IGNORED

Manning Interview

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

And what did they do to Pearson as soon as it started to bear fruit…

Whoever the manager is, they will ensure we fail. That’s exactly my point!

That I can agree with.

What I can’t is that giving Manning time and money can do no harm.

It will leave us with a really disjointed squad for one as he tries to integrate new signings used to his system with the existing players who aren’t capable of it. We’ll have the worst mish-mash. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

They will have to. They can’t sack a manager the way they did and then not back his replacement. This really is last chance saloon for the Lansdowns here, no doubt about it. I think Manning will come good, but the pressure on this summers transfer window is insane. 

There is no money in the summer. Only money for transfers will be money we generate 

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

well it depends if JL sticks to his remit. 

I can't see them splashing the cash

I can’t see it either, but I feel that they have to. We aren’t under any FFP pressure and the fans (including me) are starting to get very restless. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

People saying Sunday could be hostile if we lose etc……it won’t though, a few boos and that’ll be it. Heard it was gonna be toxic when Pearson was unfairly sacked and majority of fans weren’t happy…..not a whimper from the Ashton Gate crowd….you wouldn’t even had known Pearson had been sacked 

I think there will be quite a few missing on Sunday. Mothers Day, four defeats in a row etc. etc.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

They scored 10 seconds after the 4 subs. We’d brought Sykes on and he switched off. 
Not sure how LM could have reacted to the 4 subs when they literally scored immediately after 

Oh I totally agree in the immediate aftermath- but there was a long time to go where he could have done more.

• Like 1

Wonder if Pearson is still living in the area. Lansdowns would get a lot of respect if they held their hands up and admitted this isn’t working, they won’t though! Wonder if NP would enjoy telling them to do one or if he’d be tempted. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

No harm in giving him a proper go next season after a pre-season/some of his own signings. Until the Lansdown’s go the prem is a pipe dream anyway.

If relegation starts to look very on, then we’ll have to change sooner, but shouldn’t come to that.

No , he’s not up to it . Neither are the board. Why let him get some players in only to sack him & someone else got players they don’t want. 
all our experience is leaving. We’ll be left with a young squad , a young out of his depth manager & an incompetent board & technical director . We will get relegated if he stays next season 

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

What's he said there that's incorrect?

There's enough to legitimately criticise him for without inventing things to get annoyed about.

Doesn't matter that the plan worked for X amount of the game. Ultimately the plan stopped working. It had nothing to do with the players switching off from the plan like he suggests. It's a simple fact that we needed another plan to counter their change in plan yet we didn't have one. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I can’t see it either, but I feel that they have to. We aren’t under any FFP pressure and the fans (including me) are starting to get very restless. 

I can't help thinking they'll just make the situation worse by bringing in some new players. Granted that Matty James, Andy King, prob Nahki will be going

11 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

They will have to. They can’t sack a manager the way they did and then not back his replacement. This really is last chance saloon for the Lansdowns here, no doubt about it. I think Manning will come good, but the pressure on this summers transfer window is insane. 

How the hell  is it the last chance for the Lansdowns. Steve owns the club and will go when it suits him. And he is hardly going to sack his son. And I would love to know what Manning has done to make you think he will come good. He looks like a lost child on the sidelines unable to influence what is going on in front of him.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, Curr Avon said:

But tonight he did. We played quick balls into the channels and scored goals. What would you have done differently with our attacking strategy?

None of our strikers can play up front on their own. Not once has he played Wells & Conway together in a two man forward line. If he'd studied  footage he would know that it's worked previously & the players are happy with it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

How the hell  is it the last chance for the Lansdowns. Steve owns the club and will go when it suits him. And he is hardly going to sack his son. And I would love to know what Manning has done to make you think he will come good. He looks like a lost child on the sidelines unable to influence what is going on in front of him.

JL could suddenly have more pressing business in Bermuda. It's not an impossibity

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chrizzler said:

None of our strikers can play up front on their own. Not once has he played Wells & Conway together in a two man forward line. If he'd studied  footage he would know that it's worked previously & the players are happy with it. 

