IGNORED

Credit where it is due

PFree

14 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Fair play, can't fault that, either team could've won that. Seeing where we currently are, .can't grumble.

On to the next one.

Yup but as usual the other team did. We must be cursed.

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I know it!  

That is difficult take. Particularly as it was Wes Burns that ripped us a new one. 

Pring had worked hard and was tired. Why didn't Manning bring fresh legs on with Roberts to combat Burns?

Edited by WECANDO
Error.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Pearson had us top half, crayon boy told us we had a squad that should be competing…..so what’s happened?

Crayon boy wouldn't know his lefts from his rights why anyone even listens to that absolute sausage I'd beyond me the bloke is a prize prat and clearly had an absolute mare trying to get him self out of the pearson stuff he isn't fit for purpose in the slightest neither is Steve Lansdown and neither is tinion blame them 

2 minutes ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Top 6 squad didn't you know. 😂

As a club we are so embarrassing.

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is what we’re reduced to now. We’ve lost our fourth game in a row to a club who’ve just spent four years in League One, but it’s OK because “we gave it a go”. So what if it felt different. It felt different against Southampton and we’ve lost every game since then. I have zero faith in Manning now, and even less faith in the people that put him there.

Meanwhile Ipswich join the long list of clubs that emerge from the depths of lower league football and pass us on the way up.

Sick of this club.

It will be Bolton & Portsmouth next season, clubs who have been on the brink of bankruptcy in the last 10-15 years. 
Watch them go past us over the next couple of seasons.

• Like 1

Before the game it seemed like a lot of people had written it off as another defeat but wanted to see an improved performance. And we got that for the most part.

Nobody's "celebrating" anything, just remarking that it was improved. If we'd produced anything near it in the last 3 games I doubt we'd be having all of these conversations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Northern Red said:

Before the game it seemed like a lot of people had written it off as another defeat but wanted to see an improved performance. And we got that for the most part.

Nobody's "celebrating" anything, just remarking that it was improved. If we'd produced anything near it in the last 3 games I doubt we'd be having all of these conversations.

Careful that’s subversively rational 😆

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is what we’re reduced to now. We’ve lost our fourth game in a row to a club who’ve just spent four years in League One, but it’s OK because “we gave it a go”. So what if it felt different. It felt different against Southampton and we’ve lost every game since then. I have zero faith in Manning now, and even less faith in the people that put him there.

Meanwhile Ipswich join the long list of clubs that emerge from the depths of lower league football and pass us on the way up.

Sick of this club.

Whole fanbase is too soft and forgiving. It's beyond depressing, yet another club with no right to be flying in the way they are flying past us to the PL. Oh well, at least we have a couple of academy graduates playing in the first team we can sell on for a couple of million. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Crayon boy wouldn't know his lefts from his rights why anyone even listens to that absolute sausage I'd beyond me the bloke is a prize prat and clearly had an absolute mare trying to get him self out of the pearson stuff he isn't fit for purpose in the slightest neither is Steve Lansdown and neither is tinion blame them 

I blame all of them but Manning is also complicit for the predicament we are in….dont get at least 3/4 points in the next 3 then we are in serious danger. 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Whole fanbase is too soft and forgiving. It's beyond depressing, yet another club with no right to be flying in the way they are flying past us to the PL. Oh well, at least we have a couple of academy graduates playing in the first team we can sell on for a couple of million. 

I totally agree with this as a club and a fan base we are abit pathetic really and sooooo accepting of just utter dross and underachievement you wouldn't get that in the mid lands or up north or London way

• Like 1

None of our chances came from periods of possession or breakimg them down, they were all from quick balls forwards in one form or another, probably 2, 3 max 4 touches by players from possession gained to chance.

None of this addresses the massive issues under manning against the poorer sides of the division.

Turning up against the better sides of the divvision and giving it a go but ultimately losing is great if you are picking up points elsewhere where you should but we aren't.

