IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ..... this isn't going well is it?

DaveP debates the Severnside derby live on You Tube & "X" @ 09.00 Sunday [available on Spotify etc. from midday] with Ian, Mark & the Suttons. Give us your thoughts on the live text chat.

9 points from a possible 33 tells its own story. Are we in free fall, what needs to change to arrest the decline?

Defenders of LM [are there any left?] will say injuries have taken their toll but a list including a lad [Benarous] who hasn't played for two years, a defender [Atko] who's been out for a year plus a "sicknote" in Naismith who's availability is less than 50% dents that argument. Yes, if fit, Twine would start but James, Bell & Tanner have not always been first choice selections.

A probable 1 point return from the next 3 games [L-D-L] will put us in the relegation battle good & proper but wait, after that there are 13 days to get out on the grass to prepare the players for the Good Friday encounter with faltering Leicester. That doesn't fill me with confidence based on the performances of late when the absence of a midweek fixture has allowed for more training time!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

Please could you direct the conversation more towards the stewardship of the Club  rather than the merits of the current Manager. How do Season Ticket holders or genuine fans influence better decision making on appointing future Managers / Head Coach/ DOF.   Is there a role for the supporters trust in future appointments?   Only BCFC could appoint Dean Holden and Liam Manning with the aim of getting into the Premiership. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

DaveP debates the Severnside derby live on You Tube & "X" @ 09.00 Sunday [available on Spotify etc. from midday] with Ian, Mark & the Suttons. Give us your thoughts on the live text chat.

9 points from a possible 33 tells its own story. Are we in free fall, what needs to change to arrest the decline?

Defenders of LM [are there any left?] will say injuries have taken their toll but a list including a lad [Benarous] who hasn't played for two years, a defender [Atko] who's been out for a year plus a "sicknote" in Naismith who's availability is less than 50% dents that argument. Yes, if fit, Twine would start but James, Bell & Tanner have not always been first choice selections.

A probable 1 point return from the next 3 games [L-D-L] will put us in the relegation battle good & proper but wait, after that there are 13 days to get out on the grass to prepare the players for the Good Friday encounter with faltering Leicester. That doesn't fill me with confidence based on the performances of late when the absence of a midweek fixture has allowed for more training time!!!

Defenders of LM. Yep I think there is at least one left!

Manning has turned our top six squad into utter rubbish that are now on the edge of a relegation battle.

However the club are supposed to give him money, if we are not relegated, in the summer to buy his own players while dismantling a (top six) squad that obviously don’t believe in what he’s doing while simultaneously over seeing the sales of Conway, Pring and almost certainly Knight

This bloke has never had a bean to spend, so has no track record with money, and can’t get a tune out of the players he has, because he is simply a bit crap at a level he’s never been at with any support of the guy based upon hope and the hubris of certain individuals at the club and their supporters. 

Dont even start me on the dire style of play that will cost thousands in season ticket sales if he remains. 

Yep time is what it needs. 

Good luck tomorrow I will watch later. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GBF said:

Please could you direct the conversation more towards the stewardship of the Club  rather than the merits of the current Manager. How do Season Ticket holders or genuine fans influence better decision making on appointing future Managers / Head Coach/ DOF.   Is there a role for the supporters trust in future appointments?   Only BCFC could appoint Dean Holden and Liam Manning with the aim of getting into the Premiership. 

And Tecknical Directors and Chairmen even if we cannot influence actual ownership

We had a decent manager who was taking us in the right direction, and you guys (apart from Dave Fevs) moaned about him all the time and said you wanted a young coach. You've got what you wanted now. I will look forward to Ian saying they are Pearson's players so its not Manning's fault, when they are Tinnion's players and it is Manning's fault. We can also listen to talk of a summer clearout which will ignore the fact that Tinnion has already said we only need a 9 and possibly a 10 if we dont sign Twine (which we wont).  I do enjoy listening though, so thanks for making them 🙂

• Like 9

I think it is slightly disingenuous to say Tanner, James & Bell aren’t always first choices, they have all been regular starters in a very thin squad.

However that wasn’t why we lost yesterday the players available were good enough to get a result against a similar standard side.

Spot on re Naismith, absolute waste of time.

