IGNORED

Does Nige read OTIB?

JP Hampton

44 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Actually what was comedy gold was our performances against QPR and Sheffield Wednesday.

Funny how you made no comment about those games.

We all hope things improve (we are all city fans after all), but things need to improve very quickly or the crowd will turn.

Big day Saturday me thinks

Well, if you think BCFC losing is comedy then I think that says everything about your so say support for this club. The 'can't let go' club are very funny. 

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Blimey, a few of you belting out Cyndi’s Lauper’s “true colours” on this thread.  None of this thinly veiled lie of “I quite liked Nige…” I’ve seen on other threads!!!

Let it all out.

I started a thread in Nov 22 entitled 'Pearson Out'- simply as I didn't think he'd take us anywhere as he subsequently proved to all the world- I never said anything remotely insulting about him.. Shame that supporting revisionist history has become your thing. Let it all out, Dave, but try and keep it real.

I also said NP did good things in the same way as SO'D did- taking over a difficult situation. I thought he was broadly professional but dismissed for the right reasons

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

“Our Liam” the gift that keeps giving . . . us nothing.

Please do stop.

Haha! So anyone who didn't want Pearson long term is now a Manning worshipper!!! I think he's done some good as most have at some point but I couldnt give a shite whether he's the manager or not just like Pearson- it's about results and where we are at the end of the season. I'll support him until he's proved beyond any doubt that he is not up for the role.

12 Championship teams have dismissed their Manager this season. 13 in League 1 and 10 in L2. It happens but SL has never been trigger happy.

P.s I think Brian Tinnion has done a great job. Steve Lansdown is a good owner, built a solid Championship club with his money not "ours" and we've been very lucky to have him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Keeping us in the Championship when we were going down, sorting out the financial mess, prevented us from breaching ffp, developing young players, building a team and a culture on a shoe string budget, making the clubs tens of millions in transfer fees, getting rid of all the dead wood and then by the time he left we had a stable decent affordable squad that was ready to push on. Achieving all that is a roaring success. 

Had we of gone down we'd have been in an incredible financial mess and would have breached ffp and probably suffered another relegation. Fair enough if you don't consider saving us from all that a roaring success but that's not something I'd agree with. 

Keeping us in the Championship when we were going down is a bit of a stretch

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I started a thread in Nov 22 entitled 'Pearson Out'- simply as I didn't think he'd take us anywhere as he subsequently proved to all the world- I never said anything remotely insulting about him.. Shame that supporting revisionist history has become your thing. Let it all out, Dave, but try and keep it real.

I also said NP did good things in the same way as SO'D did- taking over a difficult situation. I thought he was broadly professional but dismissed for the right reasons

Did I quote you?

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well, if you think BCFC losing is comedy then I think that says everything about your so say support for this club. The 'can't let go' club are very funny. 

Haha! So anyone who didn't want Pearson long term is now a Manning worshipper!!! I think he's done some good as most have at some point but I couldnt give a shite whether he's the manager or not just like Pearson- it's about results and where we are at the end of the season. I'll support him until he's proved beyond any doubt that he is not up for the role.

12 Championship teams have dismissed their Manager this season. 13 in League 1 and 10 in L2. It happens but SL has never been trigger happy.

P.s I think Brian Tinnion has done a great job. Steve Lansdown is a good owner, built a solid Championship club with his money not "ours" and we've been very lucky to have him. 

Hey Alexa, define “triggered”….

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Didn't say losing was funny, I said the performances were comedic. I always want us to win, always! I will though be honest when we play shit.

What did you think of those performances?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Keeping us in the Championship when we were going down is a bit of a stretch

It's really not. 

Yes we were not in the relegation zone but we were dropping down the table like a lead balloon. Had Holden of remained, had we of gotten the appointment wrong, we'd have gone down. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Indeed you did , Fleming too

A whole 9 months 🤣 (inclusive of 3 summer months) into his tenure having taken on the complete Cluster**** that this Club was 

Liam Manning better start getting things together I’d guess then ?

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes , about 9 months , or 5 months or so with the players , and with absolutely Zero context

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's really not. 

