IGNORED

Manning Interview

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

They will have to. They can’t sack a manager the way they did and then not back his replacement. This really is last chance saloon for the Lansdowns here, no doubt about it. I think Manning will come good, but the pressure on this summers transfer window is insane. 

they didn't exactly back him in January. I can't see them having a clear out unless we go down. It'll cost the club a fortune.

They should just face up to their mistake like they did with Deano.

• Flames 4

1 minute ago, Unan said:

Surely he didn’t say this?

I thought the same, then realised that after some of the stuff he's said recently, he quite likely did say that.

For what it's worth, I still don't know if he said it, I'm just getting a sense of Johnson-vu again with all these soundbites and "not my fault" comments.

What he needs to remember is that he inherited a side that was capable of the top 6. BT and JL said so when Pearson was sacked...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unan said:

Surely he didn’t say this?

Paraphrased but essentially yes imo. 

"For 90% of the game the plan worked and the players did a terrific job of executing it but ultimately in an atmosphere like this and you know the quality they've got, if you switch off in key moments you get punished like we did"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

It's the lansdowns and tinion that need to go surely now even the happiest if clapping fans can see this how anyone can blame any of this on manning is mind numbing! 

Then what ? Bring somone else in only for them to fail under the current regime. Right okay 

Look, I'm sorry Liam, but this tactic won't work(much like many of your other ones!). 

Yes, a large part of the blame lies further up the chain, but this doesn't change the fact the team are repeatedly given tactics that simply don't work and don't entertain. Being angry with the board doesn't absolve Captain Mainwaring from blame as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Ed Hadwin has a really strange love-in for Manning. Gary Owers was 100% right to challenge him on it. Hadwin keeps pushing his own personal agenda every time he hosts and is very quick to shut down fans who he doesn’t agree with.

Bring back Geoff, so much better than Hadwin, Hoskins or Ray.

it did get quite heated

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

There could be 3 or 4 years of harm if the money is spent unwisely. Based on what I've seen, I couldn't trust him with my cheque book.

We’ll be in harms way as long as the Lansclown’s run the show. There frail ego-driven decision making will ensure we never take the next step. Sacking LM would be like cutting the grass when the house is on fire. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just watching on Sky. He’s saying that the 4 subs by them made a huge impact - but it’s him that can impact that, surely????

They scored 10 seconds after the 4 subs. We’d brought Sykes on and he switched off. 
Not sure how LM could have reacted to the 4 subs when they literally scored immediately after 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do feel a bit sorry for him. The players can't adapt fully to how he wants to play. I'm sure the club isn't going to rebuild the squad in the summer for him. Perhaps he'll be better off elsewhere

He needs to play to the strengths of the players he's got. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

they didn't exactly back him in January. I can't see them having a clear out unless we go down. It'll cost the club a fortune.

They should just face up to their mistake like they did with Deano.

Tbf it’s a shocking window to recruit in. I know I’m in the minority here, and it’s hard to push back against most people opinions that don’t think he’s up to it, but I really do feel he just needs to be able to build “his” team. I know that wasn’t what was sold to us, blah, blah, blah, but that’s the way it is. 

Like I’ve said, huge summer. 

Before the game he said on Sky only 7 subs due to injuries, Saturday was because of youth cup coming up. Which is it and if it is because of injuries didn’t we sack the last medical team due to injuries allegedly.

Why in January didn’t we bring in some players instead of loaning them back if the squad is so thin. NP said we were short of players but no one higher up seems to listen and think they know better.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, BCFCGav said:

We’ll be in harms way as long as the Lansclown’s run the show. There frail ego-driven decision making will ensure we never take the next step. Sacking LM would be like cutting the grass when the house is on fire. 

I don’t understand how you can say that. Did Nigel Pearson not show you that a manager can stabilise the club in spite of the Lansdowns. 

To say persevering with a manager who is out of his depth will do us no harm is really surprising. 

I agree we are unlikely to progress beyond this league with the Lansdown’s, but Manning has to go because otherwise you’re letting the house burn down 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

People saying Sunday could be hostile if we lose etc……it won’t though, a few boos and that’ll be it. Heard it was gonna be toxic when Pearson was unfairly sacked and majority of fans weren’t happy…..not a whimper from the Ashton Gate crowd….you wouldn’t even had known Pearson had been sacked 

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

I don't disagree. Even they can get it right occasionally though. I just think Manning is one of those "got it wrong again dad" appointments.

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Tbf it’s a shocking window to recruit in. I know I’m in the minority here, and it’s hard to push back against most people opinions that don’t think he’s up to it, but I really do feel he just needs to be able to build “his” team. I know that wasn’t what was sold to us, blah, blah, blah, but that’s the way it is. 

Like I’ve said, huge summer. 

well it depends if JL sticks to his remit. 

I can't see them splashing the cash

Just now, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

People saying Sunday could be hostile if we lose etc……it won’t though, a few boos and that’ll be it. Heard it was gonna be toxic when Pearson was unfairly sacked and majority of fans weren’t happy…..not a whimper from the Ashton Gate crowd….you wouldn’t even had known Pearson had been sacked 

The added spice is that it would be Cardiff and Swansea in quick succession; off the back of terrible form and poor performances against lower table sides. 

Normally I’m with you, but Cardiff and Swansea back to back is pure paraffin if the performance is crap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 38MC said:

I don’t understand how you can say that. Did Nigel Pearson not show you that a manager can stabilise the club in spite of the Lansdowns. 

To say persevering with a manager who is out of his depth will do us no harm is really surprising. 

I agree we are unlikely to progress beyond this league with the Lansdown’s, but Manning has to go because otherwise you’re letting the house burn down 

And what did they do to Pearson as soon as it started to bear fruit…

Whoever the manager is, they will ensure we fail. That’s exactly my point!

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

He needs to play to the strengths of the players he's got. 

But tonight he did. We played quick balls into the channels and scored goals. What would you have done differently with our attacking strategy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

it was hostile on Saturday after Cardiff

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Paraphrased but essentially yes imo. 

"For 90% of the game the plan worked and the players did a terrific job of executing it but ultimately in an atmosphere like this and you know the quality they've got, if you switch off in key moments you get punished like we did"

What's he said there that's incorrect?

There's enough to legitimately criticise him for without inventing things to get annoyed about.

• Like 3