IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ..... this isn't going well is it?

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The only additional piece I’d add is that on the Pod (and indicated above) was a feeling that the next two games are critical. Why? If we beat what is a generally poor Swansea side it is the definition of papering over the cracks (albeit a step up from yesterday), and I think everyone sees Ipswich as a bit of a free hit in terms of points expectations.

Does (say) four points from those two games really change anything if the behaviours and processes are so ingrained by now, and have become less effective over time?

I hate this “he needs to win the next one or he’s in trouble” piece. Look at the collective. There have been 20 plus games (ok only one poor one…) - if your window cleaner was shit most weeks  for four months you wouldn’t let him off because he made the glass shiny once. 

We’ve got enough of a sample size now. Two games shouldn’t make or break the decision.

I’ve never understood the mantra of he needs x from the next game(s).  That’s just an unnecessary noose put round someone’s neck.  But that’s just me.

For me I’m happy to give someone time until I’m not.  And I hit that point yesterday.

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If Lee Johnson is as appointed till the end of the season and we didn’t go down, I assume that those who believe we are in a relegation battle would credit him with saving our season! 

That’s a bizarre scenario and more bizarre way of making it a binary answer!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

If Lee Johnson is as appointed till the end of the season and we didn’t go down, I assume that those who believe we are in a relegation battle would credit him with saving our season! 

Eh?

36 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Drinking on a Sunday is never a wise move 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve never understood the mantra of he needs x from the next game(s).  That’s just an unnecessary noose put round someone’s neck.  But that’s just me.

For me I’m happy to give someone time until I’m not.  And I hit that point yesterday.

That’s a bizarre scenario and more bizarre way of making it a binary answer!

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

Eh?

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Drinking on a Sunday is never a wise move 

My point is we have a situation now where people are saying we are in a relegation battle when we aren’t in order use it against a manager they don’t like. If we then employed another manager and we didn’t go down, it stands to reason they would say that the manager saved us from relegation. Except if that was ANOTHER manager they didn’t like who did it!  

By all means criticise Manning but faux relegation battles are ridiculous 

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

My point is we have a situation now where people are saying we are in a relegation battle when we aren’t in order use it against a manager they don’t like. If we then employed another manager and we didn’t go down, it stands to reason they would say that the manager saved us from relegation. Except if that was ANOTHER manager they didn’t like who did it!  

My comment isn’t directed at Manning , we’re in the shit by the doing of those at the top of this club. Should we even be discussing the prospect of relegation absolutely not. Clearly you believe we won’t get drawn into a battle of survival , so simple question where do we pick up the points required? 

• Flames 1

Just now, daored said:

My comment isn’t directed at Manning , we’re in the shit by the doing of those at the top of this club. Should we even be discussing the prospect of relegation absolutely not. Clearly you believe we won’t get drawn into a battle of survival , so simple question where do we pick up the points required? 

This is the championship and anything can happen. There’s no point in guessing results. So many times on here over the years posts of “i don’t know where the next win is coming from” have been followed up by a win. 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This is the championship and anything can happen. There’s no point in guessing results. So many times on here over the years posts of “i don’t know where the next win is coming from” have been followed up by a win. 

And I agree with that comment , but for me looking at our players arguing with each other , reaction at full time yesterday and last week in Sheffield - do we have the fight ?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

The only additional piece I’d add is that on the Pod (and indicated above) was a feeling that the next two games are critical. Why? If we beat what is a generally poor Swansea side it is the definition of papering over the cracks (albeit a step up from yesterday), and I think everyone sees Ipswich as a bit of a free hit in terms of points expectations.

Does (say) four points from those two games really change anything if the behaviours and processes are so ingrained by now, and have become less effective over time?

I hate this “he needs to win the next one or he’s in trouble” piece. Look at the collective. There have been 20 plus games (ok only one poor one…) - if your window cleaner was shit most weeks  for four months you wouldn’t let him off because he made the glass shiny once. 

We’ve got enough of a sample size now. Two games shouldn’t make or break the decision.

Yes I agree with that. However I think there are many who think he needs more time (I am not one of them) and as such want to extend his opportunity!

