IGNORED

Does Nige read OTIB?

JP Hampton

What an absolutely shit clean up job this is @phantom

The original thread was enquiring about NP's health. It's now been turned into something completely different and all the original hijackers posts have been left in.

Still, let's all forget about what happened and move on eh...

Need a break.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, glynriley said:

What an absolutely shit clean up job this is @phantom

The original thread was enquiring about NP's health. It's now been turned into something completely different and all the original hijackers posts have been left in.

Still, let's all forget about what happened and move on eh...

Need a break.

Thanks for your reply

The original thread, which is under the same name is below - as you can see there were very few actual posts about his health

I posted about Diedhou and there are a number of replies already; does this get moved to Ex-Players?

They player has often been described as universally popular with City fans so i guess it shows the forum to be exactly what we know, ie a very minority sample of people who like to use social media. Diedhou or Ashton or Pearson certainly made his exit a sour matter for BCFC fans and i guess we would all bet differently who should have taken the largest blame. I doubt our last manager comes out of this well and when you watch the highlights of his goals you wonder about Massengo and other departees. One thing for sure is Pearson left us in a total mess up front, not being able to score, having enjoyed the benefits of expensive talent like Scott, Semenyo & Weimann - unforgivable as a coach, IMO

• Facepalm 5

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks….not.  I just typed a long reply to @The Dolman Pragmatist and the thread gets closed whilst it gets cleaned, so I lose my post.

The essence of it was that you look to much at results and league tables, and ignore the context of the situation.

When we beat Brum 3-0 in game 36 of that season we were 13 points off of 6th and 13 points off of 22nd.  Nige basically started the rebuild.  He started working out who he wanted to stay, who he didn’t, who he could get rid of beyond the OOC players.  He experimented.  That was his plan.  The CEO was of course “running towards adversity”!

We had a manager who didn’t give a toss about his own PPG, but one who knew the dangers ahead in 2021-22 season.

But if you want to ignore that, that’s fine.

+++++

OTIBers don’t need to come onto a thread a try to trash him every chance they get.  Show some f++king respect for a bloke who put this club back on the right track.  We’ve got some snide posters on here.

I have the utmost respect for Pearson and always have had.  I was merely commenting on the statement that ‘he saved us from relegation’, which has little substance.

Unlike you to get so personal, Dave.  This forum really is turning into not a very friendly place.

1 minute ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I posted about Diedhou and there are a number of replies already; does this get moved to Ex-Players?

They player has often been described as universally popular with City fans so i guess it shows the forum to be exactly what we know, ie a very minority sample of people who like to use social media. Diedhou or Ashton or Pearson certainly made his exit a sour matter for BCFC fans and i guess we would all bet differently who should have taken the largest blame. I doubt our last manager comes out of this well and when you watch the highlights of his goals you wonder about Massengo and other departees. One thing for sure is Pearson left us in a total mess up front, not being able to score, having enjoyed the benefits of expensive talent like Scott, Semenyo & Weimann - unforgivable as a coach, IMO

Genuinely incapable of posting without making a show of yourself aren’t you. You must be due a decent one soon, surely..

How the **** does Nigel Pearson take any blame for what happened during the last six months of Diedhiou’s time here? **** me, that might be the worst attempt at finding something to criticise Pearson yet.

The ‘mess’ upfront that he apparently created, slightly more difficult when you’re not allowed to spend 5 million on a centre forward isn’t it, includes of course giving a debut to Tommy Conway that under our previous manager used to look a good player. Rather than the shadow of himself he now looks.

There are accusations, possibly with some truth, people on this forum keep bringing things back to Nigel Pearson. It would be much easier for this to not be the case if we didn’t have to read utter ******* rubbish attempting to criticise the very good job he did.

Absolutely no way anyone in their right mind ever considered Diedhiou ‘universally popular’ either, one of the most highly debated City players, in pubs, at the game, on social media and on this forum that I can ever remember. 

