IGNORED

Credit where it is due

PFree

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

I'm not blaming manning it's the squad we have such a poor squad of players absolutely 0 quality what so ever must be so frustrating for manning 

And the award for bullshit post of the night goes to....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

I'm not blaming manning it's the squad we have such a poor squad of players absolutely 0 quality what so ever must be so frustrating for manning 

Yeah, they were so poor, they spent more than half of the time in the early third of the season floating around 10th place.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, they were so poor, they spent more than half of the time in the early third of the season floating around 10th place.

We are technically poor we have a team of runners... that one gets you so far stop making out we were world beaters under person we weren't we were below average under him aswell 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 6

Just now, BCFC31 said:

We are technically poor we have a team of runners... that one gets you so far stop making out we were world beaters under person we weren't we were below average under him aswell 

How many more times?

He's a builder. 

He was building.

He had layed the foundations that are now being dug up.

This bloke couldn't build with ****ing Lego.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

How many more times?

He's a builder. 

He was building.

He had layed the foundations that are now being dug up.

This bloke couldn't build with ****ing Lego.

This is completely against my point that I am saying the players are technically atrocious though isn't it

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Really?

I think most would disagree. 

I can be though. Sometimes.

Not in this instance.

I don't care what most on here agree with I am not the sort of person who post on here for likes I speak my mind it's about diversified topic and options and it's what I beileve we won't all agree with everything we read on here 

Edited by BCFC31

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

This is completely against my point that I am saying the players are technically atrocious though isn't it

Well if they are technically atrocious, surely NP was doing a good job, no?

• Like 2

Just now, BCFC31 said:

I don't care what most of here agree with I am not the sort of person who post on here for likes I speak my mind it's about diversified topic and options and it's what I beileve we won't all agree with everything we read on here 

Absolutely. 

Your opinion. No problem.

This forum is for debate. 

I just happen to disagree.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well if they are technically atrocious, surely NP was doing a good job, no?

Again this is counter to what I am saying I am saying the players are shocking yes person was doing a good job the blame is with jl bt how an earth they could think these players would play an intricate passing system is madness

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

Just now, BCFC31 said:

Again this is counter to what I am saying I am saying the players are shocking yes person was doing a good job the blame is with jl bt how an earth they could thing these players would play an intricate passing system is madness

And on this we DO agree.

I don't agree that they are atrocious. 

But otherwise this is correct. 

NP could see it. So set us up as a counter-attacking side. Pretty much home and away. 

Of course, if he had been kept on and backed in the transfer market, he could have changed that. 

It's no coincidence that Manning's only good results have come against teams that force us to play the way that NP drilled us to.

• Like 3

Technically atrocious I dunno. They have shortcomings of course and they are better suited to a pacier, more counter attacking game (which frankly is more enjoyable in a lot of cases IMO) but atrocious is ott to say the least.

I hardly thought last year post the change to 4-3-3ish when Naismith and Scott in the midfield and Atkinson at the back and yes Vyner too in certain scenarios that classed as technically atrocious. We have some holes but a fully fit Atkinson, Naismith, Twine would again improve us in this regard not the atrocious point is particularly fair in any event.

Plus James of course. I'm not saying he is expansive but atrocious he ain't.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I know it!  

That is difficult take. Particularly as it was Wes Burns that ripped us a new one. 

Well at least he proved he wasn't good enough for us, I say well done to the lad & anyone else who sees their future elsewhere because at the moment we are definitely a no-where club.

Really hurts me to say that :10_1_108:

It was fine margins. Nakhi's shot goes in off the post and I couldn't see them coming back from 2 down. City would have had a bit more belief being 2 up. Ipswich getting the equaliser so quick meant a huge momentum shift and they were buzzing. 

Ipswich always thought they could go on and win the game. We were just hoping we could.

I get the feeling that there are a few players in that side that know they aren't going to be there next season and are marking time.

I was encouraged by last night, as I also was by Watford and Middlesbrough away and Southampton at home, but there's also been some dire stuff played against QPR, Cardiff and Sheff Wed too. 

