IGNORED

Season Ticket pricing 24/25

Redshorts

27 minutes ago, Riaz said:

He was doing well there by all accounts, until he lost his best players (Twine & co)

Who do you think would have been a better choice?

Well he'll lose his best players here too, so that's something to look forward to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Big names rarely do well for us - so uknown managers and players suit Bristol City

You never heard of Scott Murray, Albert Adomah or Alex Scott before they played for us.

Then you have the likes of David James, Michael Bridges & Marcus Stewart - Big names, on there way down - and the result? speaks for itself.

Andy King, Matty James, Nakhi Wells?

It doesn't speak for itself. That's a simplistic view with you randomly picking names out of the air to fit your argument. 

What it suggests is that we've been poorly managed for many years from the top down. 

Under the right management and timing, names such as Matty James can be successful here.

It's been proven that unknown/inexperienced managers do not suit Bristol City. Ridiculous to suggest they do when we've seen the failings of Dean Holden, Lee Johnson, Derek McInnes, Keith Millen and the main man Brian Tinnion. 

I saw like 60 new posts - made the foolish assumption maybe there was some season ticket news!

This forum is like bloody groundhog day at the moment.

The same half a dozen posters, making the same half a dozen points about bloody Pearson / Manning / Tinnion / FFP on EVERY BLOODY THREAD. I get that it's important but my god it's hard reading at the moment.

There are about 10 threads on this already.

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

So who would you have wanted? it’s all very well saying you wanted NP out (as I did) and all very well saying Manning is the wrong choice but who would of been your choice, come on I need another laugh to go with the Lampard shout 

Who said Lampard? Certainly not me 

And as I mentioned previously - it’s irrelevant who I would have liked / wanted. 

The point I’m making is - we could have done better than someone who failed with MK Dons and has done nothing in the game to warrant the job he currently resides in 

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I saw like 60 new posts - made the foolish assumption maybe there was some season ticket news!

The same half a dozen posters, making the same half a dozen points about bloody Pearson / Manning / Tinnion / FFP on EVERY BLOODY THREAD. I get that it's important but my god it's hard reading at the moment.

Any little dig

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Sadly it will roll on somewhat until the side push on and show sustained positivity but perhaps shouldn't cut across threads so much.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely. 

GJ did brilliantly to get us up and then the following season was just magic. 

But after that he signed players that he struggled to manage and then some proper shite. The roots to our relegation lead to GJ. 

Same with LJ. Did well to keep us in this division and then built upon that to get us competing for the play offs but then just like his Dad he signed players he struggled to managed and then also signed some proper shite. 

We'd probably have got relegated this time too if it wasn't for Pearson. 

I wonder if we suffer from not being an attractive club so we have to dish out longer contracts than some of the perceived bigger clubs do to try and get the player?  Especially when you chuck in the mix a perceived lower division manager like GJ, LJ, LM etc who doesn't have the pulling power?

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Who said Lampard? Certainly not me 

And as I mentioned previously - it’s irrelevant who I would have liked / wanted. 

The point I’m making is - we could have done better than someone who failed with MK Dons and has done nothing in the game to warrant the job he currently resides in 

Could we though? What so called bigger names came out as being linked, or applied, or wanted the position. Manning has to start somewhere, and clearly was considered the best of the younger brigade of coach we wanted to employ. It's alright saying we could have done better, so name who we could have hired who was better, and fit the remit the club wanted? 

53 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I wonder if we suffer from not being an attractive club so we have to dish out longer contracts than some of the perceived bigger clubs do to try and get the player?  Especially when you chuck in the mix a perceived lower division manager like GJ, LJ, LM etc who doesn't have the pulling power?

This would definitely be a reason. A friend of mine who played always said, you have to consider the next contract you sign could be your last, so it's better to go to a club that would give you a long deal and a chunk of money, than a more desirable club who may give you less money and less years. 

Some clubs don't consider giving more than 2-3 year contracts as they think it makes players get comfortable and lazy. 

• Like 1

Just now, robinforlife2 said:

Could we though? What so called bigger names came out as being linked, or applied, or wanted the position. Manning has to start somewhere, and clearly was considered the best of the younger brigade of coach we wanted to employ. It's alright saying we could have done better, so name who we could have hired who was better, and fit the remit the club wanted? 

