IGNORED

Manning Interview

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

He joined with a lessening injury list , a team that could run all day and were as fit as anyone in the league , plus were an honest and hard working bunch with a great bond.

Now Injuries increasing , fitness looks like dropping off and they look tired towards the end of games . Plus for the first time in ages players look frustrated and look like they're blaming each other . 

We have gone backwards in every aspect as far as I can see .

Fully agree, particularly your point about the players being a honest, hard working and together.

Manning's so-called "front foot football" has taken us backwards. I don't believe he knows what that style of football looks like, or how to implement it.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

If you remember back to when Nige arrived he expressed concern about players’ fitness.  We seem to be slipping back into old ways under Manning.  I really don’t like the sidelining of the Academy players under Manning.  Worried re summer recruitment, as should he still be here, god forbid; will we recruit, as in the recent past, too many have been’s and never will be’s.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 12:34, Henry said:

Thanks and @Simez.

A CB would have been nice. However, as we all know, the Scott ‘replacement’ was the priority. We could have done both with the money.

Went well!!  Spooky he was mentioned yesterday!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

If you remember back to when Nige arrived he expressed concern about players’ fitness.  We seem to be slipping back into old ways under Manning.  I really don’t like the sidelining of the Academy players under Manning.  Worried re summer recruitment, as should he still be here, god forbid; will we recruit, as in the recent past, too many have been’s and never will be’s.

To be honest the 7 subs thing is ridiculous. Surely good experience for academy players to be on the bench and part of match day. Seriously getting fed up with this appointment, lost some great people in Nige, Curtis and Jason. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

That’s the problem with having a coach rather than a manager, they just think about the short term and doing what it takes to keep them in a job. 
That results in ignoring the players coming through the youth system because it’s too much of a risk to play them. It also means they are more likely to risk picking players who have yet to fully recover from injury. Ensuring the fitness of the team is a long term activity - a short term coach doesn’t give it as much importance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

To be honest the 7 subs thing is ridiculous. Surely good experience for academy players to be on the bench and part of match day. Seriously getting fed up with this appointment, lost some great people in Nige, Curtis and Jason. 

Given our squad limitations and Manning’s reluctance to give youth a chance in any shape or form, I’m still at a loss as to why we let Andi go to West Brom… surely he’d be better coming off the bench for us rather than them?

6 hours ago, FNQ said:

Given our squad limitations and Manning’s reluctance to give youth a chance in any shape or form, I’m still at a loss as to why we let Andi go to West Brom… surely he’d be better coming off the bench for us rather than them?

Save on wages for twine maybe seems to only logical reason just a guess mind but yeah did seem a strange with our squad so small.