IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ..... this isn't going well is it?

30 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

Lets clear out players like j dasilva and kasey palmer after all they are only getting regular games for coventry.

JD was the VFM signing - if ever there was one - from Chelsea. Solid defender, good technical control, and if he could cross a decent ball in then he'd have been worth keeping if we could afford his wage demands.

KP45 never fit in a NP team. Would be the type of player to suit LM though.

Just a few of things from me fwiw. Ian told us the way that purchasing players is handled. 
 Players are scouted and put to the manager, Ian suggested 5 players, so we’ll go with that. The manager/head coach then chooses which of those 5 he wants. 
  That actually tells us quite a lot. So what if none of those players are what the manager wants? Could this answer Ian’s claim that Pearson was offered players, but apparently didn’t want them?

The common denominator here is, that it’s not actually the manager signing off on players of his, actual choosing, not in any real sense. The choices have been made for him, so he has no choice but to accept that. 
 We also know from the players that were signed under NP, that some of those choices then were League 1 players, would he really have signed those above some championship players? I can’t believe that for a second. 
 When the budget only allows for a certain level of player, your hands are very much tied. If NP really wanted Mehmeti why did her rarely play him?

I think the other big take away is Ian often says “we know that’s true because BT said so”. It’s just a shame we don’t have anyone else’s “truth” than BT to compare it with.

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1

Just cant take Ian seriously when hes commenting complete bollocks.

Screenshot2024-03-03130817.png.766a878adc5d523d25ce0418be32c23b.pngScreenshot2024-03-03130435.png.7ad62188efbf124c17759ff81534377e.png

Sure thing Ian - who said they had a plan when if Scott left? - Pearson.

Instead we loan in TGH - complete failure in recruitment - and that rests squarely at Tinnion's door.

"Didn't sort out the financial mess", **** me sideways.

• Like 3
  • Flames 5

30 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Screenshot2024-03-03130817.png.766a878adc5d523d25ce0418be32c23b.pngScreenshot2024-03-03130435.png.7ad62188efbf124c17759ff81534377e.png

Instead we loan in TGH - complete failure in recruitment - and that rests squarely at Tinnion's door.

TGH was only allowed to happen when it came to light how serious McCrorie’s illness was, and even then it was a real plead for it to be allowed. 

Had McCrorie not been ill, TGH wouldn’t be here

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

TGH was only allowed to happen when it came to light how serious McCrorie’s illness was, and even then it was a real plead for it to be allowed. 

Had McCrorie not been ill, TGH wouldn’t be here

Even worse recruitment then, as TGH was as good at RB as I am at Salsa dancing.

I like him, but his position sense and concentration need massive work across the pitch.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Ian would.be better off admitting he was wrong about NP. He is starting to.sound like one of those Tory MPs sent out to defend the indefensible on breakfast news shows. NP may have signed off on players but he can only sign off on what he is offered and told we can afford. To be fair the players we have signed have not all been bad signings. RA, Sykes, Knight. Dickie, Tanner are all decent enough for what we paid. Our problem seems to be the more they are coached the worse they are getting.... 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Ian accusing people of wanting Manning to fail. 

What a total dick.

The problem is whether people “want it” or not he IS failing. I don’t think people do want it either, speaking for myself I’d be far happier with seven points from the last three and challenging at the right end. Even four points and safe bar the shouting would have done tbf. As it is we’ve gone 15 points above relegation places to 6 in the space of a fortnight. So what has happened in a fortnight that is suddenly the previous manager’s fault?

• Like 3
  • Flames 4

36 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Ian accusing people of wanting Manning to fail. 

What a total dick.

You know you’ve been sold a pup, when you resort to this.

I think he includes me as one of those.

He never has any answers other than petty retorts or to change the angle of the question.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The problem is whether people “want it” or not he IS failing. I don’t think people do want it either, speaking for myself I’d be far happier with seven points from the last three and challenging at the right end. Even four points and safe bar the shouting would have done tbf. As it is we’ve gone 15 points above relegation places to 6 in the space of a fortnight. So what has happened in a fortnight that is suddenly the previous manager’s fault?

Yep, his comments have no logic.

