IGNORED

FBC Podcast: CARDIFF [H] the verdict ..... this isn't going well is it?

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Podcasts need people like Ian, without them they become sterile and boring. 

Why people get so offended about his opinion and still listen is ******* mental to me. 

I think you’re right he definitely adds something to the podcast and many have said that they’ve often agreed with him about certain things.
 It’s not his opinions per se. I think people accept that everyone has their own ideas, what people have a problem with is hearing him suddenly making allowances for LM that he would never allow for NP, despite the fact they share some similar problems injuries etc. it’s not about being “offended” it’s the hypocrisy. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

OK own up who put the comment 

"Ian is such a k##b" in the chat feed live on the podcast.

I read it and proceeded to be in floods of tears for the last 5-10 mins of it.

The look on his face....🤣

It was Scattered Dream and I was absolutely in stitches for ages as I saw you laughing as well as Ian just almost in a state of shock while trying to maintain calmness but you could so tell it affected him 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JP Hampton said:

I think you’re right he definitely adds something to the podcast and many have said that they’ve often agreed with him about certain things.
 It’s not his opinions per se. I think people accept that everyone has their own ideas, what people have a problem with is hearing him suddenly making allowances for LM that he would never allow for NP, despite the fact they share some similar problems injuries etc. it’s not about being “offended” it’s the hypocrisy. 

Without going back all the way was he immediately against Pearson ? 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

With the complete and utter nonsense he continually delivers , no great surprise that you don’t get it , like looking in the mirror eh

..............Are you his brother ? Son ?

I never said I agreed with him.

Late to the party this week. But that certainly made my Sunday evening entertaining! 

Every week I find myself having to go back and listen again at what Ian has said so this week I kept some notes as I was listening. 

In summary - 

- Better performance than QPR and Sheff Wed

- Had enough of the ball, enough crosses, won our duels but end product lacked, dominated the game.

- Down played the increased training time

- Blamed the players

- "If its that bad and it's affecting your mental health then my advice is to don't go"

- you won't get a better tune out of this squad

- Pearson couldn't get a tune out of this squad

- Manning is not out of his depth

- when not talking doesn't pay attention to others talking.

- NP didn't sort out the financial mess (in comments)

- had a go at Dave for Dave having an opinion and called it a conspiracy theory. Ian got enraged at a suggestion that maybe the players don't listen to Manning based on his inexperience.

- tried to absolve Manning of any blame by saying "it's been like this for years, even going back to Tinnion as manager"

- when asked whos fault it was for signings he refused to blame Tinnion and instead blamed Pearson.

- tried to defend Tinnion when he said "Pearson was asked if he wanted another cb and he said no" no mention of the fact he was only offered out of contract players. Tried to insinuate that if RD or ZV gets injured then it's NP fault for not signing a CB.

- Henry is probably Ian

- insisted that Pearson was offered the opportunity to sign a striker.

- described the Jan window as a good window (licking Tinnions arse)

- when Tom mentioned how subs would make a difference under NP but not LM Ian said these players were all signed by Pearson.

- Dave Fevs mentioned about Murphy being injured (which Manning said in his press conference) and Ian said "I think you've been fed a line if you believe that)

- "I don't know, [long pause] I don't know whether some our fans want Manning to fail, infact I think a few of them do, a huge number, but I think there's a few of them licking their lips and saying great you failed because Lansdown said this and that"

- gets his face right in the camera lens and says he wouldn't sack Liam Manning (no doubt for BT benefit)

- appears very wound up at the suggestion that people want him sacked.

- says that some people say Manning is out of his depth but that people didn't think that 3 weeks ago.

- didn't answer the question about what he would do about LM. Deliberately went around the houses to avoid answering it.
*comment of the day goes to scattered_dreams "Ian is a 🍆" the reaction from the lads was quality.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

People seem to forget we live in a country where free speech is allowed, getting personal because someone may have a different opinion to you is the lowest form of debate.

You might not agree with what people are saying on either side of this but write about the facts rather than resorting to calling people names, its childish.

We are all fans that want the club to do well, scrapping at each other trying to score points about who has a bigger footballing knowledge is pathetic, everyone’s opinion is valid, it holds the same weight whoever you are, and everyone has a right to voice that on whatever platform they have access to.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Benneythered said:

People seem to forget we live in a country where free speech is allowed, getting personal because someone may have a different opinion to you is the lowest form of debate.

You might not agree with what people are saying on either side of this but write about the facts rather than resorting to calling people names, its childish.

