IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match thread

2 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

I’m afraid you will be in for a treat today….check our recent form. I don’t think we’ve played well since we beat you at home, and I’m not joking. Ramsey and o dowda not played all season almost. Grant is out….we can’t score for shit. 2.0

Sounds like two well matched teams

Two below midtable teams with similar records, a local derby which will increase the tension and mistakes especially with the poor weather. Cardiff are 5hit and we don't play a system that benefits any of our strikers.

We are due a win, not because its Cardiff, but more to to with our disappointingly average seasonal record.

They will sit in and frustrate & then break out to look to win the game later on when they realise we can't play against these types of teams.

I hope I'm wrong but its heading for a drab 0:0.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Two below midtable teams with similar records, a local derby which will increase the tension and mistakes especially with the poor weather. Cardiff are 5hit and we don't play a system that benefits any of our strikers.

We are due a win, not because its Cardiff, but more to to with our disappointingly average seasonal record.

They will sit in and frustrate & then break out to look to win the game later on when they realise we can't play against these types of teams.

I hope I'm wrong but its heading for a drab 0:0.

Really selling it! 

2 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Really selling it! 

Just seeing it as it really is. For it to be any different will be down to Manning's coaching technique. I am really looking forward to how he sets up the team and, more importantly, the decisions he makes during matches. He talks a lot about behaviours and today, with the chips down after a couple of poor performances, a local derby, another opposition team who will sit in, yet another chance to show his coaching credentials. To be a successful coach at this level you have to be able to be flexible &  overcome different styles. Its not just a one dimensional possession based game.

I have my doubts.

• Like 1

Spoke to Cardiff mate - I said we’re hit and miss at moment and he said they’re mostly miss - would be happy with a draw. 

Really good chance today to get a confidence boosting win and shut the likes of me up for a few days!

COYR!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1
8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Spoke to Cardiff mate - I said we’re hit and miss at moment and he said they’re mostly miss - would be happy with a draw. 

Really good chance today to get a confidence boosting win and shut the likes of me up for a few days!

COYR!!!!

You're being too realistic. Don't you know that will not go down well on here!

• Haha 1

I don't like that starting line up, I know Tanner has been good but I do like McCrorie however King, TGH and Williams in midfield is dire. 

If Williams can't find his form today and King is not at his best I feel like we'll get over run in the middle far too easily. I honestly have very little excitement for this match atm. 

• Sad 1
Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

And 4 of those are forwards? Highlights the paper thin squad I guess

Highlights that LM isn't interesting in given Academy players a chance, he had Nelson (who is surely worth a go) on the bench 4 or 5 times but never gave him a minute of game time preferring to waste money on Mebude instead. LM is a disaster appointment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1