Because Conway doesn’t block or press the same way Wells and Knight do. 
If you lose Knight from that position you basically have to change the whole defensive set up 

• Like 1

Just now, Andy082005 said:

There is no money in the summer. Only money for transfers will be money we generate 

What do you mean by that? We are well clear of FFP by @Mr Popodopolous figures. If they don’t spend, and we go into the first 10 games of next season looking shite, then the Lansdowns are going to be in big trouble. Imagine how toxic it’ll be. The tide is seriously against them at the moment and it will only get worse if things don’t improve. 

8 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

People saying Sunday could be hostile if we lose etc……it won’t though, a few boos and that’ll be it. Heard it was gonna be toxic when Pearson was unfairly sacked and majority of fans weren’t happy…..not a whimper from the Ashton Gate crowd….you wouldn’t even had known Pearson had been sacked 

Did you miss the reaction at the end v Cardiff in parts of the Dolman and South Stand/Safe Standing area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I don't disagree. Even they can get it right occasionally though. I just think Manning is one of those "got it wrong again dad" appointments.

Can see entirely where you and @38MC are coming from. Think I might just be getting a bit indifferent to it all. Long season this 😭

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

We played with a front 2 tonight to contain Ipswich, and it worked well until the substitutions, especially Burns introduction.

I don’t think LM did that much wrong today. First half we neutered them and that was spot on. The difference was the bench today pretty much, and some lack of concentration at key times. Maybe could have tried to tighten up with ten to go, but we are far from the first team Ipswich have done this to this year.

The core issue is not this type of match, where he can evolve a bit from Pearson ball and we look ‘ok’. It’s working out what the heck we do when we play the bottom ten, where we are shocking at the moment. Get done by Swansea then it’s going to get more sweaty than it had any right to.

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

JL could suddenly have more pressing business in Bermuda. It's not an impossibity

Many have spoken on here about Steve Lansdown not being prepared to sack Manning or Tinnion because he doesn't like to be shown to be wrong. So how does that fit with getting rid of his Son. He would be the very last to go.  The only one who will go in the end will be Manning.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do feel a bit sorry for him. The players can't adapt fully to how he wants to play. I'm sure the club isn't going to rebuild the squad in the summer for him. Perhaps he'll be better off elsewhere

Hoping he walks, he shouldn’t have been given this job. Totally wrong fit. Sadly Brian and Jon are stubborn and will back him this summer, rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No , he’s not up to it . Neither are the board. Why let him get some players in only to sack him & someone else got players they don’t want. 
all our experience is leaving. We’ll be left with a young squad , a young out of his depth manager & an incompetent board & technical director . We will get relegated if he stays next season 

We wasted the Kelly/Webster cash with an incompetent manager, let’s not make the same mistake twice. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

What do you mean by that? We are well clear of FFP by @Mr Popodopolous figures. If they don’t spend, and we go into the first 10 games of next season looking shite, then the Lansdowns are going to be in big trouble. Imagine how toxic it’ll be. The tide is seriously against them at the moment and it will only get worse if things don’t improve. 

I mean exactly that. We will not be investing much - if any money at all. We will have to sell to buy

Thats from the poster formerly known as BCFCShags 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Many have spoken on here about Steve Lansdown not being prepared to sack Manning or Tinnion because he doesn't like to be shown to be wrong. So how does that fit with getting rid of his Son. He would be the very last to go.  The only one who will go in the end will be Manning.

It's SL's money and investment at the end of the day…if we get relegated

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

I mean exactly that. We will not be investing much - if any money at all. We will have to sell to buy

Thats from the poster formerly known as BCFCShags 

Why though, it can't be FFP surely??

That would not stack in light of the income, the cuts, the transfer profits and other clubs and their activity.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

34 minutes ago, Royce5nine said:

He sounds sad. Steve Lansdown please put him out of his misery and go with him! He's more suited to a Sunday League team in Guernsey.

What do expect him to sound?

He's hardly going to be jumping for joy for fux sake!!!

• Like 1