IGNORED

Does Nige read OTIB?

JP Hampton

1 hour ago, JP Hampton said:

Well yeah because certain posters can’t help hijacking a perfectly innocent thread about a previous manager. As has been said, if you don’t like the Nige chat, there was a big enough clue in the title to steer clear. 

It’s obvious though certain people are just ready and waiting to pile on. 
Ah feels good to be out of the closet as a Nige lover 😂 and oddly enough whilst still being able to support LM!!

For those of us who have experienced many previous managers who amongst them would you welcome back (theoretically)?

I go back to Fred Ford, but realistically would start with Alan Dicks, would he have deserved a second chance? My view is he and all the others bar one had run their race, and been given a good deal of time and backing to progress the club.

One manager for me stands out as deserving  a second spell, his record first time around in isolation was nothing special, the backdrop was nearly as bad as it gets, we shall never know what might have been had the Lansdowns backed him, and charged him with nominating his successor.

LM deserves a chance and he’ll get it from me, I just hope the powers that be back him in the way they should have backed NP.

Phants and others want  us to move on, sure that’s fine, I have, but only fools forget.

3 hours ago, Countryfile said:

For those of us who have experienced many previous managers who amongst them would you welcome back (theoretically)?

I go back to Fred Ford, but realistically would start with Alan Dicks, would he have deserved a second chance? My view is he and all the others bar one had run their race, and been given a good deal of time and backing to progress the club.

One manager for me stands out as deserving  a second spell, his record first time around in isolation was nothing special, the backdrop was nearly as bad as it gets, we shall never know what might have been had the Lansdowns backed him, and charged him with nominating his successor.

LM deserves a chance and he’ll get it from me, I just hope the powers that be back him in the way they should have backed NP.

Phants and others want  us to move on, sure that’s fine, I have, but only fools forget.

Yes I’d agree. And this idea of “moving on” suggests people are stuck in one place. As far as I’m concerned and from what I’ve seen I can’t see anyone else is stuck either. 

It suggests you haven’t moved on if you still refer back to Nige in any way, in this case even simply wondering how he is!!

Human beings have the ability to remember and learn from mistakes. It’s not really that strange for people to look back and reflect. 

As you’ve said LM will get my full support too and best wishes for success. But that in no way erases my memory about the way NP was sacked and for fans to forget the way the board treated him would, in my opinion, be foolish. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

On 29/02/2024 at 09:40, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's really not. 

Yes we were not in the relegation zone but we were dropping down the table like a lead balloon. Had Holden of remained, had we of gotten the appointment wrong, we'd have gone down. 

3 wins out of 15 wasn't it? Not exactly great