IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ..... this isn't going well is it?

33 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Pretty sure the gas were just as complacent when they ended up tumbling out the league. Our league form is awful and a few of those below have picked up results. Whilst it may seem unlikely, it can’t be ruled out.  

If we got 8 points from the last 11 games like they did we would finish on 52 points which would be safety. So we’d need a worse run than them.  Also a crucial difference is they didn’t have 9 teams between them and relegation with 11 games to go.  

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Little does he realise I have 20 twitter accounts to access his nonsense content. He's like Bristol Rovers...he keeps giving....😂

On that subject, he does appear to have the mindset like some fans in blue 'the other side'.....is that just me? Gaschat would love him😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I notice that Ian has now “protected” his tweets on X, following a couple of rows with his followers. Rude, sarcastic and arrogant.

Hilarious behaviour. I personally think Dave should get rid of him on the pod. No value now. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I notice that Ian has now “protected” his tweets on X, following a couple of rows with his followers. Rude, sarcastic and arrogant.

He's doing a Tins...he'll be back 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m on Wednesday morning (after Ipswich).  I wish I’d been on this morning.  Especially having my name called out “on air” re my position that I’d sack Manning.  I’d like to have explained myself.  Not that I’m not comfortable with my reasons.

I’m on SOTC tomorrow evening, I’ve no idea what questions will be thrown at me, or what opportunity I’ll get to expand my reasons.

The problem is you can't have a rational discussion with an irrational person. The more you set out your opinion based on evidence and intelligent analysis the angrier they get.

Anyway, I'll hold yer coat. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Good pod today to take part in. Almost went into 2 hours ( probably too long, apologies to @Curr Avon's wife...😂.

Thomas and I were on our way back from the Sheffield game, so couldn't be on the previous week. I'd heard from @headhunter that it got a bit heated and David doubled down with the F bomb today 🤣.

I hope we came across as passionate, but measured and with the ability to make comments based on factually correct statistics.

Thomas is still in rehab after his ankle operation in late November, but from being in an Academy himself is able to not only relate to the coaching methods on show, but also potentially the lack of man management taking place.

As I said on the Pod, the Swansea game is a crossroads for me. If we can get a performance and 3 points it'll be massive. Lose the next 2 and then WBA away and Leicester at home; whilst probably being 3 points or less off 22nd. Tough times and I haven't seen anything from Manning yet that he is up for the fight.

The time for banal phrases and words is over. We need to see action on the pitch. Over to you Manning and Hogg.

The pod today was really interesting and quite although a little heated showed passionate views whether agree or disagree with them. 

Would suggest listening to Jesse Marsch who was on MNF a few weeks back. He spoke of how his philosophy was different to Bielsa’s and how he had to gradually implement his ideas and not change everything with immediate effect. Really insightful and he explained he had players who couldn’t play the way he wanted do had to adjust his approach 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

The problem is you can't have a rational discussion with an irrational person. The more you set out your opinion based on evidence and intelligent analysis the angrier they get.

Anyway, I'll hold yer coat. 😁

I’m not sure why he has such a fixed view on Pearson and Manning. 

We have been awful for the last three games and are bottom (23) of the form table over 10 and plummeting down the table. 

If this had been any other manager, other than Manning it would be melt down. 

I don’t know. Perhaps the rumors are true and he is BTs glove puppet. It’s certainly becoming more plausible!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alessandro said:

A few questions for Ian - so you supported NP out because you felt someone could do better and we were inconsistent.

But now we’re still inconsistent and in fact doing worse than under Pearson…

And it’s now the player’s fault?!

And if as you claim, it’s so obvious and simple, been the same for years, why haven’t you said it before? When NP was sacked, for example?

And if you think the squad isn’t good enough, whose fault is that?

And why hasn’t that been addressed for years?

And why don’t you call out those who are and have been in charge of recruitment for years?

Because he has befriended Tinnion no doubt! 