What has happened in the last few weeks, is his methods have been exposed.  His way of wanting to play doesn’t work at this level…and also with the calibre of players he’s ever gonna have at this club.  It’s flawed.

So how do I account for Boro or Southampton, you big hypocrite Fevs?

Simply, we played two teams that over-commit players positionally and we gambled on them not taking their chances (decent volumes / low quality) whilst we maximised chances on the counter (and press) and set-pieces.

(we narrowly lost the xG in both those games but that isn’t something to use as defence)

So why didn’t we do that in the last 3 games?

Because those teams don’t overcommit.  And therefore playing Manningball doesn’t work.

Might it work against Ipswich?

Possibly.  Every game is a new opportunity.

Som in summary, we are dictated by the way our opponents play in the main.  That’s a recipe for a downward trend.

30 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Ian would.be better off admitting he was wrong about NP. He is starting to.sound like one of those Tory MPs sent out to defend the indefensible on breakfast news shows. 

“As I wandered through the High Performance Centre I tripped on a stray cone and I regret to say a part of my body accidentally entered him”

IMG_0510.jpeg

• Haha 10

Why did the show seem unanimous Twine plays. What has a done to be an automatic starter. We have barely seen him! 

Not sure he’s not but no one said why. Who is he better than and what does he add that’s better or different. You can’t all just agree with each other without a rationale…  

We are inconsistent, but this isn’t inconsistency it’s just slow boring rubbish. Way to many excuses for garbage particularly by one contributor justifying Manning on the basis we are always the same!!

Pearson apparently did stuff by accident! We were shit with no money  when he came in. Now we have a boatload!

These players don’t want to play at the moment it appears

semenyo has just scored by the way!

PS THE TOM KID MAKES YOUR SHOW! He seems the only one that sees sometimes (please stop Ian from trying to break in when he’s talking)

Mini Me (sorry can’t remember his name no insult meant) was spot on with his review of what Mr Manning is trying to implement mid season with someone else’s players and failing  with no idea what to do alternatively 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

See he has protected his tweets again now. Prob getting some grief on there.

Amazing how he attracts so much grief eh 

Ran from here , blocking everyone on X

Might be to do with the complete nonsense he loudly shouts and the completely obnoxious and embarrassing way he behaves

• Like 1

@headhunter I agree with you regarding the manager and senior Pros. It’s only a conspiracy theory, if you haven’t any evidence. The evidence is on the field!

BTW The squad is good enough to play in the Championship!

It is not an appropriate squad to play the way Manning wants to play. You can’t mix the questions as it plays into people’s hands wanting to exonerate Tinnion and Manning!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

@headhunter I agree with you regarding the manager and senior Pros. It’s only a conspiracy theory, if you haven’t any evidence. The evidence is on the field!

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room. I don’t like that term anyway. I just think the players are trying to do what he wants, it’s just that what he wants is flawed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is a good group of pros. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room. I don’t like that term anyway. I just think the players are trying to do what he wants, it’s just that what he wants is flawed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t disagree Dave but they are not doing it. That’s clear.

If you’re a senior pro it’s bound to have an effect. Hopefully the mere accusation/question will put a few on notice. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Players ‘Disengaged’ / ‘unconvinced’ , / not buying in

Maybe ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Just seeing the text stuff in the last few mins.

Ian like a big baby - “Nigel Pearson fanboys”, that’s all he can use to rationalise his outdated views on football. 

The only times where people lose credibility is when they criticise Manning for something that they didn’t criticise Pearson for. Not filling the subs bench is one. 

38 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The only times where people lose credibility is when they criticise Manning for something that they didn’t criticise Pearson for. Not filling the subs bench is one. 

I agree in general. However I think the difference in someways is we were playing youngster from U21s under Pearson, because at times we had to. Cardiff away is a case in point. Those same players can’t even get on the bench now. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Players ‘Disengaged’ / ‘unconvinced’ , / not buying in

Maybe ? 

I dunno.  I don’t see lack of effort

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree in general. However I think the difference in someways is we were playing youngster from U21s under Pearson, because at times we had to. Cardiff away is a case in point. Those same players can’t even get on a short bench now. 