Eustace was linked.  Others who might’ve been tempted, Schumacher, Richardson, just off the top of my head.  All 3 now employed at Championship.  Schumacher in particular showed he was poachable despite being in employment.

I’m not saying they are my choices per se, but just names being thrown out in response to your question.

10 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

What’s the clubs remit? 

I see it as ‘employ someone who just says yes all the time because they are grateful to get an opportunity that’s unlikely they would get elsewhere in this league’

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

What’s the clubs remit? 

I see it as ‘employ someone who just says yes all the time because they are grateful to get an opportunity that’s unlikely they would get elsewhere in this league’

They want a young coach, who will play possession football, and look to develop young players. They didn't want a manager, with their own ideas, they wanted someone who would work within the parameters set. Anyone who may have been interested, would have dropped their interest when they knew the confounds they had to work with, so in reality Manning was probably the best candidate willing to work within those limits. For all, everyone says, we should have kept Pearson. Nige was at a point where I'm sure he felt, right we have done the hard part, we've steadied the ship, but now I want to do it this way and have the backing, and that was not what the club wanted, so in many ways, he done the job he was employed to do, but needed someone new to continue the set model and try and get more out of what we had. You may not be wrong in your assessment, but Manning reminds me of a young Eddie Howe, more than a young Lee Johnson. I think he'll come good, but I do think he was thrown in at the deep end. 

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Eustace was linked.  Others who might’ve been tempted, Schumacher, Richardson, just off the top of my head.  All 3 now employed at Championship.  Schumacher in particular showed he was poachable despite being in employment.

I’m not saying they are my choices per se, but just names being thrown out in response to your question.

Whilst I would agree Schumacher would have been a good appointment, I don't think he would have left Plymouth for us. I would personally have Manning over Richardson or Eustace. 

7 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Nige was at a point where I'm sure he felt, right we have done the hard part, we've steadied the ship, but now I want to do it this way and have the backing, and that was not what the club wanted, so in many ways, he done the job he was employed to do, but needed someone new to continue the set model and try and get more out of what we had.

No, Nige wasn’t about to change what he wanted to so, the strategy / plan (agreed by all don’t forget) was set and was being followed. He had the rug pulled from under him.

He didn’t suddenly come up with fresh demands that were unreasonable or not part of the plan.

That is wrong to suggest that was the case. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, Nige wasn’t about to change what he wanted to so, the strategy / plan (agreed by all don’t forget) was set and was being followed. He had the rug pulled from under him.

He didn’t suddenly come up with fresh demands that were unreasonable or not part of the plan.

That is wrong to suggest that was the case. 

You would know more about that side of things than me, so fair enough, but I was fortunate to have a chat with someone at the club recently, who told me NP told JL he had no ambition, and there was no point him being there if he wasn't willing to back him.

That sounded to me, like he was making demands, and made his own bed. 

Well on one hand, if true..people can't really talk to their boss like that but otoh is it a club source unduly painting NP in a negative light?

However he has a valid point if true, maybe maybe not about the ambition but the failure to push onto the next stage. We would have been better served under NP and a proper CEO than the current setup I believe.

Moreover he had earned thst opportunity with his work from start point to end point, absolutely earned it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

27 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

You would know more about that side of things than me, so fair enough, but I was fortunate to have a chat with someone at the club recently, who told me NP told JL he had no ambition, and there was no point him being there if he wasn't willing to back him.

Sounds to me like junior don't like the truth!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

NP told JL he had no ambition, and there was no point him being there if he wasn't willing to back him.

If that’s true, it just makes me like NP even more. He could see right through that charlatan. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

When the mantra from the top (simplistically) is - what football makes it can spend - it’s easy (imho) to see which party reneged on the “deal”!!!  

• Like 1

On 23/02/2024 at 12:10, robinforlife2 said:

One of my best mates is an Arsenal fan. His tickets have been used on every game, but he's transferred his seat for 7 games and sold it back to the club on 2 games, as he's not been able to attend or had friends who could, he's activated his seat for European games and cups. He got an email the other day telling him, he would not be eligible for renewal for lack of attendance! 

Don’t you just love football clubs’ IT systems!