Yes we were not in the relegation zone but we were dropping down the table like a lead balloon. Had Holden of remained, had we of gotten the appointment wrong, we'd have gone down. 

In your opinion, the truth though is we will never know.

Edited by pillred

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Didn't say losing was funny, I said the performances were comedic. I always want us to win, always! I will though be honest when we play shit.

What did you think of those performances?

@Marina's Rolls Royce not like you to quote someone and then misrepresent it!  I expect better of you and the high ground you take.  People like myself are flawed but I accept it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Super said:

I thought people wanted to move on from talking about Pearson? 🤣

We could have put a stop to it all by sacking* him in Nov 21 when he’d Proved , beyond any doubt that he was not up to the role 

* Caveat ,

if you are LJ , replace ‘sacking’ ,  with ‘handing new 4 year contract’

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

We could have put a stop to it all by sacking him in Nov 21 when he’d Proved , beyond any doubt that he was not up to the role 

Although Nov 2021 would’ve been the point for some too.

Edited by Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Could relate to Nige-

Same age, grumpy old sod at times - of all the managers in my time, the one if I could choose I'd most like to have a beer with.

Cheers Nige! 🍺

Nothing to worry about 😆

Yes definitely...as you get older you don't suffer fools gladly. 

I'd lose my shit listening to some of the crap spouted by our ' hierarchy '.

Especially when you've been there and done it. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

What is quite stunning is that having an opinion about whether he had taken us ‘as far as he can’ is one thing

I keep saying it but for some (sadly a fair few) not having the nouse , Recognition or comprehension of all the good things he did do at OUR Club , when we really needed it , is actually quite depressing 

Then the few who go a step further and hilariously ridicule those who did , and do appreciate , what he did .... is simply embarrassing 

By the way , keep laughing ,  because for very good reasons , we always will 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 2

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

What is quite stunning is that having an opinion about whether he had taken us ‘as far as he can’ is one thing

I keep saying it but for some (sadly a fair few) not having the nouse , Recognition or comprehension of all the good things he did do at OUR Club , when we really needed it , is actually quite depressing 

Then the few who go a step further and hilariously ridicule those who did , and do appreciate , what he did .... is simply embarrassing 

Just before Nige was sacked, I had a flashback to Paul Simpson pleading for help. People tend to forget just how dire the situation was at that time. No wonder some people hold Nige in high regard. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Get all out that but it's been done to death now. Surely comes a point when you move on don't you think?

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think when someone can't recognise the job he did do, that says a lot. 

Even if people disliked him, thought it was time for him to go, there should still be that basic comprehension of the turn around that happened at the club under him. 

The fact there is not, hmmmm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Just before Nige was sacked, I had a flashback to Paul Simpson pleading for help. People tend to forget just how dire the situation was at that time. No wonder some people hold Nige in high regard. 

Yes , Max , good recall 🔥👍🏻

Says it all really

See , for me , Dicks to the present day he did a job that won’t show on an honours list in terms of a promotion but was as crucial as some of our promotions 

If we’d slid at that point we would have been bemoaning that for probably the next decade whilst we found a GJ or SC to turn the ship around at that level (We average 8 yrs to get out of L1) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I remember Kalas’s interview too.  What did he call it - creeping death or something like that.

The irony of this thread is that we all have our opinions, we all have our biases, but some don’t like to look in the mirror.  I bloody loved Nige, thought he was doing a good job, but brilliant, but importantly I could see the direction of travel.  That might cloud my thoughts on something / someone different, it’s why I’m taking the approach I am with Manning, trying not to let bias creep in.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Get all out that but it's been done to death now. Surely comes a point when you move on don't you think?

We see some bonkers, random, irrelevant threads on here, this was just a simple one enquiring on a former manager, who left us at a point he not well.  I’ve seen plenty worse threads.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Yes I do Super and haven’t compared NP to LM at any point or used him in a debate about Manning

But , for the reasons I’ve indicated above in my posts , I will continue to challenge some of the unappreciative and complete b****** (IMO) thrown in his direction or at supporters who do appreciate , whilst it’s still garbled.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1