Yeah, and as I said earlier / yesterday, I’m not an advocate of filling it for filling its sake either.  Sometimes you find out someone you thought wasn’t ready, can cope…and of course vice-versa.  It’s not something I’m gonna criticise per se, it’s something to ask why - to which we got an answer.  But u18s FAYC was a herring approaching the colour of red, when there are players with first team experience in the u21s.

I watched until the end and made a couple of running comments above

A couple of extra comments 

Do the FBC team really think we would be in a relegation battle if Nigel Pearson and the players and style would not have been truncated

i agree with @Davefevs and @headhunter that I would twist now. 

Controversially I also agree with Headhunter that King James Naismith and Wells would get a tune out of our team to do enough to keep us up

I completely agree with @Curr Avon that no one wanted Manning to fail but there is an element of wanting to stick it to JL SL BT right now for so many bad decisions. 

I don’t agree it was the time to sack Pearson. Last summer was, but once they had decided not to they had to stick with it and back him. But they decided to stick with him and not back him. Thus when we had our latest injury crisis he was playing teenagers all over the field and lining the bench with them. 

We now don’t even do that now as Manning is attempting mid season to get a tune out of someone else’s squad deliberately put in place and allowed to remain in place by BT SL and JL

NO wonder so many think we are run by snakes. 

if we lose on Tuesday it’s not over for Manning by a mere defeat. It’s over for manning if the manner of defeat is the same as our recent performances. But if we lose to Ipswich and don’t win against Swansea there will be a melt down un seen at AG. 

To reiterate Mr Manning should be gone by tomorrow, but hey ho here’s hoping for six points either way!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I dunno.  I don’t see lack of effort

Yeah, and as I said earlier / yesterday, I’m not an advocate of filling it for filling its sake either.  Sometimes you find out someone you thought wasn’t ready, can cope…and of course vice-versa.  It’s not something I’m gonna criticise per se, it’s something to ask why - to which we got an answer.  But u18s FAYC was a herring approaching the colour of red, when there are players with first team experience in the u21s.

Exactly. We were giving opportunities even if they were only going to be in case of injury to our U21s. That’s not even happening. If I was a U21 player sniffing a first team chance I’d be fed up that the bench wasn’t filled. 

But there we are!

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I watched until the end and made a couple of running comments above

A couple of extra comments 

Do the FBC team really think we would be in a relegation battle if Nigel Pearson and the players and style would not have been truncated

i agree with @Davefevs and @headhunter that I would twist now. 

Controversially I also agree with Headhunter that King James Naismith and Wells would get a tune out of our team to do enough to keep us up

I completely agree with @Curr Avon that no one wanted Manning to fail but there is an element of wanting to stick it to JL SL BT right now for so many bad decisions. 

I don’t agree it was the time to sack Pearson. Last summer was, but once they had decided not to they had to stick with it and back him. But they decided to stick with him and not back him. Thus when we had our latest injury crisis he was playing teenagers all over the field and lining the bench with them. 

We now don’t even do that now as Manning is attempting mid season to get a tune out of someone else’s squad deliberately put in place and allowed to remain in place by BT SL and JL

NO wonder so many think we are run by snakes. 

if we lose on Tuesday it’s not over for Manning by a mere defeat. It’s over for manning if the manner of defeat is the same as our recent performances. But if we lose to Ipswich and don’t win against Swansea there will be a melt down un seen at AG. 

To reiterate Mr Manning should be gone by tomorrow, but hey ho here’s hoping for six points either way!

The only additional piece I’d add is that on the Pod (and indicated above) was a feeling that the next two games are critical. Why? If we beat what is a generally poor Swansea side it is the definition of papering over the cracks (albeit a step up from yesterday), and I think everyone sees Ipswich as a bit of a free hit in terms of points expectations.

Does (say) four points from those two games really change anything if the behaviours and processes are so ingrained by now, and have become less effective over time?

I hate this “he needs to win the next one or he’s in trouble” piece. Look at the collective. There have been 20 plus games (ok only one poor one…) - if your window cleaner was shit most weeks  for four months you wouldn’t let him off because he made the glass shiny once. 

We’ve got enough of a sample size now. Two games shouldn’t make or break the decision.

• Like 3