IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

Wow. Play superbly against Southampton and then utter dross in consecutive matches against the poorest sides in the division.

I'm really sorry to say that in the last two matches we have been pitiful. For all the occasional flourishes Manning is dying a death in this job. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

2 awful performances and results in a week, all this after beating Southampton. Why are we always the same? 

That's the danger of looking at 1 game in isolation. Yes we played well that night but Saints were at the start of a slump..  almost lost to Hudds the Sat before & have been in poor form since.

Sometimes in the immediate aftermath you don't know which team the result says most about. 

• Like 1

I think I get the idea here- we seem good at winning games we really shouldn’t have a realistic chance in- Southampton/ Watford/ Boro etc. Manning is making us play SO badly that we don’t actually have a realistic chance in any of them. He’s a clever dick him

• Like 1

Based on the criteria put out in the public by lansdown and tinnion (I am aware it was obvious bull s**t) but he should be under intense pressure now.

We have regressed massively and have looked abject against the lowest opposition so a rocket should be put up mannings backside (not that it would achieve much could imagine the worlds most boring conversation between those three!)

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
Just now, David Brent said:

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Liam is a great fit for the club and the style of play we want.

Is this the style of play Jon wants?

Im at the ground and you can see him stood there applauding with a big grin. His dad's fighting with him to try and get a yellow crayon out of his nose but he's having fun, let kids be kids FFS Steve

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I think those continually dismissing the thoughts of @W-S-M Seagull, would do well to acknowledge many of his concerns. 

Fortunately the early season points will see us safe here, however I’ve little confidence this pretender will have us in anything other than a relegation battle next season. He already looks lost and somewhat exposed at this level. Nothing but an ego and vanity project by Messrs Tinnion and Lansdown. 

Whether the change of manager needed to be made or not, it’s clear Manning is the wrong appointment for us to progress. 

I've seen nothing to suggest Manning can achieve anything. The problem is at the top. We are years away from a promotion challenge, again!

• Like 2
Just now, Harvey86 said:

I think I get the idea here- we seem good at winning games we really shouldn’t have a realistic chance in- Southampton/ Watford/ Boro etc. Manning is making us play SO badly that we don’t actually have a realistic chance in any of them. He’s a clever dick him

Only the first half vs Middlesbrough, maybe the first hour at a push was decent IMO.

The final half hour plus stoppage was total bunker, 0 Shots 15-20% possession..FFS away at the Nou Camp or Riverside?

• Like 1