• Like 2

“We gave it a go” is obviously used because we are bereft of form, it a state of flux (understatement) and Ipswich have been in the top 3 all season.

Wah wah when’s it our turn, I want what the other boys have 🤫

• Facepalm 2

Tonight our disastrous transfer dealings were exposed. Ipswich brought on four fresh, high quality players, we made the only two subs we could have made, you cannot play Knght-Lebel or Mebude in that situation. Williams & TGH were knackered and we had no one to replace them. OK, arguably Roberts for Pring, but fairly certain Burns would have made him look stupid too. 

Edited by Southport Red

44 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sick of this club.

I don’t how you’re taking this on Manning but I agree around the “we gave it a go” crap, the players should’ve given it a go in the 3 games prior aswell. But they didn’t 

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Tonight our disastrous transfer dealings were exposed. Ipswich brought on four fresh, high quality players, we made the only two subs we could have made, you cannot play Knght-Lebel or Mebude in that situation. Williams & TGH were knackered and we had no one to replace them. OK, arguably Roberts for Pring, but fairly certain Burns would have made him look stupid too. 

I remember a game not that long ago against a team in blue and white (it’s Ipswich) where they were blowing out their arses last 25 mins, and it was us going strong at the end.

This was the match:

image.thumb.jpeg.792aff43f2b0418542ee6e8e9a701b6b.jpeg

Sykes at RB, King at CB…Idehen, J.James, Nelson on the bench, not including Bajic.  JKL had never played a first team minute.  Yeboah had, almost a veteran.

Context!

• Flames 4

Little ipswich. Ipswich tbf have a league pedigree we could only dream of :laugh:

And what they are doing now is exactly what we did in 08. And where have Ipswich been in those 16 years? Oh yeh in the ******* wilderness. 72 other teams trying to hit on the right formula in a similar way to us. You just dont see their failures so you think it’s magic dust when it comes together. Ipswich have mark Ashton, should we be employing people like him?

• Hmmm 1

It all points to poor in game management yet again. He may blame the players for not making the right decisions on the pitch at certain times but not deploying Roberts to help Pring or use the experienced of Andy King is mind boggling and niave. Again to set up yet again with two subs short is also crazy even if it was a couple of U21's the squad experience would be immeasurable.

It is yet another indication that he is way out of his depth at this level.

I remember Cotts doing it to spite the owners for being rebuffed on signings before shortly getting the Spanish archer. One can hope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remember a game not that long ago against a team in blue and white (it’s Ipswich) where they were blowing out their arses last 25 mins, and it was us going strong at the end.

This was the match:

image.thumb.jpeg.792aff43f2b0418542ee6e8e9a701b6b.jpeg

Sykes at RB, King at CB…Idehen, J.James, Nelson on the bench, not including Bajic.  JKL had never played a first team minute.  Yeboah had, almost a veteran.

Context!

Experience in that team, oh and 9 subs.  Also, a manager who was able to change tactics. Also steam United, with a clear identity and purpose and playing to it’s strengths. #context. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Was it an improved performance? 

It's an improved performance from the Cardiff game however we weren't playing a Cardiff tonight. 

We were playing a team that allowed us to play the same way as we did against Forest, West Ham and Southampton so in that context is it an improvement? 

• Like 2

I thought LM tactically first half got it right reducing free-flowing Ipswich to virtually nothing, second half I thought Mckenna got it right with his tactics and substitutions 

Overall I think the club will back Manning in the summer to build the team in the way he wants with the ingredients he needs...may work may not ..have some reservations but generally happy to give him a chance.

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Ipswich have also avoided rather a lot of injuries all told. They have not had all that many major ones through the season which helps.

2 hours ago, PFree said:

Okay, beaten in the end by a side who were better than us, but fair play, we gave it a real go. Along with most others, I’ve been really disappointed after the last three games but tonight felt different.

Finally, well done to our fans who made the journey, horrible place to get to and it takes flipping ages.