Lansdown isn't going to sack Manning until he's had a summer to buy players he needs and has a preseason. Manning will be gone by October if we're still not performing consistently by then. I really hope we are because I don't want another's season like this one.

6 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

I spent a day recently working with someone who is a big Ipswich fan.  A knowledgeable guy who knew his football and was very complimentary about us and that we really should be enjoying some success.

In discussing Ipswich this season he puts it extensively down to solid driven motivation, everyone from the programme sellers, to the people selling pies and pints, ball boys, players, management team, directors and yes Mark Ashton and in turn supporters have developed a focused belief.  The players are good but they’re not that good in his view.  There is a buzz around Portman Rd describing it like church bells ringing.  He expected this season to be one of consolidation but he’s enjoying every minute even finishing work early midweek to drive ridiculous mileage to away games he would have probably given a miss in the past.

Thats the difference and what we do not have.  We had it under GJ, getting to the playoff final.

However……..he is worried that they’ve overspent with recruitment and the reinforcements they brought in taking into account wages etc, to an extent that they must now get to the prem’ or this will bite them firmly in the arse.

Watching tonight’s game just brought this back to mind, so we either drift along or how do we get what they’ve got ?

I think a lot of the togetherness you describe there is what we were building under Nige. The foundations were in place and the deadwood had mostly been slung. 

But rather than back the best manager we’ve had in years, they stabbed him in the back. 

And that’s why we’re so intolerant of Manning when in reality he’s only half way up a sacking ladder that we watched LJ climb to the top of twice. 

Problem is what comes next. It’s either sack Manning - in which we have to go through our Mickey Mouse ‘best man for the job’ nonsense. Or, more worryingly for me, the ‘let’s throw money at him to prove he’s the right man’ approach - which will end up in us needing Nige again. 

We have some genuinely good players here now and they’re being made to look shit. Stupid club. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

I spent a day recently working with someone who is a big Ipswich fan.  A knowledgeable guy who knew his football and was very complimentary about us and that we really should be enjoying some success.

In discussing Ipswich this season he puts it extensively down to solid driven motivation, everyone from the programme sellers, to the people selling pies and pints, ball boys, players, management team, directors and yes Mark Ashton and in turn supporters have developed a focused belief.  The players are good but they’re not that good in his view.  There is a buzz around Portman Rd describing it like church bells ringing.  He expected this season to be one of consolidation but he’s enjoying every minute even finishing work early midweek to drive ridiculous mileage to away games he would have probably given a miss in the past.

Thats the difference and what we do not have.  We had it under GJ, getting to the playoff final.

However……..he is worried that they’ve overspent with recruitment and the reinforcements they brought in taking into account wages etc, to an extent that they must now get to the prem’ or this will bite them firmly in the arse.

Watching tonight’s game just brought this back to mind, so we either drift along or how do we get what they’ve got ?

Good post. We've had two promotion seasons like that. One under GJ and one under Cotts. GJ went on to almost take us up again. Cotts didn't get a chance. Under GJ we were buzzing for that season until we got to the play off final. It's all about momentum.

We haven't learned any lessons and we've not kicked on after those two seasons. Ipswich are riding that buzz at the moment. Good luck to them. I'd rather see them promoted than a parachute payment club like Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. It goes to show it can be done.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

It was fine margins. Nakhi's shot goes in off the post and I couldn't see them coming back from 2 down. City would have had a bit more belief being 2 up. Ipswich getting the equaliser so quick meant a huge momentum shift and they were buzzing. 

Ipswich always thought they could go on and win the game. We were just hoping we could.

I get the feeling that there are a few players in that side that know they aren't going to be there next season and are marking time.

I was encouraged by last night, as I also was by Watford and Middlesbrough away and Southampton at home, but there's also been some dire stuff played against QPR, Cardiff and Sheff Wed too. 

Lansdown isn't going to sack Manning until he's had a summer to buy players he needs and has a preseason. Manning will be gone by October if we're still not performing consistently by then. I really hope we are because I don't want another's season like this one.

