IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

******* Downsy suggesting we might still make the play offs.

Thats another thing. 

Remember a time where we had big personalities at the club. They were relatable. I can’t stand any of this current lot at our club. They’re all smarmy muttering *******.

Barton, Downsy, Lansdown’s, Tinnion, Marshall 

**** off

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

This is how I’m feeling. We are such a vanilla club with vanilla owners. Muttering Jon Lansdown leading us the way…

Fantastic.

Silly me, beat Southampton, then look at next 2 games v teams near the bottom of division,  think win both,could be pushing for top 6, should've known better, been following city long enough shouldve known what would happen!

We had a positive identity. Hard to break down - top defensive record, press teams off the park.

Lacking in forward and creative areas and lots of injuries due to the amount of running but you couldn't fault the effort and we weren't far off having it all click together.

Thrown it all away. 

Injuries haven't stopped piling up, we've only looked good when we played high press counter football like the previous manager. 

At least with the limited squad we saw opportunities for young lads through our academy. 

You won't see any emerging academy player getting a chance under Manning with him desperate to get results with an almost full squad availability. 

It is going to take years and a reshaping of the squad to play this sleepwalking follow the patterns-or else football to a good level.

It sure isn't getting me out of my seat watching it. 

Got another few years of this. Buckle up. It's going to be a looooooooong boring bumpy ride.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

No particular risk of relegation, it will be some nothingness between now and May.

We need to try and put on a show at Home especially, we have 2 games the Welsh sides, Leicester is that on Sky?

We need to aim for 63-65 points and give us some hope. Patterns, cohesion, consistency of minimum performance.

We are miles off it sadly.

It is a bit of a ramble but pretty disillusioning atm.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Jeez said:

The coach creates the behaviours & he needs to look further than the technical aspects.

It's not his job, someone else needs to do the managing! Remember we sacked an actual manager, one that this club had badly needed for some time. I guess Tinion is supposed to do the managing now?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Jeez said:

The players need some fire in their belly’s. Can’t help but feel that’s the bit that’s missing. Cool, Calm but no real urgency.

The coach creates the behaviours & he needs to look further than the technical aspects.

Manning has constantly said that he does not display emotions so therefore its unlikely he's ever gonna be able to give players a rocket up the arse. 

• Like 1

Reflections on the 90.

Game-plan to play a sort of “hybrid” wingback system, with Sykes and Pring was just wrong.  It’s a high energy position, and you’ve got two players returning from injury.  I’m not normally so categoric is saying this, but it backfired hugely.

This game panned out exactly as I feared.

Pring so far off the pace.  Got overloaded by Palmer and Valentin, and then Poveda when he needed to drift in.

We basically got strung out, I haven’t seen that since the bad performances of LJ.  Exactly what Wednesday wanted.  They didn’t want us playing as a tight set up.

If you’re gonna play balls into channel, that is perfectly fine away from home, especially early on.  But if you don’t get everyone up the pitch really quickly behind it, your forward end up pressing on their own, and get played around.

Players sent out without much chance imho.

I sensed that a few heads went and feared we’d get a red card.

Today was a bad day.  It was a bad day for LM’s game-plan, and that includes Hogg and Krause.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
10 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm seriously worried about LM being here next season. He's already got one relegation on his CV.

That’s all he has achieved….makes you think how any championship board would think he could come in and take a club to the next level. Now seeing what a pitiful decision that was 

Edited by RedRaw
7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No particular risk of relegation, it will be some nothingness between now and May.

We need to try and put on a show at Home especially, we have 2 games the Welsh sides, Leicester is that on Sky?

We need to aim for 63-65 points and give us some hope. Patterns, cohesion, consistency of minimum performance.

We are miles off it sadly.

It is a bit of a ramble but pretty disillusioning atm.

I can't get my head around how we were so up for Southampton and so opposite for QPR and Weds. Fair enough we raised our game for the cup games but to go from Southampton to this is a shambles.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I think it says a lot when one of their own team mates finds it hard in commentary to say anything positive. Naismith could see exactly what was happening and the lack of fight. 

Was a fascinating listen…and Kal is someone who is gushing in what he says.  Imagine he was a miserable sod!

Very disillusioned with my club right now. That was appalling. 

Currently planning a trip across the pond next month and usually I'm buzzing to get down the Gate and catch a game or two but this time I'm struggling to to get excited.

Thank God that Nige got us the points he did earlier in the season despite everything he had to deal with. Very disappointed he wasn't able to push on and reap the rewards of the groundwork he laid.

Mannings tactical ineptitude in this division is plain to see and his eye for a player leaves a lot to be desired. The fact that he was excited to finally work with Mehmeti who he'd be watching for a while says it all. Way out of his depth.

All IMO of course and I'm sure many of you will just think of me as a grumpy old guy and that's fine. I'm just sick and tired of the likes of Jon L spinning his BS over and over and expecting us to take it.

With that being said........

See you at the gate next month because as always, I'm City till I Die

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Two shots on target for us today and IMO we were fortunate to only lose 2-1.

Unfortunately, the rhetoric around ‘front foot football’ when LM was appointed was, as many of us knew, just delusional.

Certainly frustrating for fans to watch and I suspect pretty frustrating for the players and staff too.

Nobody had a really good game for us and IMO AM looked miles away from a Championship player.

Brilliant support from our traveling fans who deserve great credit for making that journey and enduring that performance.

Suspect (at least based on the last couple of games) that the remaining games of this campaign are going to be pretty difficult/frustrating, I really hope to be proved wrong.

• Like 1