Means nothing, unless we see a similar performance (and more importantly, three points) on Sunday.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Little ipswich. Ipswich tbf have a league pedigree we could only dream of :laugh:

And what they are doing now is exactly what we did in 08. And where have Ipswich been in those 16 years? Oh yeh in the ******* wilderness. 72 other teams trying to hit on the right formula in a similar way to us. You just dont see their failures so you think it’s magic dust when it comes together. Ipswich have mark Ashton, should we be employing people like him?

I spent a day recently working with someone who is a big Ipswich fan.  A knowledgeable guy who knew his football and was very complimentary about us and that we really should be enjoying some success.

In discussing Ipswich this season he puts it extensively down to solid driven motivation, everyone from the programme sellers, to the people selling pies and pints, ball boys, players, management team, directors and yes Mark Ashton and in turn supporters have developed a focused belief.  The players are good but they’re not that good in his view.  There is a buzz around Portman Rd describing it like church bells ringing.  He expected this season to be one of consolidation but he’s enjoying every minute even finishing work early midweek to drive ridiculous mileage to away games he would have probably given a miss in the past.

Thats the difference and what we do not have.  We had it under GJ, getting to the playoff final.

However……..he is worried that they’ve overspent with recruitment and the reinforcements they brought in taking into account wages etc, to an extent that they must now get to the prem’ or this will bite them firmly in the arse.

Watching tonight’s game just brought this back to mind, so we either drift along or how do we get what they’ve got ?

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

I spent a day recently working with someone who is a big Ipswich fan.  A knowledgeable guy who knew his football and was very complimentary about us and that we really should be enjoying some success.

In discussing Ipswich this season he puts it extensively down to solid driven motivation, everyone from the programme sellers, to the people selling pies and pints, ball boys, players, management team, directors and yes Mark Ashton and in turn supporters have developed a focused belief.  The players are good but they’re not that good in his view.  There is a buzz around Portman Rd describing it like church bells ringing.  He expected this season to be one of consolidation but he’s enjoying every minute even finishing work early midweek to drive ridiculous mileage to away games he would have probably given a miss in the past.

Thats the difference and what we do not have.  We had it under GJ, getting to the playoff final.

However……..he is worried that they’ve overspent with recruitment and the reinforcements they brought in taking into account wages etc, to an extent that they must now get to the prem’ or this will bite them firmly in the arse.

Watching tonight’s game just brought this back to mind, so we either drift along or how do we get what they’ve got ?

They have what we did- but we were never at this ratio of points. What they are doing in a high Parachute Payments aligned with FFP, with 3 large sides at this level relegated to the level at once, *I truly doff my cap.

*- Except Mark Ashton, the smug slimy near wrecker of our medium term future!!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sick of this club.

I was planning to write something similar, but don't think I could've put it better myself.

Today was undoubtedly an improved performance, but ultimately it's a 4th consecutive defeat for us.

There have been a fair few posts on the forum tonight along the lines of - "Ipswich are quality, we gave it a go. What more could we want?"

Granted, Ipswich are flying at the moment, but we were 2-1 up with 15 minutes to play against a team in the same division as us. How can we come away with 0 points from that position and simply be happy that we gave them a decent game?

Do we really have that little self respect? That little self belief? That little ambition?

If we come away from a night like tonight feeling positive, what does that say about where we are as a club? And what does that say about who we are as a club?

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, PFree said:

Okay, beaten in the end by a side who were better than us, but fair play, we gave it a real go. Along with most others, I’ve been really disappointed after the last three games but tonight felt different.

Finally, well done to our fans who made the journey, horrible place to get to and it takes flipping ages.

We never go to these types of places and win and I’m sick of it. Unbelievable that people are happy when we ‘have a go’ - that’s the minimum we should expect 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

I'm not blaming manning it's the squad we have such a poor squad of players absolutely 0 quality what so ever must be so frustrating for manning 

Well, the players were good enough to be in a very comfortable position when Manning arrived!  Who else do we blame, other than the plonkers who appointed him?

• Like 1
  • Flames 2