We are all fans that want the club to do well, scrapping at each other trying to score points about who has a bigger footballing knowledge is pathetic, everyone’s opinion is valid, it holds the same weight whoever you are, and everyone has a right to voice that on whatever platform they have access to.

Perhaps IG should take note. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think I was alone, plenty of others appreciated the work Nige, his staff and the players were doing under difficult circumstances.

Yep, it didn’t take him long to fall-back on his excuses.

His football opinion is stuck in the 1980s.  He needs to go away, read, watch some modern day football, digest it, understand it, then return.  It’s so base.  It’s why he can’t see further than the inside of his source’s ass.

+++++

@headhunter was a great pod though, absolute carnage in some respects, but I set my alarm for this, but need not have worried, I was awake.

@Curr Avon well done for actually trying to give some football answers, rather than Ian just making excuses.

I never thought I'd see the day when @Davefevs got angry. Still, at least I know what he looks like now!

• Like 1

Hadn't listened to the pod for a couple of months after finding Ian simply unbarable but after reading the comments on here I found it was a must listen. 

Tom and Neil Sutton absolutely nailed pretty much everything really and I wish they were on the pod months ago to challenge Ian's biased and obtuse opinions.

I was laughing throughout most of the pod to be honest when Ian was trying to find everything and anything to defend the Manager. He lost it imo when he said 'Some want us to lose' - Simply not true and not a single City fan would ever want that. 

At the moment we're staring down the barrel, we're in terrible form, I can't see us scoring more than 1 goal in a game and if we lose the next 2 we will be in the relegation scrap.

Maybe there was a good reason as to why so many City fans did not want NP out..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Because he has befriended Tinnion no doubt! 

12 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I think it maybe the other way and BT may be making his lips move

If these rumours are true - you can see why Tinnion went for him - big enough ego to stroke and he’ll toe the line to keep ‘ITK’.

However, Brian, it’s turning into another bad appointment for you mate - he’s not as talented as you hoped and is crumbling under pressure!

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Benneythered said:

Are you the ‘Benney’ ’ who has being commentating on the texts of recent pods   ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

If these rumours are true - you can see why Tinnion went for him - big enough ego to stroke and he’ll tow the line to keep ‘IDK’.

However, Brian, it’s turning into another bad appointment for you mate - he’s not as talented as you hoped and is crumbling under pressure!

I guess they are on the same level. 

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Late to the party this week. But that certainly made my Sunday evening entertaining! 

Every week I find myself having to go back and listen again at what Ian has said so this week I kept some notes as I was listening. 

In summary - 

- Better performance than QPR and Sheff Wed

- Had enough of the ball, enough crosses, won our duels but end product lacked, dominated the game.

- Down played the increased training time

- Blamed the players

- "If its that bad and it's affecting your mental health then my advice is to don't go"

- when not talking doesn't pay attention to others talking.

- had a go at Dave for Dave having an opinion and called it a conspiracy theory. Ian got enraged at a suggestion that maybe the players don't listen to Manning based on his inexperience.

- tried to absolve Manning of any blame by saying "it's been like this for years, even going back to Tinnion as manager"

- when asked whos fault it was for signings he refused to blame Tinnion and instead blamed Pearson.

- tried to defend Tinnion when he said "Pearson was asked if he wanted another cb and he said no" no mention of the fact he was only offered out of contract players. Tried to insinuate that if RD or ZV gets injured then it's NP fault for not signing a CB.

- Henry is probably Ian

- insisted that Pearson was offered the opportunity to sign a striker.

- when Tom mentioned how subs would make a difference under NP but not LM Ian said these players were all signed by Pearson.

- Dave Fevs mentioned about Murphy being injured (which Manning said in his press conference) and Ian said "I think you've been fed a line if you believe that)

- "I don't know, [long pause] I don't know whether some our fans want Manning to fail, infact I think a few of them do, a huge number, but I think there's a few of them licking their lips and saying great you failed because Lansdown said this and that"

- gets his face right in the camera lens and says he wouldn't sack Liam Manning (no doubt for BT benefit)

- says that some people say Manning is out of his depth but that people didn't think that 3 weeks ago.

- didn't answer the question about what he would do about LM. Deliberately went around the houses to avoid answering it.
*comment of the day goes to scattered_dreams "Ian is a 🍆" the reaction from the lads was quality.