• Flames 7

18 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

One thing for sure is LANSDOWNS left us in a total mess up front, not being able to score, having enjoyed the benefits of expensive talent like Scott, Semenyo & Weimann - unforgivable as a BOARD, IMO

corrected for you

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I have the utmost respect for Pearson and always have had.  I was merely commenting on the statement that ‘he saved us from relegation’, which has little substance.

In what way do you have the upmost respect for him?  Because your original post infers anything but.  But hey-ho, we can all read into stuff differently. 👍🏻

FWIW, my draft reply to you before the “cleanse” was much softer, but I wasn’t in the mood to type it all again!

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Unlike you to get so personal, Dave.  This forum really is turning into not a very friendly place.

You ain’t wrong, on both points.  I stay pretty balanced most of the time, reign in how I’d really like to react to some of the nasty, shit, I read…but sometimes I can’t not.

+++++

(this break is because the next bit isn’t aimed at you)

+++++

There are a very small number of complete ****s on this forum, and their involvement in threads tends to drag it off piste, downhill, descending into slagging off other posters, rather than discussing the subject.  In an ideal world, I’d just put them on ignore, but I still get to see their quotes, so I might as well not bother.

If there was a way of stopping seeing their quotes I would.

+++++

And the above is not to confuse with those posters who can have a polar opposite view to me on certain things, but I can have a good ole debate with.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks….not.  I just typed a long reply to @The Dolman Pragmatist and the thread gets closed whilst it gets cleaned, so I lose my post.

The essence of it was that you look to much at results and league tables, and ignore the context of the situation.

When we beat Brum 3-0 in game 36 of that season we were 13 points off of 6th and 13 points off of 22nd.  Nige basically started the rebuild.  He started working out who he wanted to stay, who he didn’t, who he could get rid of beyond the OOC players.  He experimented.  That was his plan.  The CEO was of course “running towards adversity”!

We had a manager who didn’t give a toss about his own PPG, but one who knew the dangers ahead in 2021-22 season.

But if you want to ignore that, that’s fine.

+++++

OTIBers don’t need to come onto a thread a try to trash him every chance they get.  Show some f++king respect for a bloke who put this club back on the right track.  We’ve got some snide posters on here.

Superb post Dave

And I’d add to your summary 

Whilst not in the best of personal health’ 

Let’s not forget this guy had a serious bout of Co-Vid , not quite Cotts serious , but not a million miles away, besides his back issues.

For the majority of his time got on with the messy job without a hint of a moan and any irritation came only , when I’d suggest he felt he’d earnt the right , and got the Club into a situation , where he , and his staff , deserved a bit of backing and it didn’t come 

In fact what he got was digs and criticism from JL and I’d assume Tinnion about King etc etc

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Superb post Dave

And I’d add to your summary 

Whilst not in the best of personal health’ 

Let’s not forget this guy had a serious bout of Co-Vid , not quite Cotts serious , but not a million miles away, besides his back issues.

For the majority of his time got on with the messy job without a hint of a moan and any irritation came only , when I’d suggest he felt he’d earnt the right , and got the Club into a situation , where he , and his staff , deserved a bit of backing and it didn’t come 

In fact what he got was digs and criticism from JL and I’d assume Tinnion about King etc etc

From his own website 😁 Which I agree with...Manning's gotta find another 20 points from somewhere 🤣🙈

Nominated for Championship Manager of the Month for February 2023
• Significantly reduced the squad budget, enabling the club to be FFP compliant
• Introduced a number of academy products in to the side including Alex Scott, Sam Bell, Tommy Conway, while helping to increase the overall squad value and reduce the average age
• First profitable sales in years: Antoine Semenyo to Bournemouth for £10.5m and Alex Scott to Bournemouth for £25m
• Two comfortable mid-table finishes building a platform for the club to progress
• Once coaching team departed, we left the club in 11th place in the EFL Championship, on course to finish on 64 points for the 2023/24 season, showing further improvement on previous campaigns
• Reached the landmark of 600 games as a manager

I have a reliable track record of helping to build successful teams, revitalising clubs who have previously struggled, whilst helping to reduce overall squad salary and promoting and recruiting young, talented footballers.

