IGNORED

Emphraim Yeboah

old_eastender

Under NP he was regularly getting game time coming on as a sub. He seemed to have real pace and although raw, posed a threat running at defenders. Thought he might become the latest to come good from the under 21s.

However, I think I'm right in saying he has got ZERO minutes under Manning, despite Sam Bell struggling and Mehmeti, although showing promise, not actually delivering any end product.

Anyone shed any light on what's happening with Yeboah? Thought I read on a another thread, something about Manning's comments on him?

My theory, and it could be complete nonsense, is Nige loved throwing him on because Nige loved the pace and chaos he could provide even if there are currently elements of his game that are miles off Championship level. Manning it seems wants control, Yeboah at this point doesn’t provide that.

Personally, I think there is often a case for throwing in some pace and chaos late on in a game, and would like to see him get a run late on late on in games. Especially when, to be honest, I have absolutely no interest in watching Mehmeti take a million touches to achieve the square root of nothing.

• Like 18
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Under NP he was regularly getting game time coming on as a sub. He seemed to have real pace and although raw, posed a threat running at defenders. Thought he might become the latest to come good from the under 21s.

However, I think I'm right in saying he has got ZERO minutes under Manning, despite Sam Bell struggling and Mehmeti, although showing promise, not actually delivering any end product.

Anyone shed any light on what's happening with Yeboah? Thought I read on a another thread, something about Manning's comments on him?

Hes gone in to see him about lack of game time .

9 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

My theory, and it could be complete nonsense, is Nige loved throwing him on because Nige loved the pace and chaos he could provide even if there are currently elements of his game that are miles off Championship level. Manning it seems wants control, Yeboah at this point doesn’t provide that.

Personally, I think there is often a case for throwing in some pace and chaos late on in a game, and would like to see him get a run late on late on in games. Especially when, to be honest, I have absolutely no interest in watching Mehmeti take a million touches to achieve the square root of nothing.

I felt like yesterday's game was perfect for him to come on and use his pace.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I think we previously had a Manager who was comfortable in his skin, and whether you rated him or not, didn't give a crap what the Ownership thought on football matters and picked who HE WANTED to pick (including Andy King btw). We now have a Manager who has been put under both immediate and unnecessary pressure arising from silly comments made by Jon and Sid to justify the sacking of previous Manager. Therefore chucking on 17 year olds when you need results is a risky business. So not only has Sid got rid of a decent Manager he has also affected his own ambition to see Academy lads trotting out onto that pitch every week.

Well done Sid.

1 minute ago, Super said:

He's not yet ready at this level

Certainly think that is Manning’s view.

Think like Knight-Lebel & Meerholz he’s only on the bench at present because there is no one else fit & it would look embarrassing to have 5 subs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Anyone shed any light on what's happening with Yeboah? Thought I read on an another thread, something about Manning's comments on him?

He’s 17. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Think NP just didn’t want to give mehmeti game time so therefore he had to play yeboah as we had nobody else. Now that manning has came in and willing to give mehmeti a go yeboah will get none or very little opportunity!! 

Mehmeti has proven why NP wasn't willing to give him game time. 

12 minutes ago, Super said:

He's not yet ready at this level

Are we back to the days of waiting until a player turns 23/24 before they are deemed ready? 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

The old saying fits Yeboah. "If your good enough, your old enough". How many games did he feature as a sub? About 8 was it? From what I could see  he was in no way overwhelmed by playing in the first team. Getting on with 10 to 20 mins left plus extra time, he used his pace against tiring legs to good effect. He ghosted past defenders. When he lost the ball, he got back to try to win it back and did a number of times. He was also a feisty bugger. Another plus was the buzz round the ground when he got on. I couldn't see to much wrong with him. Definately an impact player. 

• Like 10

One of Manning's favourite words.

Control control control control....

When you think yeboah; control is certainly not what you associate.

More broadly speaking, if we put pep as the pope of the manning way church. It's taken him 15 years of coaching until to embrace the chaos that doku brings. Every other maverick was, learn the system or you won't play.

They have normally taken 1 season to adjust, and they are 100 million buys. Don't think we will see him in and around the first team for a while; earliest being nothing to play for this season.

51 minutes ago, The turtle said:

More broadly speaking, if we put pep as the pope of the manning way church. It's taken him 15 years of coaching until to embrace the chaos that doku brings. Every other maverick was, learn the system or you won't play.

They have normally taken 1 season to adjust, and they are 100 million buys. Don't think we will see him in and around the first team for a while; earliest being nothing to play for this season.

EXCEPT Yeboah is 100 times BETTER than Sam Bell at doing his defensive work. Chalk and Cheese. People who only watch the ball and sneer that he's not ready certainly haven't noticed that part of his game. It's like Yeboah and Bell's ages swap completely when it comes to doing the dirty work.........

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The turtle said:

It very much feels as if Manning is a bit like Pep in that regard. 

How that fits in with our clubs want and need to blood academy players, I'm not quite sure. 

3 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Hes gone in to see him about lack of game time .

He’s a confident young fella.  Told Tins when he signed his photo would be on the wall like the other Academy players who’d reached the first team, and that it wouldn’t be long either.  I like his confidence.  But he’s a little way off what’s needed as it stands.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Mehmeti has proven why NP wasn't willing to give him game time. 

Are we back to the days of waiting until a player turns 23/24 before they are deemed ready? 

That’s a massive leap of an assumption from someone not bringing a 17 year old off the bench. By my count, Manning has started 5 under 23s more than once so I think we can immediately discount that as a theory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

That’s a massive leap of an assumption from someone not bringing a 17 year old off the bench. By my count, Manning has started 5 under 23s more than once so I think we can immediately discount that as a theory.

Can we? 

Whilst he has a history in academy coaching, how many academy players in his short manager career has he given debuts for? 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I think we previously had a Manager who was comfortable in his skin, and whether you rated him or not, didn't give a crap what the Ownership thought on football matters and picked who HE WANTED to pick (including Andy King btw). We now have a Manager who has been put under both immediate and unnecessary pressure arising from silly comments made by Jon and Sid to justify the sacking of previous Manager. Therefore chucking on 17 year olds when you need results is a risky business. So not only has Sid got rid of a decent Manager he has also affected his own ambition to see Academy lads trotting out onto that pitch every week.

Well done Sid.

Funny you should say that, but I was thinking  the exact same thing yesterday. If Manning is under pressure for results he won't be chucking kids in.

Sid, what gave you done ?

49 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Funny you should say that, but I was thinking  the exact same thing yesterday. If Manning is under pressure for results he won't be chucking kids in.

Sid, what gave you done ?

Is anyone else questioning the depth of the academy right now? Tinnion has talked it up massively....if you thought Alex Scott was good, wait till you see the next lot...

But the pathway looks like it's slowed down to me - feels that way. Who is next? I'm not saying it's stopped, just slowed.

We started were only 4 academy products - which one is the next big sell? 

Max, Zac, Sam and Tommy. I could see Zac being poached and if Conway goes on a run of goals rest of season, he'd be looked at. Bell, putting it diplomatically, still finding his feet at this level. Max? Can't see big money spent of him. 

Then 3 more on the bench that feel quite a long way off the first team and under ironically Manning he seems more reluctant to throw them on than under NP.

I can see new signings (if allowed..another debate) pushing Bell and potentially even Conway down the pecking order. Not great for the pathway/nest egg.

Then to the next crop - next season too soon for real impact? They're not getting any game time.....interesting times.

• Like 1