IGNORED

Relegation Battle Thoughts

This from the BBC , comments on Forest’s loss to Liverpool. 

‘Time and time again, year after year, all we talk about teams down there battling relegation that end up going down because of an inability to score goals . ‘ 

What you going to do Captain Manning ? 
Don’t panic or are we doomed ? 

If someone had told me there would be 4 pages on a thread with the title Relegation Battle Threat back on 31st October 2023. I think a call to the Funny Farm would be in order.

However, here we are and we are all looking at the least number of points needed from the remaining 11 games to stay up. Utter madness and all of the club's own doing. What is worse is that the same people that put us in this mess go MIA all of a sudden. I never wanted Manning here but I don't blame him for going for and getting the job. Now we have invisible and silent hierarchy and a Coach that is clearly out of his depth that doesn't sound particularly inspiring or even building a siege mentality.

If we do stay up and in my opinion it is still a big if. Then there needs to be big changes over the summer and if there isn't then we are in big trouble and if we are in a dog fight from day one of the new season then you need a squad, management and leaders with big hearts and fight. As things are right now, we don't have any of these things. 

Edited by supercidered
missed word

9 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I agree it’s very unlikely we’ll go down, there’s a lot of teams between us and the bottom 3, despite what the points say.

But I do see us getting within 3 or 4 points of it and from there if we’re in a tail spin, we don’t know how the players and management will react under the pressure and that could see us getting dragged mighty close for comfort, maybe even in as soon as 3 or 4 games time as it’s a tough little block of 4 coming up.

I genuinely think we will get nothing from the next three games.....we can only hope that Stoke et al....don't find form.....we are in danger.....let's see what LM has up his sleeve to keep us from danger....

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Very improbable?

Don't kid yourself, keep losing and we will be well and truly in the scrap to stay up. And those that have been in the bottom four or five all season will be well aware of how to fight for points. Whereas we've been comfortable in mid table all the season.

This

• Like 2

Just now, Back of the Dolman said:

So in the space of one game our odds to be relegated have dropped from 150/1 to 40/1.

I’ve never met a poor bookie and clearly they aren’t as confident we won’t be relegated now !

Probably not helped by Wednesday winning last night and there may have been a few bets placed at 150/1 since Saturday but a good example of how you can’t be too reassured by long odds with so many games left.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably not helped by Wednesday winning last night and there may have been a few bets placed at 150/1 since Saturday but a good example of how you can’t be too reassured by long odds with so many games left.

QPR and Huddersfield could be just 3 points behind us by the end of tonight

You'll be fine, too many sides beneath you.

Been some surprising scores around the bottom recently but it won't last. It only takes 2 sides from the 10 beneath you (not counting Rotherham of course) to struggle, and that's pretty much a guarantee. 

I'll admit I haven't got a clue who's gonna go though.

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Been some surprising scores around the bottom recently but it won't last. It only takes 2 sides from the 10 beneath you (not counting Rotherham of course) to struggle, and that's pretty much a guarantee. 

Hold our beer.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Back of the Dolman said:

QPR and Huddersfield could be just 3 points behind us by the end of tonight

They could be and might be. The reality is (every season pretty much) that the bottom sides do rally and get a few results but ultimately show why they have been bottom all season come the end. You might get one having that end of season run but not five or six.

21 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I’m impressed with how you and QPR have pulled yourselves right back to a point where you look a good bet to stay up. A few weeks back I thought the bottom 3 were going to be adrift before too long but credit where it’s due you’ve shown real fight.

I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit shocked if you both stay up.

Our problem is that a lot of the teams below us are only a few points behind and that means that our distance from the bottom 3 could shorten very quickly especially with the games we’ve got coming up.

• Like 2