Edited by spudski
  • Like 3
  • Robin 2

51 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Oh my word

One of  the most hilarious and deluded posts I’ve ever read on here

I will add Completely Bizarre 

Wow

Talk about a weird and twisted agenda 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spudski said:

From his own website 😁 Which I agree with...

Nominated for Championship Manager of the Month for February 2023
• Significantly reduced the squad budget, enabling the club to be FFP compliant
• Introduced a number of academy products in to the side including Alex Scott, Sam Bell, Tommy Conway, while helping to increase the overall squad value and reduce the average age
• First profitable sales in years: Antoine Semenyo to Bournemouth for £10.5m and Alex Scott to Bournemouth for £25m
• Two comfortable mid-table finishes building a platform for the club to progress
• Once coaching team departed, we left the club in 11th place in the EFL Championship, on course to finish on 64 points for the 2023/24 season, showing further improvement on previous campaigns
• Reached the landmark of 600 games as a manager

I have a reliable track record of helping to build successful teams, revitalising clubs who have previously struggled, whilst helping to reduce overall squad salary and promoting and recruiting young, talented footballers.

An impressive record whilst at City but despite that him clashing with JL cost him his job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear All

Just got up and not sure what’s gone on here. 

When I went to bed there was a thread started regarding Nigel Pearson and how his health was.

Now there are two threads people getting shitty with each other and some very obvious posts deleted/missing. 

All very odd! 

Have Bristol Sport infiltrated OTIB and FBC?

Sound of the City is an apology of a show now as well too. 

Am I getting paranoid?

Thanks for any help 

REDOXO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Heyyyyyy. I’m on Monday.  Apologies in advance! 🤣🤣🤣

Dave. You could not possibly be worse than this week!

Well I guess you could! 😂 

Hopefully the team give you something positive to say and they reverse the presenters charisma bypass operation in time! 

I look forward (as another regular on here does) to the shout out for the Milwaukee branch! 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

With respect, when Holden was sacked we had 39 points from 30 games and were closer to the play offs than the relegation zone.  After he was sacked, we took 12 points from our remaining 16 games (W3 D3 L10), including 0 wins, 3 draws and 7 defeats in our last ten games.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t have been a change of manager, Holden was after all on a poor run of six defeats in all competitions, but the notion that Pearson saved us from relegation is far-fetched in the extreme.  Only 44 points were needed to avoid relegation that season and we already had 39 when Holden was sacked so we actually only needed 5 more points to be safe.   What happened was that our position deteriorated considerably after Holden was sacked, but thankfully not enough to see us relegated.  

Needed 5and actually got 12.

Not only that, 6 points from the first 2 games and 9 points from the first 5, putting us on 48 points with 10 games to go.

Something changed qute dramatically - we'd previously had 6 straght defeats.

So when you say "our position deteriorated considerably after Holden was sacked, but thankfully not enough to see us relegated", well, that's misleading because the way things were going with Holden, relegation was a distinct possibility, whereas within 5 games Pearson had put that to bed.

And those last 7 games you mention, looking to the future, gave debuts to Tommy Conway, Alex Scott, maybe more?

Sort of demonstrates why many of us could see what he was doing, steadily building.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

With respect, when Holden was sacked we had 39 points from 30 games and were closer to the play offs than the relegation zone.  After he was sacked, we took 12 points from our remaining 16 games (W3 D3 L10), including 0 wins, 3 draws and 7 defeats in our last ten games.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t have been a change of manager, Holden was after all on a poor run of six defeats in all competitions, but the notion that Pearson saved us from relegation is far-fetched in the extreme.  Only 44 points were needed to avoid relegation that season and we already had 39 when Holden was sacked so we actually only needed 5 more points to be safe.   What happened was that our position deteriorated considerably after Holden was sacked, but thankfully not enough to see us relegated.  