I forgot the bit where Ian mentioned not getting a tune out of the current squad. Thats exactly why Manning was appointed by BT & JL in the first place, but Ian conveniently forgets that! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Benneythered said:

I agree. People on here having a pop, but they're more than welcome to join the podcast as @headhunter has already said he would welcome it, but, nope, its easier to just mock him on here behind a username. @W-S-M Seagull knows he can go on, instead he would prefer to listen to the pod twice and take notes rather than DM @headhunter.

Cowards. 

I don't agree to everything he says, but its his opinion. Is he rude, yeah, but no different to how everyone talks to each other on here. At least he doesn't hide and has the bottle to actually say it.  Do a agree with him, no, but do I respect that has at least got the balls to face up. Yes. 

Edited by Tim Monaghan
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I agree. People on here having a pop, but they're more than welcome to join the podcast as @headhunter has already said he would welcome it, but, nope, its easier to just mock him on here behind a username. @W-S-M Seagull knows he can go on, instead he would prefer to listen to the pod twice and take notes rather than DM @headhunter.

Cowards. 

I don't agree to everything he says, but it’s his opinion. Is he rude, yeah, but no different to everyone talks to each other on here. At least he doesn't hide and has the bottle to actually say it.  Do an agree with him, no, but do I respect that has at least go the balls to face up. Yes. 

People not allowed an opinion if they don’t go on? It’s a public podcast isn’t it?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

Its also shouting over people.

Definitely need opposing views but why him ? Im sure someone with manners could steo in.

12 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Cowards. 

I don't agree to everything he says, but its his opinion. Is he rude, yeah, but no different to everyone talks to each other on here. At least he doesn't hide and has the bottle to actually say it.  Do a agree with him, no, but do I respect that has at least go the balls to face up. Yes. 

I just don't get why people care about an optional podcast they don't have to listen to that the guys do for free. Just stop listening 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I just don't get why people care about an optional podcast they don't have to listen to that the guys do for free. Just stop listening 

Because presumably they like the rest of it, like I do?

I started listening to FBC just over 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. I've defended it lots of times on here since when it gets some flak. I even quite liked Ian (I know I know...). He had a role on the show and he did it very well - he was the heel, the bloke who prompted discussion, he said things which were 20% over the top but they were kind of interesting and got everyone else going and people sort of met in the middle quite often.

I've dipped in an out since, but this few months he's become a parody of himself. I think he's maybe played the character for so long he's just become it for real now, or maybe that's just who he really is, I have no idea. But he's rude, abrasive, talks over and down to people - and what really pisses me off, he has basically no interest in what everyone else is saying. He waits for his turn to speak, takes ages (often ignoring the point and just saying whatever he wanted to regardless of what he'd been asked), and then when someone replies he's not even listening... instead messing around on his laptop, replying to comments, whatever. It's just rude.

I actually like his opinions being there as I said, and I like the rest of the pod (@headhunter does a great job, week in week out rain or shine, and his hosting and the pod in general has come on loads since it started so hats off there) but Ian really makes it borderline unlistenable at times recently which is a shame.

I don't want to stop listening as I like it, and the Suttons are a great addition, but it's tough going. So I "care" about it but don't want to stop listening I guess?

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Without going back all the way was he immediately against Pearson ? 

I never said I agreed with him.

No, he initially backed him, said he was the manager we should’ve gone for previously.  And then when we lost a few in that end of season run, he was worried about his pride / reputation (what reputation), so he started to spin quickly to “I was never in favour, a couple of years ago I was” type stuff.  Subtle change, but enough, in his opinion to say he wasn’t wrong.  And he’s led that negative view of Nige ever since.

This is a grown man, in his 60s, so what if you back someone as a fan and it doesn’t work out.  It wasn’t him that appointed him…and in fairness Nige did a good job.

And now he’s backing Liam Manning, unfortunately he’s doing it with a different set of rules to how he measured Nige.

Cmon, this is Ian Gay, the bloke who went on BBCRB every week to criticise every manager, and now he’s suddenly making excuses for them.

What’s changed?

His source at the club is feeding him.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He basically stated what LM said post-match.  It appears he can no longer think for himself!

- Blamed the players

of course, can’t blame the the head-coach, that would mean criticise someone in the club hierarchy

Nigel Pearson did

he did

I think he is, but that’s my opinion.

no, but he dealt with the impacts.  The ignorance of this part of the debate, not just from Ian astounds me.  Although Nige deserves credit for being a driving force alongside Richard Gould for building the strategy.  Football and Hierarchy working together, nice!

“Your friend Dave Fevs said this”.  What a effing baby he is!

are we getting close to uncovering the leak / source?

