IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match thread

Deserves a 0-0. Both sides poor when they have half a chance, wet surface, poor atmosphere for Cardiff.

Good 10 minute spell early on but nothing since then really. One of those we have got used to conceding in then creating nothing.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

No risk taking, means very little emotion, we're robotic, Cardiff are Robotic until they catch us with a bad pass. The football on display is the cause behind this. We're toothless on the ball, no players willing to take a pass and turn and run towards goal meaning it's that same old robotic passing patterns.
We started off stronger but Cardiff are now comfortable with our build-up passing and we're not mixing it up making it predictable and boring to watch. Our only real chances are coming from loose deflections/ passes that we're picking up on and attacking directly. If we can't adapt when our opponents figure us out and set up accordingly then we're going to have more QPR/Wednesday-like games, more frustrated fans and thus no real atmosphere.

From the opening 40 minutes this game rides on which team gets the lucky disposes and capitalises on it. 

Yep think that’s we’re getting and we’d better get used to it. Started well. Wells MOTM, but momentum has been lost over the 45 mins. 

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Behave.  Up until the early naughties nothing had an edge like this one. The centre took on an almost oppressive air to it. 

Post rebrand, yeah, it’s certainly not what it was. 

You might be right. I was only a teenager then so don’t particularly remember anything prior to the 2003 play off games, which certainly were big - but then any play off game would be. I was in the home end for the first leg! 😱

But certainly in more recent times, it doesn’t seem to match the hype. The games don’t sell out at either stadium. In reality, the Swansea game matters a lot more to them and a Rovers game would matter a lot more to us. If we were playing them today, the atmosphere would be a world apart from this.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s always been overhyped as a derby I think. The fact that the fixture almost never sells out tells you how much it really matters.

Well that certainly hasn't been the case in the past. There used to be a cracking atmosphere both home and away. And it meant a lot to players and supporters. But the effect of Manningball is like  an anaesthetic. No fire , no passion on the pitch.

When you only play with one striker what does anyone expect? Minimal service and I don’t see us getting much joy from corners as they have Dickie tightly marked. Has 0-0 written all over it. Happy to be proven wrong but I doubt it!

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

Well that certainly hasn't been the case in the past. There used to be a cracking atmosphere both home and away. And it meant a lot to players and supporters. But the effect of Manningball is like  an anaesthetic. No fire , no passion on the pitch.

But are the behaviours right?

• Like 1