I will never forget the game before Pearson came in.

We played Barnsley at home, barely got out of our half and had our club captain in tears at the end of the game. If we only needed 5 more to be points to be safe then we probably would have got them somehow over 16 games, but Pearson came in and got them straightaway. He definitely saved us at least from any sign of a relegation battle.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I will never forget the game before Pearson came in.

We played Barnsley at home, barely got out of our half and had our club captain in tears at the end of the game. If we only needed 5 more to be points to be safe then we probably would have got them somehow over 16 games, but Pearson came in and got them straightaway. He definitely saved us at least from any sign of a relegation battle.

Barnsley was the game before the game before he came in. He took charge for Swansea, not Boro and got 6 points over his first 4 games (WLLW) to get us to 48 points.

He did a fine job but tbh we'd have likely been safe whoever came in.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Barnsley was the game before the game before he came in. He took charge for Swansea, not Boro and got 6 points over his first 4 games (WLLW) to get us to 48 points.

He did a fine job but tbh we'd have likely been safe whoever came in.

Ok he was in the stands at Boro, which knowing the character of the man was enough of a boost for the players to put in a very very good performance, night and day from the Barnsley game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super said:

Absolutely but it was pretty obvious what it was going to turn into.

Well yeah because certain posters can’t help hijacking a perfectly innocent thread about a previous manager. As has been said, if you don’t like the Nige chat, there was a big enough clue in the title to steer clear. 

It’s obvious though certain people are just ready and waiting to pile on. 
Ah feels good to be out of the closet as a Nige lover 😂 and oddly enough whilst still being able to support LM!!

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't believe this.

We went

LOSE

LOSE

LOSE 

LOSE 6-0

LOSE Holden sacked

LOSE 1-0 Couldn't get out of our half, player in tears

Nigel appointed as manager 22nd February Pearson joins Robins as manager - Bristol City FC (bcfc.co.uk)

WIN 23rd February

You think the win was just a random coincidence? 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He was definitely in the stands at Boro before he became manager. 

Im not sure you might be mistaking the post. 

The bit I don't believe is that "the character of the man was enough of a boost for the players to put in a very very good performance". If his mere aura and presence alone caused the win then why did we ever lose under Pearson?

He was a good manager for us. He was vastly better than Holden. He improved us greatly from an incredibly low point. He did that under tough circumstances. He seems to be a nice bloke.

But this notion of him as a messianic figure who transformed our squad through simple adjacency is a myth that gets peddled on here.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

You think the win was just a random coincidence? 😂

See above. And check the games after that, for which he was also present in the stands - very high up in the stands for many of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

The bit I don't believe is that "the character of the man was enough of a boost for the players to put in a very very good performance". If his mere aura and presence alone caused the win then why did we ever lose under Pearson?

He was a good manager for us. He was vastly better than Holden. He improved us greatly from an incredibly low point. He did that under tough circumstances. He seems to be a nice bloke.

But this notion of him as a messianic figure who transformed our squad through simple adjacency is a myth that gets peddled on here.

See above. And check the games after that, for which he was also present in the stands - very high up in the stands for many of them.

Agh I see what you are referring too

As I responded I’ll chuck in my tuppence. I would suggest the new manager bounce is a thing, we have all seen it a thousand times. So initially I would suggest his mere presence was a thing. 

Not sure about messianic (I didn’t even know that was a word until now) figure. However he did transform the club through sheer bloody hard work and experience. His presence comes as a given. 😝 

My personal opinion is our best manager since AD that has once again fallen foul of the idiocy that has surrounded our club since HD died.

Why we just can’t get out of our own way as a club I don’t know, and why we can’t change that no matter what happens is soul destroying. I think that goes someway toward why it seems so many are appalled by what’s happened again! 

Managers come and go but it is rare that supporters are overwhelmingly appalled by a sacking. I can’t think of anything like this at any other club. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1