IGNORED

Credit where it is due

PFree

1 minute ago, WeAreThePigs said:

I think he has something, I like the press and what he is trying but too many mistakes and limitations for my liking.

I think that the only 'something' he has is a lack of anything beneficial.

3 hours ago, TheJudge07 said:

I don't really understand why we are applauding a defeat because the players put in a shift?? That is the minimum requirement every game we play. This is a 4th successive defeat and a record since Nigel left that has us 23rd - its relegation form. It is not acceptable. 7 wins in 25 and 10 defeats is nowhere near good enough. This is a results business and sadly he is not getting results. The Board dug out Nigel publicly for this. This is much worse.  He can only play one way and he is completely out of his depth. That is not surprising given this is his first stint in the Championship. That is the sad reality and we have seen it all before with this owner and the people in charge. They have no idea as to what is required to get to the top.    The players he has cannot play tippy tappy football and he needs results fast. I genuinely dont think he can get a tune out of them and those results he has attained appear to be one offs.   The team are not able to play that penetrating pass that opens up teams and this passing around the back and side to side is pointless. They dont retain the ball with purpose and probe defences, simply because we dont have that level of player. We dont really control the game through possession and that is the flaw of Manning and the modern coaches. They are trying to copy Guardiola, forgetting he has had 1 billion to do it. Personally, I think this is going to get worse before it gets better and if we dont win against Swansea, I am not sure where the next points are coming from.  We still need 10 points to be safe and I think we are sleep walking our way to relegation. There is always one team that drops like a stone and it could be us.....   I would be minded to terminate this disastrous appointment. Michael Duff was a bit unlucky at Swansea - he might fit us quite well given his style of play. 

Good post, although I don't think we are sleep walking to the trap door - I think most now are wide awake & horribly aware to the possibility ..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Good post, although I don't think we are sleep walking to the trap door - I think most now are wide awake & horribly aware to the possibility ..

A few people did warn this was a possibility a few weeks ago. It might shock a few of the people defending everything the hierarchy does that none of us wanted to be looking over our shoulders but thanks to "your pick" (i.e. Anyone But Nige) that's exactly where we are until Sunday at the very least.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Almost as if NPs legacy has drifted and LMs influence taken over  eh Numero 😉

And as for the ones screaming for this , and outing NP

Many have lost their internet connection and others are simply doubling down 

It's not lost on me that those who wanted Nige out because results were not good enough are the same ones who are waxing lyrical about our performance last night!

It's amazing how Nige wasn't doing good enough but that Mannings results are good enough because 'its not his players' 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

But that’s the point…are people judging him on the whole game, or just the bits that suit?

Manning talked about only having one game (Leeds) where they hadn’t hit his levels (until recent games), yet probably had only had two 90-minute performances (Watford away / Saints home) - that doesn’t really match-up does it.  And I don’t set my bar at 90-minute dominance either.

Just the bits that suit. They don't want to talk about the chronic mistakes Manning made last night, they just want to focus on how 'we were the better team for 70 mins' 

Over the 105 minutes Ipswich were the better team. 

Our footballing performance was probably a 3/4 last night. The all round performance which includes being gritty etc made it about a 5/6. 

59 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A few people did warn this was a possibility a few weeks ago. It might shock a few of the people defending everything the hierarchy does that none of us wanted to be looking over our shoulders but thanks to "your pick" (i.e. Anyone But Nige) that's exactly where we are until Sunday at the very least.

It's the classic case of be careful what you wish for.

Most of us understood the parameters Nige was working within. We could also see that despite this progress was being made although it was slow. 

Some people wanted him gone for whatever reason. They all went on record saying what a great appointment Manning was and that he'd take us forward etc and that vindicated the decision to sack Nige. 

The reality is all the warning signs of this relegation battle was there right from the start of Mannings time here. That QPR game is the worst game I've ever watched. 

The cup games were a welcome relief from the pain of the dross we served up in the league. 

If we stay up it will be because of those 3 wins in a row. It's incredible we are finding ourselves even talking about relegation. But that was the gamble we took simply because progress wasn't happening fast enough for some. 

• Like 3