve been here before

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Oh hang on, now leaping to defence of the manager following M Withers article in the post today. 

I noticed that earlier, appeared on my feed today, I thought he locked his account?

Anyway, I remember on the POD he said he would give Manning 10-15 games before judging him, so now he's saying he needs a pre-season before judging him, bet the next one will be "The new players need time to gel"

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, chowie said:

I noticed that earlier, appeared on my feed today, I thought he locked his account?

Anyway, I remember on the POD he said he would give Manning 10-15 games before judging him, so now he's saying he needs a pre-season before judging him, bet the next one will be "The new players need time to gel"

Becoming a parody of himself isn’t he!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chowie said:

Then it'll be "He needs 3 transfer windows". Etc, etc ad infinitum or until BT realises he's perfectly capable of embarrassing himself and doesn't need a shill to do it for him.

• Like 2

2.Unfortunate but true-We have a team that can be inconsistent from one half to the next never mind, game.Those players aren't suddenly going to change under a new coach so a full pre-season should see a change in personnel to enable that transition.Even if we beat Cardiff that

Why are the players at entirely at fault for the inconsistencies? Nothing to do with the inconsistent game plans etc, it's all to do with the players of course.

3.Inconsistency will continue until LM has at least 5-6 of his own players in the team so I expect to see around 10/12 players leave inc U21's to create the £ & space on the wage bill for that to happen. Old adage is business "If you can't change the people, Change the People!"

Hang on, Manning was brought in to get the best out of THIS SQUAD of players, so why does he need half of a team in signings? Why are we constantly over looking that issue?

2.Would have a comfortable morning at the HPC. Some home truths need to be spoken albeit, if your view & mine is that Sykes & Pring weren't fully fit,without them we'd have had EIGHT players missing at Weds & I don't blame LM for that. I've said previously that the injury crisis

The performance was not acceptable. Some home truths do need to be spoken and that includes that rubbish tactics and game plan. To apportion the entire blame on the players is completely unjust.

So his view is that Sykes and Pring were not fit? which we all agree with, but doesn't criticise Manning for selecting unfit players. Classic Ian.

3.Played a significant part in ending NP's tenure & if some of our fanbase are listened to it will end LM's.The attitude & effort is one thing however I was as concerened about our quality & technical skills. First Touch, Passing, Crossing,Movement, Vision

One minute he says on the pod that all clubs have 3-5 players out at any one time but now he's saying we have an injury crisis? Which one is it? Surely he's not using injuries as an excuse for LM?

Why is he scared that our fans will be listened to? Why should we not be listened to? It's our club. We pay to go and watch us etc so why shouldn't we have a voice? Or is it because the voices that are speaking do not agree with his agenda? Why does he think that the only voice that matters is his own?

He's concerned about our technical abilities etc but once again absorbs our 'on the grass' head coach of any blame.

4.Pinned tweet that outlines some ideas IF we can get Twine back for example HOWEVER, nothing LM or even Pep does on the training ground will work unless our players buy in, try & execute as they did v Soton, WHU, For, Wat, Hull & Boro x2. It's the same players so they can do it

Complete total bs. The one thing our players have done is buy in to it. The players have been nothing but professional. They work incredibly hard in training, they have been open to all the information and as the club have said they have been lining up outside Mannings office to learn even more.

But once again, it's the players at fault!

Including the ridiculous suggesting about Pep is done to protect LM. Pep would get the best out of these players because he wouldn't give them flawed game plans, he would have a plan b and he'd be able to motivate them.

As Ian previously said, if you can't change the people, change the people - that's why it's time to not change the players, but to change the head coach. If the players have suddenly became crap, that's down to him and his methods. The only person to blame for that is LM.

The guy is all over the place, he has zero credibility and has lost all objectivity simply because he can't stand the thought of being wrong. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Becoming a parody of himself isn’t he!

I really don’t get how one of the most negative fans of all time (years of listening to the moans on radio Bristol) is suddenly refusing to criticise this new regime. I don’t get it at all, has always wanted every manager sacked no? Clearly mates with someone high up now. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I really don’t get how one of the most negative fans of all time (years of listening to the moans on radio Bristol) is suddenly refusing to criticise this new regime. I don’t get it at all, has always wanted every manager sacked no? Clearly mates with someone high up now. 

Jungle Book Snake GIF

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Clearly mates with someone high up now

From Wikipedia:

A useful idiot is a person perceived as propagandising for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically being used by the cause's leaders.

Seems a good fit to me 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

From Wikipedia:

A useful idiot is a person perceived as propagandising for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically being used by the cause's leaders.

Seems a good fit to me 

Wtf has happened to our club. 

We've got JL as chairman who's only experience was on a help desk or something. 

We've got BT, a failed league one manager who's in charge of all footballing operations and is being lined up as our future CEO.

We have Tony Wilkins as our unofficial fans spokesman/SLO on social media. 

And we have Ian Gay as the person entrusted by BT to pass on inside knowledge. 

We then have an army of minions who are responsible for the propaganda. They are constantly trying to influence opinions within the fanbase with made up bs. 

• Like 11