IGNORED

Relegation Battle Thoughts

9 minutes ago, algenon2007 said:

What are the chances of being drawn into a relegation fight.?

Very likely if we continue in this vein of form.

The worry is that our current slump has coincided with teams at the bottom picking up form and results.

Were both trends to continue for too long the worry then becomes that momentum becomes increasingly difficult to reverse.

• Like 1

If over the next two or three matches we all have to admit we are in a relegation battle. Then my ansew is simple, if Nigel was in charge and he said we will be ok,. I would relax and trust in him. If Liam said the same thing i would be very worried.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

? I suspect survival by any team will require 50 or more points this year. Highest for many years. It could even be higher.

It’s the number of teams between you and the drop that is key. They can’t all win like yesterday when they are playing each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Tale your "point" but getting a few draws and being hard to beat would be encouraging for starters.

A good manager goes to Ipswich on Tuesday and makes sure that if they beat us they have to do something special to do it. Let’s see what Powerpoint Man does.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s the number of teams between you and the drop that is key. They can’t all win like yesterday when they are playing each other.

Won one of the last 11 games in 2012-2013. Shit happens. I remember the 5-3 win over Barnsley before that run and thought that it did not disprove the downward trend we were on.  Never seen us score 5 before or since and think how bad we were in so many ways.

Ideally we need 9 points to be safe from relegation I would think: so three wins between now and the end of the season.

Its pretty unlikely then that we can't get that from 11 games left. That said, it's hardly an easy run in given the games we have and the form we are in. 

The fact this thread even exists though and we're discussing this prospect is a damning stain on Lansdown, Tinnion and Manning.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Ideally we need 9 points to be safe from relegation I would think: so three wins between now and the end of the season.

Its pretty unlikely then that we can't get that from 11 games left. That said, it's hardly an easy run in given the games we have and the form we are in. 

The fact this thread even exists though and we're discussing this prospect is a damning stain on Lansdown, Tinnion and Manning.

Won one of the last 11 games in 2012-2013. 

Leicester were odds on to romp to the title a month ago but look how quickly that's changed, and that's a team with a Prem squad!. 

We ain't out of the woods yet the way we are playing but even I think we will just make it.

4 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Serious question pete do you not think we are already in it

No, 6 points and an enormous swing in GD. However can change very quickly if we have another winless week, considering we have Swansea at home next and Brum could beat Boro as their game in hand.