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

He is like a talentless Chris Sutton, Brian Moore or Micheal Vaughan.

The trend to put someone in who is contrary and controversial - I’m sure the pod host knows that and that’s why he’s there. IMO he added nothing else for me today, just comes across as someone who is that dangerous mix of arrogant and ignorant. The ultimate know it all, out of touch, old idiot in the pub. Sorry if that’s too personal. 

But ultimately there are almost as many posts on this thread about Ian Gay than not….so from a ‘click’ perspective…

I watched for the first time out of interest today, I won’t watch again if that Ian is on - but if they do without him I’d tune in personally. 

The way this club is going Ian will soon be on the board probably. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Good pod today to take part in. Almost went into 2 hours ( probably too long, apologies to @Curr Avon's wife...😂.

Thomas and I were on our way back from the Sheffield game, so couldn't be on the previous week. I'd heard from @headhunter that it got a bit heated and David doubled down with the F bomb today 🤣.

I hope we came across as passionate, but measured and with the ability to make comments based on factually correct statistics.

Thomas is still in rehab after his ankle operation in late November, but from being in an Academy himself is able to not only relate to the coaching methods on show, but also potentially the lack of man management taking place.

As I said on the Pod, the Swansea game is a crossroads for me. If we can get a performance and 3 points it'll be massive. Lose the next 2 and then WBA away and Leicester at home; whilst probably being 3 points or less off 22nd. Tough times and I haven't seen anything from Manning yet that he is up for the fight.

The time for banal phrases and words is over. We need to see action on the pitch. Over to you Manning and Hogg.

Hogg, that’s his name. The forgettable number two, he looks clueless on the touchline. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just seeing the text stuff in the last few mins.

Ian like a big baby - “Nigel Pearson fanboys”, that’s all he can use to rationalise his outdated views on football. 

he doesn't have a rationale, full stop.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm going to have to rewatch the bit where he lost it with Dave… I nearly spilt my tea. Could see the others sniggering 

It was like the court scene between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

It was like the court scene between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men!

I'd missed the trigger first time round. I mean, what Dave was saying isn't actually controversial and even the sort of thing IG would say!

16 minutes ago, daored said:

The pod today was really interesting and quite although a little heated showed passionate views whether agree or disagree with them. 

Would suggest listening to Jesse Marsch who was on MNF a few weeks back. He spoke of how his philosophy was different to Bielsa’s and how he had to gradually implement his ideas and not change everything with immediate effect. Really insightful and he explained he had players who couldn’t play the way he wanted do had to adjust his approach 

I watched that.  Was very interesting, especially the bit about “rest defence”.  However, that same thing resonated with me…all well and good with the best players (like at RB Salzburg), but not so much with Leeds in the PL, where they got hammered for over-committing players. But if he’s learned that lesson, then fair play.

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Podcasts need people like Ian, without them they become sterile and boring. 

Why people get so offended about his opinion and still listen is ******* mental to me. 

I dont agree with anything he says but really enjoy listening to him on the podcast. At the end of the day we are all passionate about the same club and we all suffer when we are playing badly - which has been most of the time in my 40 years of being a fan. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ryan said:

I dont agree with anything he says but really enjoy listening to him on the podcast. At the end of the day we are all passionate about the same club and we all suffer when we are playing badly - which has been most of the time in my 40 years of being a fan. 

Its like chatting to my dad after the game, most of it is bollocks, I know it will be bollocks, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yeah really enjoyable. Love yours and Tom’s input. I did wonder if Tom had more than the average insight. Very informative. Anyway despite the “entertainment” Ian brings, really balanced podcast and the usual comedy as always from Mark. What more could we ask for. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Podcasts need people like Ian, without them they become sterile and boring. 

Why people get so offended about his opinion and still listen is ******* mental to me. 

With the complete and utter nonsense he continually delivers , no great surprise that you don’t get it , like looking in the mirror eh

..............Are you his brother ? Son ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1