Ian doesn’t understand our recruitment process and its nuances.  He’s taking it as black and white. 

I know, blame, blame, blame.

- Henry is probably Ian

he isn’t

are you referring to something I put in the texts, ie Manning said he’d had some injuries?  I’ve no idea other than what LM said on Thursday, when asked by JP…although it sounded a bit worrying.

ridiculous comment, you know your argument doesn’t have any legs when you resort to this.

and that’s fine.  Good on him.

undermines his leak / source.  And undermines Ian’s reputation (what reputation).  

that’s football, sometimes a straw can break a camel’s back.  Maybe a swan breaks Liam’s arm next Sunday! 🤣🤣🤣

yep, he avoided it.

🤣🤣🤣

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I never thought I'd see the day when @Davefevs got angry. Still, at least I know what he looks like now!

I wasn’t on the pod yesterday.  You’ll need to listen in on Wednesday to see me.

42 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Are you the ‘Benney’ ’ who has being commentating on the texts of recent pods   ?

No, that’s someone else on here.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I notice that Ian has now “protected” his tweets on X, following a couple of rows with his followers. Rude, sarcastic and arrogant.

I would imagine that Ian has read this thread on OTIB and taken that action last night. 'Unfollowers' were able to view his content previously (if you were remotely interested), unless of course he had already banned you from viewing his account😂. He is not the 'sharing is caring type' and just wants people to agree with his view. He has now resorted in banning the world, unless you are a follower of him and he has given you his own personal permission to read his posts. Hilarious. Don't disagree with him 'followers' as you will be zapped immediately 😂. There are better things to read anyway. Stick with Piercy at Bristol Live. He knows far much more than Ian Gay ever will. Its called being a journalist, not a fan who simply talks nonsense 75% of the time. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I wasn’t on the pod yesterday.  You’ll need to listen in on Wednesday to see me.

My mistake, I thought it was you! #Clueless

EDIT: Just seen it was 'Dave P'. Too many Daves...

Edited by SecretSam
Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched the Cardiff ‘You Tube’ episode which reaffirmed my belief that the chemistry of the FBC ‘team’ is brilliant. Love ‘em all and the format/flow of debate is brilliant. The diversity of characters and views makes it compelling viewing.  Absolutely superb, far, far better than Sky’s Soccer Saturday’s et al professional efforts. 

Struth, if everybody agreed with each other it would as boring as watching 20 backwards and sideways passes of a football team that didn’t have a clue what they were supposed to be doing. 

More than achieves its objective of providing an opportunity to listen in on a good after-match pub debate. Addictive viewing. Hats off to all those involved. More’s the pity you aren’t the fans representatives on The Board (if we were allowed any!) - much sense spoken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Podcasts need people like Ian, without them they become sterile and boring. 

Why people get so offended about his opinion and still listen is ******* mental to me. 

I think you answered your own statement. People like Ian + people pissed off = listeners/viewers

10 hours ago, RedRock said:

Just watched the Cardiff ‘You Tube’ episode which reaffirmed my belief that the chemistry of the FBC ‘team’ is brilliant. Love ‘em all and the format/flow of debate is brilliant. The diversity of characters and views makes it compelling viewing.  Absolutely superb, far, far better than Sky’s Soccer Saturday’s et al professional efforts. 

Struth, if everybody agreed with each other it would as boring as watching 20 backwards and sideways passes of a football team that didn’t have a clue what they were supposed to be doing. 

More than achieves its objective of providing an opportunity to listen in on a good after-match pub debate. Addictive viewing. Hats off to all those involved. More’s the pity you aren’t the fans representatives on The Board (if we were allowed any!) - much sense spoken. 

Yes last thing you want is an echo chamber!

Like you said, the chemistry is great. Tom and Neil are a welcome addition to an already decent line up 😊 and variety of voices

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes last thing you want is an echo chamber!

Like you said, the chemistry is great. Tom and Neil are a welcome addition to an already decent line up 😊 and variety of voices

The philosophy of our Club seems to be to ignore the ‘here and now’ and take the easy option and just plan for ‘jam tomorrow’.

So, given Tom’s age plus the added bonus that he talks real sense, I personally think based on his FBC performances that JL should invite him to become trainee Coach/Manager/Director. 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, RedRock said:

Amidst our detractors it is morale boosting to read the more positive posts like this one from @RedRock.

Our Ipswich review will be LIVE & recorded at 9.00 AM Wednesday and will feature, amongst others @Davefevs & @TomSutton . 

• Like 2