IGNORED

Manning Interview

It's the lansdowns and tinion that need to go surely now even the happiest if clapping fans can see this how anyone can blame any of this on manning is mind numbing! 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Simply the wrong guy.

He must at some level know this himself

He must go and by next Monday if not sooner

Then what ? Bring somone else in only for them to fail under the current regime. Right okay 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

‘Emotions’ had no impact on Wes taking Pring to the cleaners. Difficult when he is clearly carrying a knock, and would have brought on Roberts I think, bank of 4 in front of a bank of 5, deny them space and just grind it out. Instead last 20 we were overrun, even though we went ahead in that period.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

It's the lansdowns and tinion that need to go surely now even the happiest if clapping fans can see this how anyone can blame any of this on manning is mind numbing! 

SL is hardly likely to or be able to sack himself but 2/3 should be feasible.

Tinnion back to Academy type role, Manning and Jon Lansdown out.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Then what ? Bring somone else in only for them to fail under the current regime. Right okay 

Yes but unless SL steps in, JL & BT won't be going anywhere. 

No harm in giving him a proper go next season after a pre-season/some of his own signings. Until the Lansdown’s go the prem is a pipe dream anyway.

If relegation starts to look very on, then we’ll have to change sooner, but shouldn’t come to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 4

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do feel a bit sorry for him. The players can't adapt fully to how he wants to play. I'm sure the club isn't going to rebuild the squad in the summer for him. Perhaps he'll be better off elsewhere

I suspect he's thinking that himself tbh, if only he'd waited for Swansea.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As critical as I am of Manning, people have hit the nail on the head time and time again in that the issues go well above him alone.

Ed and Gary were discussing this on Radio Bristol. JL created the pressure on Manning from the get go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do feel a bit sorry for him. The players can't adapt fully to how he wants to play. I'm sure the club isn't going to rebuild the squad in the summer for him. Perhaps he'll be better off elsewhere

They will have to. They can’t sack a manager the way they did and then not back his replacement. This really is last chance saloon for the Lansdowns here, no doubt about it. I think Manning will come good, but the pressure on this summers transfer window is insane. 

• Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Tinnion in charge until the end of the season.

sounds crazy but who knows with the clowns in charge.

• Sad 1

Crazy how a mood sets in, just becomes a tide which people get swept up in.

Thought everything he said was spot on. I’d have liked him to offer more praise for the performance but he certainly didn’t hang anyone out to dry. He’s right, emotion/concentration/decisiveness, however you want to phrase it, cost us. All three goals were hugely avoidable.

Blame him when he’s at fault, for sure. He isn’t at fault for tonight.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

Is the Swansea game the turning point then?

A positive performance and a healthy win and we don't look back?

Or another loss at a whimper and an atmosphere more toxic than we've seen in years?

It feels to me its going to come down to that. The following games are harder for sure and whilst there isn't really such a thing as a must win game, this feels like one. 

• Like 3

Just now, edada said:

Keeps talking about emotions and the players not controlling the emotional side of it. I don’t get it. I’m not convinced the players are getting it either. 

If this confused us, after 2-3 minutes imagine what it does to players who get it 6 days a week….. 

and there is the issue. 

He over complicates things, he’s not capable to succeed at this level, with this club. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

No harm in giving him a proper go next season after a pre-season/some of his own signings. Until the Lansdown’s go the prem is a pipe dream anyway.

If relegation starts to look very on, then we’ll have to change sooner, but shouldn’t come to that.

I don't feel that confident about avoiding relegation.

Agree with you on the Lansdown. I've had enough. Thanks for the stadium that 'Bristol City' do not own.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Tim Monaghan said:

They will have to. They can’t sack a manager the way they did and then not back his replacement. This really is last chance saloon for the Lansdowns here, no doubt about it. I think Manning will come good, but the pressure on this summers transfer window is insane. 

In which division..

We cannot cannot get relegated.

I think we will be fine but will we stay up under Manning?

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

There could be 3 or 4 years of harm if the money is spent unwisely. Based on what I've seen, I couldn't trust him with my cheque book.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just watching on Sky. He’s saying that the 4 subs by them made a huge impact - but it’s him that can impact that, surely????

Our squad’s not strong enough though. He put Sykes and Conway on and they’ve got us our second goal (albeit Sykes did not do enough for their third). Not sure I would have rushed to bring on anyone else from the subs bench though. 

Edited by eardun
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Ed and Gary were discussing this on Radio Bristol. JL created the pressure on Manning from the get go.

Ed Hadwin has a really strange love-in for Manning. Gary Owers was 100% right to challenge him on it. Hadwin keeps pushing his own personal agenda every time he hosts and is very quick to shut down fans who he doesn’t agree with.

Bring back Geoff, so much better than Hadwin, Hoskins or Ray.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1