IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

• Admin
8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Didn’t spot only 8 subs. Class. Must’ve imagined Rae Nelson looking more than deserving a chance off the bench. 

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I don't know, has anything been said on the media yet?  Why not put an youngster on the bench, just for the experience.

Did they travel? 

Would point to a late injury, would explain shortage on the bench 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Didn’t spot only 8 subs. Class. Must’ve imagined Rae Nelson looking more than deserving a chance off the bench. 

When they bin Andy King off this summer I hope they factor in he’s been in the squad for 22/34 games this season & available for a couple of others but not selected.

For a side that regularly fails to have a full bench it is vital.

He has an availability record others like Naismith can only dream of, proper professional.

I’d rather have included Lewis Thomas (who travelled) than have an 8 man bench.

Based on QPR I’d have included him over Mebude anyway.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As ever City, that’s a real classy January window.

What the hell are we doing buying crocks and not good enoughs AGAIN.

**** ‘we will have a review’ when it’s been patently obvious for years we have major issues with transfers and injuries. Just get people in who know what they’re doing. 

This Club really tests your patience. 

• Haha 1
Just now, italian dave said:

Well, it’s your opinion. I disagree.

But I’m not going to go through all that yet again and go on and on and on and on and on and on about it.

I’m just going to get on with supporting the team and the manager

COYR

Do you not consider that questioning why all these players keep getting injured again when they are close to coming back is supporting the team? 

Because I want us to have our best players available? 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’d rather have included Lewis Thomas (who travelled) than have an 8 man bench

Assuming he's fit, this is odd 

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

**** ‘we will have a review’ when it’s been patently obvious for years we have major issues with transfers and injuries. Just get people in who know what they’re doing. 

If only we could predict the future 

Naismith was “a bit stiff” 2 weeks ago, apparently I was negative for saying that  was code name for “he’s picked up another injury but we can’t say it”

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

When they bin Andy King off this summer I hope they factor in he’s been in the squad for 22/34 games this season & available for a couple of others  but not selected.

For a side that regularly fails to have a full bench it is vital.

He has an availability record others like Naismith can only dream of, proper professional.

I’d rather have included Lewis Thomas (who travelled) than have an 8 man bench.

Based on QPR I’d have included him over Mebude anyway.

17 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Def Leppard too

I was in a pub in Ouhtibridge (just outside Sheffield) with my in-laws, and my brother-in-law said “see that guy over there, he’s the drummer in Def Leppard”

I replied “eh, he’s got both arms”

he laughed and said “yeah, he was the original drummer but he was only 16/17 when they went on their first tour, and his mum wouldn’t let him go!”

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Do you not consider that questioning why all these players keep getting injured again when they are close to coming back is supporting the team? 

Because I want us to have our best players available? 

Not the way you do it, no. I don’t. 

But as I said, not going over all that yet again. 

46 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Apparently we are not allowed to hold them to account for this because we knew they were talking bs and telling lies.

The fact we're supposed to over look the fact they lied to us is bizarre in itself. 

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is getting ridiculous now. 

I didn't mention Nige. 

This conversation has nothing to do with Nige and yet here you are mentioning Nige. 

Technically you are correct, you didn't explicitly mention Nige.  But yet again you refer back to one specific aspirational statement that was mentioned at the time of Nige's departure.

I think most posters know what's really ridiculous here ....

8 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I think that is a tad harsh but has some truth.

Bird I would say next year could well be a good addition, assuming he doesn't get injured, Twine is the real frustration, Dire it is too soon to say.

Murphy and Stokes who knows. More future looking.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was in a pub in Ouhtibridge (just outside Sheffield) with my in-laws, and my brother-in-law said “see that guy over there, he’s the drummer in Def Leppard”

I replied “eh, he’s got both arms”

he laughed and said “yeah, he was the original drummer but he was only 16/17 when they went on their first tour, and his mum wouldn’t let him go!”

My stepdaughter's ex boyfriend was from Oughtibridge. His grandad played for Wednesday (Jim McEnearney).

3 minutes ago, red panda said:

Technically you are correct, you didn't explicitly mention Nige.  But yet again you refer back to one specific aspirational statement that was mentioned at the time of Nige's departure.

I think most posters know what's really ridiculous here ....

You're the only one that's mentioning Nige mate. 

I'm talking about the fact players keep breaking down upon being close to playing again. That has absolutely zero to do with Nige so why you mentioning him? I suspect you're doing so to try and take the light off of this obvious reoccurring issue. 

• Like 2