IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s not about tonight, it’s about realising the bloke has only taken a QUARTER of the available points on offer since 27th December and we’ve now lost four in a row. It’s an absolutely disastrous performance from him in this period.

I thought this thread was about tonights game. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Always going to be more of a game to get at them , so I didn't expect it to be a one sided drubbing .
Decent performance , but you have to question a few things .
He said Pring was carrying a knock , it looked like it . Why not switch to Roberts after they went 2-2 . At least he's fully fit.
Is Sykes fit ? Looked off the pace and I wonder if it's another throw of the dice getting him on.
Why wait so long to bring Conway on , could have used fresh legs earlier.

They are in a better place than us, had more impact from the bench and signed 2 strikers in Jan . Annoying because of what could have been , we had other chances , but probably better than many would have expected. 

Big game Sunday now. 

Only thing I would say re Sykes. Cornick was feeling his  hamstring & waving to the bench just before the change 

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We deserved a draw up until their changes but after that they throughly deserved the win. 

They scored immediately after making their changes, then had a short spell with crowd behind them. We regained control, scored a fantastic goal, then gave away a ridiculous free kick within a minute.

People will rewrite the second half based on 10 minutes after they equalised, which includes chances when we were chasing the game.

We were the better team for large periods. Individual mistakes cost us.

Edited by S_C
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Some mental posts here tbh.

I dont think you can fault our endeavour, and a significant improvement over the Cardiff game. Unfortunately Ipswich dont ever give up and we made a few individual errors.

You would have to be very polarised to directly blame Manning tonight

I think that is fair but Sykes and Pring clearly not match fit, now Harry might not be either. Think the largely 4 4 2, well, 4 4 1 1 suited us, but poor game management at key times. Can't kill games, can't keep our heads.

Well done Anis, Harry did his bit, Tommy scoring a positive, Max did well, but can't carry injured players through 90 + mins.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ok, but for balance are you giving him any credit for the starting team, the Conway substitution etc? 

I give him credit for playing to the teams strengths, playing to what this team was built for. 

However he failed to react to the changes and that's why we lost. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Would have made sense to get Roberts on. Maybe  to match them up . Pring into LCB and Robert WB .
Something should have been done , not just watch Cam get torn a new one.

Robert’s was poor on Sunday, it’s just as likely that Burns would of given him the same treatment imagine the reaction on here then

• Like 2

Difference between manning and mckenna... mehmeti causing a lot of problems so Ipswich bring on a dedicated right back and we looked toothless from then on..... burns causing all manner of problems so we persist with a not fully fit and blowing pring to the bitter end.

We looked dead on our feet with fresh legs needed, sykes didn't look close to fit.

King, mebude would at least have offered us that even when 3.2 down to chase game for 10/15 minutes at the end.

We do look a lot less fit as a team now.

• Like 2
Just now, TV Tom said:

Robert’s was poor on Sunday, it’s just as likely that Burns would of given him the same treatment imagine the reaction on here then

Get them both on and double up on Burns then. 

• Like 1

Cam was struggling late on and probably should've been subbed imo,I'm disappointed with sykes effort for the 3rd one and that pissed me off ,you've got to put yoir body on the line and block what you can in that position not wait and watch for a shot . You could see the effect it had. Its now a bit of a worry when we go behind  as our reaction over a period of time hasnt been brilliant, tactically or mentally .

Need to get ahead against Swansea  stay ahead and fight the bastard out till the end ,its that big for me.

Edited by Lennieb
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can’t believe people are suggesting it wasn’t a penalty. 100% a pen. 

Not sure if it had been the other way round we would have been awarded it?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Only thing I would say re Sykes. Cornick was feeling his  hamstring & waving to the bench just before the change 

That's all we need. 

I wish some of our squad wouldn't be such mates with the opposition as soon as the final whistle blows. They need to be stronger, particularly as we don't see that when we do manage to grind out a result.....

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Over the 100 minutes they deserved to win. They missed a pen and had another 2-3 great chances to score. 

You don’t judge a whole game on the last ten minutes, of course we are going to come under pressure away from home against the team second in the league and unbeaten at home for six month’s, overall I thought we deserved a draw at least, we made Ipswich look very ordinary for the vast majority of the game

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

He did and the Ipswich player falls away from Pring's trailing leg, but from the refs view goes over it.

Yeah such a faint touch it was hard to tell in real time. 

If there was VAR it would've been overturned no doubt. 

• Like 2