But also many of those fear a relegation Battle (this includes uncle Steve). Thus this Tuesday is huge for him and Tinman as if we look like ass and get beat playing crap football again the contingency action will likely start being reviewed. 

37 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We are six points above the relegation zone 23rd out of 24 on current form and plummeting!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We are six points above the relegation zone 23rd out of 24 on current form and plummeting!

Last 5 games we are 13th. 

6 points yes but lots of teams.  Do you not accept that 6 points where we are and 6 points if we were 21st are completely different?   

Saturday was the first time I've had an issue with Manning's management. Up to now I've argued that we can see the differences and improvements in the way we been playing with the exception of decision making in the final phase of play. Obviously there are some small things within that like the tempo with which we move the ball around the back line from one side to the other but blimey we've been guilty of that under as many managers as I can remember and I'm going back to the late 80's.

Yesterday however what we saw was a lack of ideas, a system not working and unable to break down Cardiff's deep defence. Like for like subs that don't change anything and no plan for changing our style to affect the game. 

Hopefully this will be the catalyst for a proper investigation by LM and his team to see what we can do better and implement it.

Personally i believe we'll be ok and will be better next season however if we continue in the current form and results then anything including the worst possible of outcomes will come very much into the reckoning and Manning may not get to fully implement his plans next season.

4 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Genuine question, why is this *** tolerated?

Is there a view that he is good for viewing figures?

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why isn’t that idiot shut down . Why is he even tolerated on the podcast. He chats complete bollocks but thinks he’s the sage. He’s a know nothing now it all . Why encourage it 

He is like a talentless Chris Sutton, Brian Moore or Micheal Vaughan.

The trend to put someone in who is contrary and controversial - I’m sure the pod host knows that and that’s why he’s there. IMO he added nothing else for me today, just comes across as someone who is that dangerous mix of arrogant and ignorant. The ultimate know it all, out of touch, old idiot in the pub. Sorry if that’s too personal. 

But ultimately there are almost as many posts on this thread about Ian Gay than not….so from a ‘click’ perspective…

I watched for the first time out of interest today, I won’t watch again if that Ian is on - but if they do without him I’d tune in personally. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

He is like a talentless Chris Sutton, Brian Moore or Micheal Vaughan.

The trend to put someone in who is contrary and controversial - I’m sure the pod host knows that and that’s why he’s there. IMO he added nothing else for me today, just comes across as someone who is that dangerous mix of arrogant and ignorant. The ultimate know it all, out of touch, old idiot in the pub. Sorry if that’s too personal. 

But ultimately there are almost as many posts on this thread about Ian Gay than not….so from a ‘click’ perspective…

I watched for the first time out of interest today, I won’t watch again if that Ian is on - but if they do without him I’d tune in personally. 

I’m on Wednesday morning (after Ipswich).  I wish I’d been on this morning.  Especially having my name called out “on air” re my position that I’d sack Manning.  I’d like to have explained myself.  Not that I’m not comfortable with my reasons.

I’m on SOTC tomorrow evening, I’ve no idea what questions will be thrown at me, or what opportunity I’ll get to expand my reasons.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

6 points yes but lots of teams.  Do you not accept that 6 points where we are and 6 points if we were 21st are completely different?   

I accept what I said. Thats on us and we have to do is pick up points but Our team is awful at the moment.

You said we are not in a relegation battle if I remember correctly and right now I think you are wrong regardless of how condensed the bottom of the division is with top six teams. 😂 

Who can see where points are coming from when we are this bad.

You can put arguments forward I accept that but over 10 games we are 23rd out of 24 that was stated today on FBC. That is our current form, we all hope we can put in another Southampton display or just grind out points but some below are putting together a run thus the gap is closing. 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think I was alone, plenty of others appreciated the work Nige, his staff and the players were doing under difficult circumstances.

Yep, it didn’t take him long to fall-back on his excuses.

His football opinion is stuck in the 1980s.  He needs to go away, read, watch some modern day football, digest it, understand it, then return.  It’s so base.  It’s why he can’t see further than the inside of his source’s ass.

+++++

@headhunter was a great pod though, absolute carnage in some respects, but I set my alarm for this, but need not have worried, I was awake.