I didn’t think there was any possibility of further change this season but assuming we do lose at Ipswich, Swansea next Sunday is then huge because it looks highly unlikely we’ll get anything in the two games after it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Let’s rewind 2 years ago - if you search the historical posts on OTIB - there were posts saying NP out? 
Are we blaming 2 managers or should we look at players? Just a thought. 

Players are certainly not at the required standard, but then you have to ask who is recruiting them? (Presumably Tins)

And who is coaching them? (Presumably Manning).

And who believed that the players were a top 10 squad? (JL).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Let’s rewind 2 years ago - if you search the historical posts on OTIB - there were posts saying NP out? 

2 years ago we had to get through to the end of the season to start the clear out. Many posters failed to see the bigger picture.

Had he gone after the West Brom game on Boxing Day last year there would have been a bit of disgruntlement but the general feeling would have been that it was a fair decision.

The playing squad has changed dramatically in 2 years so which players are you wanting to blame ?

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

2 years ago we had to get through to the end of the season to start the clear out. Many posters failed to see the bigger picture.

Had he gone after the West Brom game on Boxing Day last year there would have been a bit of disgruntlement but the general feeling would have been that it was a fair decision.

The playing squad has changed dramatically in 2 years so which players are you wanting to blame ?

The clear out was based on players on higher wages so aren’t they supposed to be better players on wage structure? And that’s where we are now - relying on academy and lower wage players to get us higher up the table…doesn’t work in my eyes. 
Look at wage structure and teams at the top of the league. 

6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I agree with all that - shouldn’t we put who’s coaching them, NP and Manning? 

Look where we finished mid table mediocrity for a few seasons now. 

It’s the bloody owners riding roughshod over all of this . That’s where the attention needs to focus 

• Like 1

What an incredibly rude , jumped up , ignorant little man Mr Gay is 

@headhunter again , great hosting (You've really kicked on to another level with that skill 👍🏻

But the part I’ve just listened too when Mr Gay is on one desperately fighting criticism of LM and you politely ask him several times to hold as you wanted to move onto somebody else , he just keeps talking louder and louder over the top of you until you have to back off and he can continue.

Rude and ignorant doesn’t even touch it and not sure why you tolerate it tbh

The pod would be far far better without having to suffer him 

At least we know why he felt short of breath yesterday , there’s probably not that much spare oxygen when it’s stuck up the HCs rectum 🤣

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

One does wonder about the players, let's be honest - they're NP's team. BUT...I couldn't understand why Sykes was kept on the left, he did nothing, nothing at all. When Mehmeti came on, why did he play on the right, and not swap with Sykes?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

A few questions for Ian - so you supported NP out because you felt someone could do better and we were inconsistent.

But now we’re still inconsistent and in fact doing worse than under Pearson…

And it’s now the player’s fault?!

And if as you claim, it’s so obvious and simple, been the same for years, why haven’t you said it before? When NP was sacked, for example?

And if you think the squad isn’t good enough, whose fault is that?

And why hasn’t that been addressed for years?

And why don’t you call out those who are and have been in charge of recruitment for years?

• Like 5
  • Flames 7

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

This young lad (sorry, don't know who he is) is nailing it for the most part.

He does every time he's on and completely shows up one member of the pod. You know, the one who caused the host to f-bomb today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Neither! People at the top have caused this bad decision after bad decisions, That's why everyone is arguing on here twitter etc etc stop the player blame game. Your only as good as those at the top. A sacked manager as technical director let that sink in.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3

I do like the phrase sizable minority!

It's a phrase which seems to have stuck. Were the fanbase really in the majority in wanting Pearson to go?

I'd say there were 3 camps;

The pro camp

The meh camp; (this had a huge range) but general feeling didn't really think he should be fired, but were not forcibly upset when he was either

The anti Pearson camp was significantly smaller

As for mind numbing;  it was numbing beyond numbing. Under Pearson I would say it was a boring game quite often. But we were also set up for moments of individual quality. But now it's worse.  I've seen more horrible halves of football under Manning than my whole life. All in the name of control, all offering absolutely nothing worth watching.

Why? Because we've been worked out. Teams want us to have the ball. Teams are giving us just enough time to pass around, but never comfortable.