I was encouraged as well. - up to a point. Manning got his tactics right particularly in the first half when our high block kept them penned their own half.

Unfortunately second 45 Ipswich found a way to counter the block by utilising width on both wings.Their substitutions made a significant difference as well. Countering a block either deep or high that both QPR and Cardiff adopted but Manning couldn’t come up with a strategy to counter it.

He really looks as if  he’s out of his depth.

19 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

That last paragraph is worst case scenario for me. Give him the summer, spend some money only to then sack a few months later and we go into yet another rebuild. 

If we lose Sunday we may be better off replacing before the summer and starting again then.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was encouraged as well. - up to a point. Manning got his tactics right particularly in the first half when our high block kept them penned their own half.

Unfortunately second 45 Ipswich found a way to counter the block by utilising width on both wings.Their substitutions made a significant difference as well. Countering a block either deep or high that both QPR and Cardiff adopted but Manning couldn’t come up with a strategy to counter it.

He's going to get lots of time to learn to swim unfortunately because he won't get the sack and we all know it. He shouldn't be managing our team and it still makes me angry to think about how he got the job 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Good post. We've had two promotion seasons like that. One under GJ and one under Cotts. GJ went on to almost take us up again. Cotts didn't get a chance. Under GJ we were buzzing for that season until we got to the play off final. It's all about momentum.

We haven't learned any lessons and we've not kicked on after those two seasons. Ipswich are riding that buzz at the moment. Good luck to them. I'd rather see them promoted than a parachute payment club like Leeds, Leicester or Southampton. It goes to show it can be done.

If you take all the emotion and relationships out of it I find it amazing Lansdown can’t see what’s been common in the successful managers of the last 20 years. Still he thinks the way to progress is a young up coming manager who is, perceptually at least, a yes man. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

That last paragraph is worst case scenario for me. Give him the summer, spend some money only to then sack a few months later and we go into yet another rebuild. 

If we lose Sunday we may be better off replacing before the summer and starting again then.

Completely agree. But we're stuck with him as long as the Lansdowns are around and it's sickening 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Disagree , there are some technically good players in the squad . The next bit is worrying as he seems to be taking the hard running bit away while not adding anything.  When we have struggled in games we have worked hard and been fitter towards the end. Last night I saw players looking like they were carrying knocks and looking leggy during the least busy period for some time. 
Not saying that Pearson was perfect , but the togetherness and fitness looked well above what they do now.

24 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Problem is what comes next. It’s either sack Manning - in which we have to go through our Mickey Mouse ‘best man for the job’ nonsense. Or, more worryingly for me, the ‘let’s throw money at him to prove he’s the right man’ approach - which will end up in us needing Nige again. 

We have some genuinely good players here now and they’re being made to look shit. Stupid club. 

There is another , totally Bristol City , or at least Lansdown route. They back him with money, but don't trust him with it so it will be spent on BT's and the Clubs choices. They then won't be exactly what he wants anyway, probably won't fit the brief and we carry on going the way we are with higher wage bill and another bloated squad . 

Lansdown's version of Groundhog day .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Careful that’s subversively rational 😆

Some of us actually like rational, sometimes, as opposed to absurd abuse most give the club we support!

Much improved, all City fans happy for 89 mins - not every away game we can say that. Onwards now for Sunday. Keep the faith, keep the support of the club, ease off on the blame and dont get personally vindictive just because we are behind a keyboard. My opinion and I love it

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We gave them a really good game in the second half. I imagine most Ipswich fans would say that was one of the tougher games they've had all season

7 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Some of us actually like rational, sometimes, as opposed to absurd abuse most give the club we support!

Much improved, all City fans happy for 89 mins - not every away game we can say that. Onwards now for Sunday. Keep the faith, keep the support of the club, ease off on the blame and dont get personally vindictive just because we are behind a keyboard. My opinion and I love it

So how do you rationalise that we are currently in a terrible run of form and that overall since Manning arrived our form has at best been bottom 6 rather than the top 6 spouted by Jon Lansdown? Not being vindictive just laying out the facts!

• Like 1