@Curr Avon well done for actually trying to give some football answers, rather than Ian just making excuses.

Do you think there is any merit when it comes to one player on a post?

I've always felt that two is too many! But one on the back post surely has some merit.

Reason - 

1 = the man they leave back.

And you're still covered for a short corner.

Simeone was one of the first i believe to look at the stats behind players on posts and decided it had no value. It was some what ironic it came back to haunt him in the biggest game of his managerial life.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m on SOTC tomorrow evening, I’ve no idea what questions will be thrown at me, or what opportunity I’ll get to expand my reasons.

They should get Manning on to challenge you to a live, on air, "Office" duel; your spreadsheets versus his presentations, 1st one to get blue circle of death loses. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m on Wednesday morning (after Ipswich).  I wish I’d been on this morning.  Especially having my name called out “on air” re my position that I’d sack Manning.  I’d like to have explained myself.  Not that I’m not comfortable with my reasons.

Not just called out on air fella but referred to as “your mate Dave Fevs” to Headhunter. 😂 

It’s ok Dave I still like you! 

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes noticed that - low blow considering you’re not there to defend.

Maybe I’ll have a listen on Wednesday

Good pod today to take part in. Almost went into 2 hours ( probably too long, apologies to @Curr Avon's wife...😂.

Thomas and I were on our way back from the Sheffield game, so couldn't be on the previous week. I'd heard from @headhunter that it got a bit heated and David doubled down with the F bomb today 🤣.

I hope we came across as passionate, but measured and with the ability to make comments based on factually correct statistics.

Thomas is still in rehab after his ankle operation in late November, but from being in an Academy himself is able to not only relate to the coaching methods on show, but also potentially the lack of man management taking place.

As I said on the Pod, the Swansea game is a crossroads for me. If we can get a performance and 3 points it'll be massive. Lose the next 2 and then WBA away and Leicester at home; whilst probably being 3 points or less off 22nd. Tough times and I haven't seen anything from Manning yet that he is up for the fight.

The time for banal phrases and words is over. We need to see action on the pitch. Over to you Manning and Hogg.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Pretty sure the gas were just as complacent when they ended up tumbling out the league. Our league form is awful and a few of those below have picked up results. Whilst it may seem unlikely, it can’t be ruled out.  

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You know you’ve been sold a pup, when you resort to this.

I think he includes me as one of those.

He never has any answers other than petty retorts or to change the angle of the question.

Ian Gay is quite a sad individual. I was actually concerned for his health after reading comments earlier in this thread. As soon as I was made aware that his health was fine, I commented on X, for him to 'stop making excuses' for manning. He replied 'stop following me'...OMG, the bloke is a child with an old face 😂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Ian Gay is quite a sad individual. I was actually concerned for his health after reading comments earlier in this thread. As soon as I was made aware that his health was fine, I commented on X, for him to 'stop making excuses' for manning. He replied 'stop following me'...OMG, the bloke is a child with an old face 😂

he's locked his tweets now so I can't comment on them Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

he's locked his tweets now so I can't comment on them Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

After I advised him, I would be unfollowing him, he then blocked me from reading his account😂 - oh the important one😂

Screenshot_20240302_204859_X.jpg

• Facepalm 1

Most, if not all, that listen to him on the pod, would probably 'previously' acknowledge that 25% of his input is valuable. 

He's lost the plot and even my son and nephew have commented recently, that his views are uncredible and he's actually embarrassing himself on a weekly basis. Poor lad. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t follow him, I don’t lock my account (no need to), so will be interesting if he chips into my threads like he has been doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Most, if not all, that listen to him on the pod, would probably 'previously' acknowledge that 25% of his input is valuable. 

He's lost the plot and even my son and nephew have commented recently, that his views are uncredible and he's actually embarrassing himself on a weekly basis. Poor lad. 

yes, so many times today he waffled, spoke a lot, and said absolutely nothing of worth

Just now, Davefevs said:

I don’t follow him, I don’t lock my account (no need to), so will be interesting if he chips into my threads like he has been doing.

Little does he realise I have 20 twitter accounts to access his nonsense content. He's like Bristol Rovers...he keeps giving....😂

• Haha 1