They know our mistakes will come. They bait us to go long knowing we won't 

So it ends up being football where nothing happens, the crowd have nothing to respond to, and the opposition grow in confidence with every passing minute.

And what do we do? How do we react? What do we change? Absolutely nothing.

Fans could be more accepting if LM made any kind of changes (beyond like for like) in that made us look better! A. He doesn't. B when he does we look worse.

Why exactly has he shown so far to be backed? Southampton was the best performance, and there was a great reason for that. A team playing the way they were created to do so.

Every game it's, I've given the players all the info. Well newsflash, the other team have all the info, are equally well drilled, and need to work less hard to beat you.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

Lets clear out players like j dasilva and kasey palmer after all they are only getting regular games for coventry.

Nothing wrong with Jay or Palmer technically.

The issue is we recruited under LJ period without looking to integrate them into any kind of system.

We wanted 'clubs in the bag'.

Said it before but it's become more apparent the issue was LJ and not MA for all his smarmy behaviour.

Unfortunately MA liked doing a deal - so couldn't just say 'No more'.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

We had a decent manager who was taking us in the right direction, and you guys (apart from Dave Fevs) moaned about him all the time and said you wanted a young coach. You've got what you wanted now. I will look forward to Ian saying they are Pearson's players so its not Manning's fault, when they are Tinnion's players and it is Manning's fault. We can also listen to talk of a summer clearout which will ignore the fact that Tinnion has already said we only need a 9 and possibly a 10 if we dont sign Twine (which we wont).  I do enjoy listening though, so thanks for making them 🙂

I don’t think I was alone, plenty of others appreciated the work Nige, his staff and the players were doing under difficult circumstances.

Yep, it didn’t take him long to fall-back on his excuses.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

This will be my first ever live viewing. It’s like a soap opera and Ian is Nasty Nick

His football opinion is stuck in the 1980s.  He needs to go away, read, watch some modern day football, digest it, understand it, then return.  It’s so base.  It’s why he can’t see further than the inside of his source’s ass.

+++++

@headhunter was a great pod though, absolute carnage in some respects, but I set my alarm for this, but need not have worried, I was awake.

@Curr Avon well done for actually trying to give some football answers, rather than Ian just making excuses.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Well.....that was a very entertaining and spicy watch ! On the pod and in the texts alongside it 

Very good @headhunter 👏🏼 Thought you kept it running and moving excellently.

@NcnsBcfc consistently good and thought provoking points always with explanation 👏🏼 Your point about the Crowley Bros was particularly thought provoking and just about everything you said across the pod was just about spot on

You were only probably edged out for content by @TomSutton who , made some brilliant points , brilliantly and calmly explained , the points about players current mentality and the danger of sliding / sleepwalking into a relegation scrap , with the wrong mentality and spirit was a brilliant one

And his succinct assessment of LMs performance here towards the end - brilliant

Take a bow Tom - really good and interesting , thought provoking , to listen to 

Id recommend to all -  it’s a really interesting listen at times 👍🏻

Lastly Mr Gay , his behaviour and rudeness has no boundaries , and I’m not sure whether it’s more cringeworthy, hilarious or embarrassing to see but his desperate Spluttering twists on anything and everything to defend LM (and slate anything Pearson 🤣) is not only embarrassingly desperate but completely weird

For the loudest voice who constantly loudly overtalks and interrupts others who shall listen while he talks or shouts , as he is ......the guru .......

two little things 

Firstly you may notice that at no point to the various scenarios @headhunter put to him about what he would do regarding LM did he actually give an answer as the Sutton’s did , he deflected and waffled , no danger of him actually answering the question

And his actual football knowledge and understanding - a insignificant point , but

Stick two on the posts it may save a goal’

A explanation on the pod by young Tom and a text from @Davefevs highlighted two significant reasons why that’s a opinion with zero context or understanding  and his footballing guru expertise (Nil)

The final outcome , in terms of behaviour , intelligence and understanding certainly football wise , the delivery and explanation of points , you were absolutely schooled by a young lad man @TomSutton 👏🏼🔥🔥🔥

It was Premier League v Wessex League Mr Gay

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1