IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just demonstrates my point though. Leeds are chasing one team. We're chasing about 7. Much easier to hunt one target down than cope with 7 others all collecting points.

Anyway, team news is out so let's make way for the no doubt incredibly positive and optimistic discussions of 5 changes and Twine's absence.

I'll just make one small point. 5 or 6 wins out of 6 from say Middlesbrough away to Ipswich away or 6 of 7 to Swansea at home just IMO would've put us back in the hunt but it looks fairly forlorn now.

The margin for error was low then and now it's extremely low.

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

(Oh and FWIW even if Twine is fit I’m happy not to see him again this season. Nothing against him, and like him as a player, but considering our mid table position and finish if we are unlikely to sign him permanently then playing him would be a daft move and not benefit us long term. As I believe was said when he signed!)

Exactly my thoughts.

Though just to add to that - when we signed Twine, I made the joke that the best case scenario may be that he has a torrid time here, drops in value, and becomes a more realistic signing in Summer. Ironically, that's not too far off what's happening right now. (I still don't think we'll sign him permenantly)

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The number of times we have failed to fill our bench this season is rather embarrassing. Manning may well have valid reasons for not promoting youth too quickly but I do feel less than 9 subs makes us look amateur and shambolic.

Given the 'Splat robin' kit and the 'We beat Leeds once' kit, I think amateur and shambolic is very much the look we're going for this season 😂

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Didn’t spot only 8 subs. Class. Must’ve imagined Rae Nelson looking more than deserving a chance off the bench. 

Manning seems to show no interest in developing our u21s, wonder how that fits with BT?

Yeboah has already been binned off, after featuring a fair bit under NP. Personally I think Nelson is a much better prospect but Manning has only had him as unused sub.  

17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You're the only one that's mentioning Nige mate. 

I'm talking about the fact players keep breaking down upon being close to playing again. That has absolutely zero to do with Nige so why you mentioning him? I suspect you're doing so to try and take the light off of this obvious reoccurring issue. 

I think you've got confused about which of your toxic posts these exchanges started with.  No problem, it can't be easy keeping up with all that negative stuff.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Manning seems to show no interest in developing our u21s, wonder how that fits with BT?

Yeboah has already been binned off, after featuring a fair bit under NP. Personally I think Nelson is a much better prospect but Manning has only had him as unused sub.  

I do worry about the message it sends out to the young players. It seems to be a pretty open declaration that nobody - or at least nobody who is not out on loan - is even vaguely in the picture to break through to the first team next season.

• Like 3